Late Night Guards Wanted

03 May 2011 23:18 #1 by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith)
Late Night Guards Wanted was created by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith)
Due to the recent rash of murders over the course of several moons, we are approaching tent season. No longer will we be able to flock together tightly within the walls of the inn for warmth now that the winter months are over; This troubling truth simply means, that there is a solid chance now that we are without the protection of wards, buildings, and numbers that the people who sleep alone or in small groups in tents will have a much higher chance of being accosted in the night.

It's also true, although I am not a town's guardsmen as of yet, that the town guard unfortunately cannot be everywhere at once, especially during these hours; so without my knowledge the town guard may be putting something together to warrant this problem themselves.

My group and anyone who wishes to join us will be trying to organize a sleep schedule in a specific tent site pending our arrival this moon. We are going to pool together money and erect guard shifts during specific sleeping hours that will be discussed later. Although having the ability to fend off an experienced brigand is prefered, ultimately there is safety in numbers. If you can stay up late without falling asleep and can yell loudly enough to rouse the camp then you qualify for the job. Send me a private missive with your trade and the number of seasons you've been in Travance and we will come to some agreement in compensation.

-Razael Seiryn

We stand together my brothers. We live and die by our blood. No mage will ever change that.

OOG: Daniel "Chance" Osmun
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
04 May 2011 11:39 #2 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Late Night Guards Wanted
I'm available for hire most nights that I'm in the Proper. You can leave me a message [PM] at the Inn.

-- Walker

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
05 May 2011 08:17 #3 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Late Night Guards Wanted
Mr. Seryn
Regretfully, the Baronial guard was unable to prevent the tragedy that came upon us, but this is no time to panic the incident is under investigation an if Quan Liu has his way these criminals will be brought to justice.

Now while we do encourage the citizens to be vigilant during these times I caution groups who with good intention end up further endangering the people they set out to help by taking our laws into their own hands...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
05 May 2011 13:19 #4 by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith)
Replied by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith) on topic Late Night Guards Wanted
To clarify, I am not putting together a group of any kind. I am simply outsourcing to the adventurers of Travance to make a little coin while I can sleep easier. There is no hunting of villains, no chasing down people in the night, and no trying to take the law into anyone's hands.

The duty I am wishing to have serviced is simply for a few people to patrol the camp for a 4 or 6 hour shift, taking turns and making sure no harm comes to the people on site while they rest. It is in theory, no different than paying a messenger to run a letter or people to guard a caravan. "There is a group of people coming. Let's observe. They look dangerous, we should go wake people up." or "Oh crap, there are dark elves coming."

I cannot stress enough, and I say this with complete totality. This is not an attempt to gather people under a banner, or a guild, or any of the morassness that has occurred in the last few moons. This is a one time job, and if need arises later; possibly if things go well, I will select two or three individuals to hire at a later date for a long time position. The events as of late have proven that Vigilante justice can bring nothing but division amongst the people; We cannot afford it.

We stand together my brothers. We live and die by our blood. No mage will ever change that.

OOG: Daniel "Chance" Osmun
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
15 May 2011 20:49 #5 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Late Night Guards Wanted
so, what you are looking for is simply a group of people who will keep watch at night and raise the alarm if there is anything suspicious going on?
As a newer member of the guard, I would appreciate anyone who is willing to do this sort of thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds