Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy

21 Jun 2011 13:04 #1 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy was created by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)

OOG: Kalman Spigel
21 Jun 2011 13:19 - 21 Jun 2011 15:13 #2 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Replied by Matthias Thane (Kspigel) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
Potion shop price list has been removed for review.

Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 15:13 by .
21 Jun 2011 13:58 #3 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
Doesn't "70-80% discount" generally mean that it would be 70-80% off the original price not you pay 70-80% of the original price?

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
21 Jun 2011 14:19 - 21 Jun 2011 14:29 #4 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
To the Proprietor of the Arkanian Alchemy Academy,

After reviewing your prices I find a confusion over the prices set forth by the Chancellor of Trade in terms of Buying and Selling.  The prices listed forth in the papers posted by the Chancellor of Trade set the price as followed.

Rank I Potions - 2g
Rank II Potions - 4g
Rank III Potions - 6g
Rank IV Potions - 8g

During a conversation with the Exchequer, Ming Na near the Bloody Stump, I asked he review my sentiment, to which he nearly drown upon attempting to swallow his fine tea.  He asked, as a favor that I remind you that the prices set forth by the Chancellor of Trade are done so that a proper balance of economy and prosperity can be issued that we may see our fine Barony grow.

I also have just now, while glancing back up at your fine parchment, seen that you will only purchase Essence at 5 silver, and that the Essence of Air is worth more to you, as you will purchase it at 1g yet sell it at 2g.

Referring again back to the Chancellor of Trade's papers, I see that the Market value of Essence is 1g.  Is it possible for you to inform me of a reason why I should sell my well earned Essences to you at under market value?

Now, I know that tone and emotion do not translate well over parchment and ink, however please do not make the assumption this is meant on an attack against the Arkanian Alchemy Academy.  I would love to see such an establishment take root in Travance, so long as it follows the pre-established Trade and Economical standards set.

Walk in the Light,
Lucas R. Brand
Vassal of Pendarvin

Forgive my revisiting the topic, however I saw at the very bottom in small print that members of your Board will purchase Poisons.  Is this sanctioned by the Barony?  Poisons are nothing to be trifled with and it seems very broad a statement that you would purchase Poisons from any member of town or possible floating merchant.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 14:29 by .
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Jun 2011 14:32 #5 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
There have been quite a few changes to the prices of alchemical items in the past few months. Its getting difficult for the merchants to keep up.

Are these prices endorsed by the Chancellor of Trade and discussed with the merchants in the Trade Guild?

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
21 Jun 2011 14:49 - 21 Jun 2011 14:57 #6 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Replied by Matthias Thane (Kspigel) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
Endorsement is a sticky wicket, but these prices have been approved by the Office of The chancellor of Trade.

Prices are as Lucas Brand suggested, Rank 1 being 2gold and on up, with the exception of higher list prices for any potion including essence of air.

Bear in mind that these prices are not what everyone should be charging but merely what the Academy will be charging. The benefit being that you will not have to hock your wares, or run all over Travance to find what it is you seek. Additionally we will buy and sell in bulk.

The Potion shop is a small facet of the academy, and prices will continue to be altered until all parties find satisfaction.

Independent trade is, and will always remain, encouraged.

Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 14:57 by .
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Jun 2011 15:03 #7 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
Will you have all of these items in stock, or is there an ordering process? Who will be the best person to contact if needing items right away?

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
21 Jun 2011 15:14 - 21 Jun 2011 15:15 #8 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
Professor Suliman,

First and foremost, forgive me for questioning the integrity of a fellow academic, but it is currently on your word alone that we, the citizens of Travance, are to rely that the Chancellor has approved this, which, in my opinion, would be angering to those outside of your Academy.  Your Potion's Shop is selling a couple products below the list price to the public (namely your Alchemical Alcohol and Salves of Healing), thus endangering other businesses who are upholding the laws set forth by the Chancellor, which you, in your response to Mr. Lucas Brand and Squire Zafrin Yhatzi, declared as the truth.

It seems a bit hard to believe that the Chancellor of Trade, who is the Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, would harm businesses he is supposed to protect by allowing you to undersell products.  Then again, that is only my opinion, as I cannot speak for the rest of Travance.  Perhaps if the Chancellor chimed in on this matter, the entire issue can be cleared up.

Moreover, Professor, it appears you are in fact cheating members of your Academy out of their items.  You will only buy items from Academy members at 70% of your selling price, yet you sell to them at 80%.  There is no actual benefit to joining your Academy as far as prices go, especially considering the 10 gold membership fee.

As to your mentioning of the Shop being a small portion of the Academy, I personally am not able to see what else your Academy truly offers.  Would you enlighten me so that I may understand?

Finally, as Sister McKraegar said, you are telling a bold faced lie by claiming a 70-80% discount to Academy members.  Perhaps you should revise this.

In the Name of the Weave,

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 15:15 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Jun 2011 15:15 #9 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
It is clear to any who have a basic understanding of economics that fixed prices can only prevail in a static economy or by force.  I have long sold basic food for less than the stated price, and only pay a gold piece when someon asks that I take some in payment.  As a counterpoint, I pay a premium for clothing (or make a long term arrangement with some tailors to take all they can provide).  Until the town acquires more tailors, that will be the way.  Luxuries were hard to come by when Travance was first settled, but as we are "Gypsy friendly" their various forms of entertinment provide a base that helps keep the price surpisingly affordable.

Katerina, you are correct in your statement about the discount.  People often make that mistake.  He is an accomlished alchemist, not a mathematician.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
21 Jun 2011 15:28 #10 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Grand Opening of The Arkanian Alchmical Academy
I wish to personally thank everyone for being so animated in their discussions about Trade.

As the Chancellor, I am always delighted when one of my favorite subjects is so vibrantly debated amongst the citizenry and nobility of Travance.

As to Professor Ben Suliman's pricing recommendations, we must remember that Ali is new to Travance.  These prices may have been the norm on the other side of the Rift, but things operate differently here in Travance.  I assure the citizens and nobility of Travance that I will make a diligent effort to sit down with Professor Ben Suliman at the next Baronial Feast and make certain that the pricing of his Acadame is in keeping with both the recognized (and easily accessible) Trade Regulations of Travance as well as the rules of the Merchant's Guild of Travance.

Again, thank you all for your fierce devotion to equitable trade and your interest in matters alkhemikal.  It warms my heart to know that the profession to which I have devoted so much of my life is so well respected and so needed here in Travance.

Now that the pricing list has been removed and has been placed under review by the Acadame and the Chancellery of Trade, I consider this matter closed.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to write me a personal missive or contact my Trade Enforcer, Master Odo Garaath.

On this first day of summer, may the light of Valos and the winds of Gaia be with you.

Sincerely,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds