Looking For Teachers

26 Feb 2010 17:17 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Looking For Teachers was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Hello Travance.

As a fledgling scholar, I am looking to collect knowledge on as many lores and languages as possible. If you have knowledge of anything you think I may enjoy, please send me a missive (PM) and I will gladly reply. Even if you cannot teach, let me know of it anyways so I can write it down as something to look into.

At the moment, I seem to be having trouble learning about the Bedouin language and the lands of Ja'Hagon and wondered if anyone would be willing to help me in these studies in particular.

I also would request a teacher to teach me how to make all the lesser herbal potions. I plan on learning as much as I can in the field in the next few moons.

Thank you everyone!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • fathertain
  • I am also known, as the Angel Crusher
  • Thank Yous: 0
26 Feb 2010 17:45 #2 by fathertain (fathertain)
Replied by fathertain (fathertain) on topic Looking For Teachers
As Seneschal I am obligated to inform the citizenry that this woman is a Wild Mage.  Contact her at your own risk.

R.R.Draconus

Seneschal, Travance Proper

-adam
26 Feb 2010 18:19 #3 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Looking For Teachers
I am available to instruct you on wild mages if you so choose.

Ardin Silverbow

(OOG: Norm B)

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
26 Feb 2010 18:47 #4 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Looking For Teachers
I am able to teach many of the lower herbal recipes, and the lore of the forest to you, Illana as well as any who wish to learn.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
28 Feb 2010 08:51 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Looking For Teachers
I have received quite a few replies and just wanted to thank everyone. I am pretty sure I have responded to everyone but if I have misplaced your letter, please let me know.

My apologies Seneschal, should I mention I am a wildmage in public notices? It was never mentioned as a requirement though I tend to point it out often to those I speak to.

At least people realize sending me a letter is harmless.

Thank you again. I have quite the list and I am always willing to learn more.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • fathertain
  • I am also known, as the Angel Crusher
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Feb 2010 14:10 #6 by fathertain (fathertain)
Replied by fathertain (fathertain) on topic Looking For Teachers
No wildmage is required to identify themselves in public missives.  I take care only to protect the peasantry who read these boards and who might fall prey to your demon magics.  I am refering, ofcourse, to the unexpected and often unintended explosions of energy the plague so many of that kin.

thank you for your understanding

R.R.Draconus

Seneschal, Travance Proper

-adam
01 Mar 2010 15:09 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Well Seneschal, I request, respectively of course, that you allow me to warn and inform those I speak to of such incidents on my own. I feel it is my duty to do so considering it is I that would be the supposed threat in dangerous situations. I care about those around me and I am as concerned as you are for their safety.

I hope you understand.

Thank you though for your concern, I am sure the peasantry is pleased to know you are worried for them.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
02 Mar 2010 01:18 - 02 Mar 2010 01:22 #8 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Looking For Teachers
Ilana,
    Your attitude is as apparent in your writing as it is your voice, and as a wildmage trying to make up for my own mistakes I ask that you show the Seneschal the respect he deserves. Implied sarcasm can be just as much an insult as outright slander.
    You should think more before putting your quill to a bit a parchment. There is a constant flow of new citizens to Travance, some might have answered your call without knowing the dangers. Also I find it highly improbable that you could, and highly impractical if you would, personally introduce yourself to every new face in the entire Barony as soon as they arrive since any of them could try to start a conversation with you at any time, and therefore be one of those you speak to.
    What Seneschal Draconus did was nothing more then giving a friendly public warning. Wouldn't you like to know if someone had the pox before you share a bottle with them? Wouldn't you want to know if someone was in the dungeons for theft before walking down a path alone with them? Wouldn't you want someone to warn you if the Jester or Pesmerga was sighted? Would you like to know that the person your about to introduce yourself to could explode? Or, would you like to be blissfully ignorant until the moment someone like Orias Wormwood ripped the soul form your body? I just pray you are equally skilled at acknowledging rhetorical questions as in your ability to display cynicism.
Father Emar Dark-Root
Vassal to Lord Brightstar

P.S. If I am wrong about any of this, or if you think I have interpreted anything wrong, please correct me Seneschal. Also, Ilana, if disrespect was not your intent then I suggest that you learn to write in a manner that expresses your message and tone more lucidly.

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 02 Mar 2010 01:22 by .
02 Mar 2010 19:04 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Well Emar, I have told several people writing tends to get me in trouble as I am horrible at expressing my feelings through letters. I simply do not have enough practice at it and I suppose what you feel is true means I need to try harder. I'll speak to you at feast then so you understand what I mean perfectly. My apologies.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • CC Hahn
  • Thank Yous: 5
02 Mar 2010 19:39 #10 by CC Hahn (Corteccia)
Replied by CC Hahn (Corteccia) on topic Looking For Teachers
Illana,

Your initial request posed no danger to those around you. Having known your for some time now I know you would have informed anyone who wrote to you of your heritage prior to meeting with them.  You have always been honest and caring and I do not blame you for your "implied sarcasm" or "cynicism" as I am sure the doubts and suspicions of those around you do take their toll on your morale.  If in need of anything at all please feel free come to me. My door is always open to you.

OOG: C. H.
  • Ardentfyre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 25
02 Mar 2010 20:35 #11 by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre)
Replied by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre) on topic Looking For Teachers
I will vouch for her as well.  Good luck in your training Ilana, knowledge is something no one can ever take from you.

Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
    Order of the White Fox
        Master of Defense of the Mages Guild

[hr]
Jonathon G.
Rules Officer
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.567 seconds