My Dear Friends

• brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
30 Jun 2011 14:09 #1 by brik (sonya)
My Dear Friends was created by brik (sonya)
My Dear Friends,

I am posting this note to inform you that I am leaving Travance, and that it is unlikely that I will be returning soon. Please know that it is not out of any ill will toward this land. In fact, it’s just the opposite! When I first came here I wasn’t much better than the local tribal goblins… I was feral, crude, and didn’t even have the nerve to speak. But being in Travance with all of you has truly changed me for the better. I know that it might sound a bit silly for a goblin to claim she has anything resembling bravery, but I can truly say that because of the time I spent here I have gained the courage to take charge of my own life. I have the courage to face what would have terrified me to even think about a few years ago… and this is why I need to leave.

Please understand that while I have many friends and duties here, there are even older responsibilities and people that I abandoned out of fear. However, because of you I have the strength to return and, hopefully, to make things right. I’m only one, small goblin, but you have taught me that some things are always worth fighting for, no matter what the odds are.

I’m no scholar, and so admittedly I don’t have the smarts to think of any words to express how grateful I am to all of you for everything you have ever done for me. I’m anything but a saint, but I’ve been treated better than any goblin could possibly imagine by the people of Travance, and for that I thank you.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me for any reason, I will be at Magnus’s old orphanage for the next few days while I make travel preparations. After that I will be headed for old Gaaldron.

---Brik B.

oog - sonya m.
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
30 Jun 2011 16:05 #2 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic My Dear Friends
My Dear Brik,

You will be sorely missed.  I wish you the best in your journeys, and may your adventures be worthy of song.

If and when you choose to return to Travance, I shall make certain to have some gummy frogs for you, as I know they were your favorite.

Sincerely,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
30 Jun 2011 21:37 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic My Dear Friends
Brik!

You no make Blade happy with you leave.  Me told me protect you, now what me do?  You help need?  Move stuff?  Me can do!  Maybe you need cigar for travels.  What think you?

Blade

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
30 Jun 2011 22:33 #4 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic My Dear Friends
You will be missed Brik. May the light and the justice of Galladel guide and protect you.

Fr. Brax

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
01 Jul 2011 00:52 #5 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic My Dear Friends
Miss Brockles,
          There are no words that are in my lexicon that can express how I am feeling.  I am sorry for my shaky writing I'm finding it rather difficult to deal with this right now.  You were many things to me.  One of my first guides through the wilds, a good ear, and a great friend.  I will always be here for you.  I love you.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
01 Jul 2011 02:21 #6 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic My Dear Friends
Dear Brik,

I am going to miss you!  You are a Great Friend and Hero to me and to Travance.  I will miss you!  I know that your travels are very Important.  Know that if you need a friend, I am here!

With Joy, Love and Peace,

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
01 Jul 2011 09:31 #7 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic My Dear Friends
Brik, know that you will always have a place in the Sharpthorn Clan, should you desire it once your business in Gaaldron is complete. We share more in common than the color of our skin. You will be missed here in Travance.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds