The Traitor's Tale

11 Sep 2011 22:02 #1 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
The Traitor's Tale was created by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
To he or she who would seek command at all costs, we are all victims in waiting. It would seem that our late lordApollo has taken this notion to heart.

Dear Lord Apollo,

Why did you retract your earlier letter- the one which promised for the blood and slaughter of innocents until you got your wish- from the town board? Was it my riddle about the simpleton's hammer or simply its answer, that soured your mood? So capricious, it would be quite and embarrassment for your rebellion to end just as quickly and with so little notice as your note, though I won't lie, the prospect leaves me as content as a cat with cream. Can you afford losing your head...again?

To the town, both young and old, you'd be surprised at the forces you can muster when you do other than what you're told. The traitorous lordling says submit to his demands, but only you can show him that these are our lands.

The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die. Arm yourself against the would be butcher.

Yours truly,
H.B.

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
11 Sep 2011 22:11 #2 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Re: The Traitor's Tale
I made no such retraction, your craven leaders tear down my truths.

If you were present at my "execution" you would realize I allowed myself to be killed, only to be reborn in blood and fury.

I do not wish to harm you all, but your rulers are corrupt and need dispatching. Save me the trouble and I will spare you my wrath.

Lord Apollo Abendroth

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
11 Sep 2011 22:24 - 12 Sep 2011 09:58 #3 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic The Traitor's Tale
How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.

I can only speak for myself- I care little for leaders and less for politics- but these innocents you promised to slay if you did not get your way, they have a funny habit of making problems go away. You don't need a formal title or position to stop people such as yourself. In fact some might say- in under a years time- you'll rue this day.

~H.G.

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 09:58 by .
12 Sep 2011 00:12 #4 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic The Traitor's Tale
You must be crazy mage too!  Maybe you sneak, maybe you put up note, maybe you turn, maybe Apollo behind you.  You not strong like Blade, maybe you die.  Maybe Blade need kill Apollo, maybe Apollo kill Blade, me not like magic, but Apollo say him keep me round so me take him out if him go crazy... me know where honor be.  You not know, Apollo do too much magic!  Him made crazy, like me say him would.  Him too weak to stop magic.  Maybe Blade not good friend, maybe Blade need punch those who do magic so them stop doing magic so them not go crazy like Apollo.

Me maybe not thought smart, but when other stupid human go crazy, we try to fix.  Why we not get Max-well, who name means best health so him got to be good, fix Apollo?  Maybe him cut magic out of him, then him no more crazy.  Me not want to kill Apollo, and me more not want Apollo kill Blade, but maybe if no fix, that what Apollo say Blade need do.

-OOG Michael Smith
12 Sep 2011 09:54 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Courage and I have never been boon companions and thus I've lived long; I see no need to change my ways. To you Apollo, if you wish to kill innocents its best to start with those who cause you the most trouble.

Play my game Apollo: kill no innocents until you kill me first- else in waxing darkness one night you might find me behind you, and I'll be eager to prove the similarity between a hammer and a billy club. But I wonder, are you clever enough to find me, faceless and nameless, or does your intellect stop at slaughter?

On a side note, I am glad to see that there is someone out there who is as dubious about the trustability of magic as I am. Blade, you possess a keen and honest intelligence.

~H.G.

Eli
RP Marshal
12 Sep 2011 10:47 #6 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Apollo, it makes me very happy that you accepted the rules of my game, though the missive you left on my pillow seemed quick to fade. I guess such are the foibles of such business.

As we agreed, you and your ilk will kill no innocents until you kill me.

I'm practically purring with pleasure at the prospect. Its been a while since I've had a pack of rats to play with.

Good hunting.

~H.G.

Eli
RP Marshal
12 Sep 2011 18:24 - 12 Sep 2011 21:05 #7 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic The Traitor's Tale
Addressed to H.G.,

Apollo is no butcher, I am a butcher,or thee Butcher to say in this town. While you also seem to be Noble and Brave in spirit, I hope that your feet and reflexes are a quick as your tongue. The man you challenge is not simple by any means.

Addressed[strike] Lord[/strike] Apollo,

I am sorry to hear of your peril and demise. While you may be what you are, you have always been that, a dear good customer and a powerful ally. While i don't agree that you have destroyed a number of my consumers, I am sure you had you own reasons. Until we may meet again, I hope you find solace in your exile from the proper of Travance.

Victor P. Cutting
                                                                                 Master Butcher

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 21:05 by .
12 Sep 2011 18:34 - 12 Sep 2011 22:04 #8 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Also [strike]Lord[/strike] Abendroth,

Might I also add I would offer anything to your Lady that she needs, that is if she has not chosen to leave with you. Please contact me to what she needs to live comfortably.

Victor C.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 22:04 by .
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
12 Sep 2011 20:57 #9 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic The Traitor's Tale
Victor Cutting,

Stay your quill from this public posting area, Apollo Abendroth is no lord, stripped of his title by our Barony William Montgomery.  To refer to him as such is to claim him false title, of which is against the laws of our Barony.  This man, who originally was thought to take his punishment like a man instead returned with agents of darkness to slaughter members of this town.

Everybody who reads upon this parchment, know that Apollo Abendroth is a monster... and while we may all hold a small spot in our hearts from any who have lost their way from the Light, never should we let that blind us of our duties to King and Country, and to the Light.  Those who would turn to the evils of Necromancy or to consorting with Demons have lost their way in the Light.  I urge each and every man and woman of Travance to be weary of the days to come, for this is not over.

Consort not with Evil and wish not for power, for it is the root of corruption.  Apollo Abendroth, if you read this, return silently to your exile and visit upon this town no longer, for if you do, know that Travance will not falter, Travance will not fall.

For King and Country,
Lucas R. Brand

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
12 Sep 2011 21:10 - 12 Sep 2011 21:14 #10 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Vassal Lucas R. Brand,

The Title Lord has been stricken from my previous script. I do however still offer my help to his wife, I do not believe this is a Crime, But I stand corrected on your previous statement that the law is the law.

Victor P. Cutting

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 21:14 by .
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
12 Sep 2011 21:20 #11 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic The Traitor's Tale
As I am a realitively new member to Travance and may not be a noble or even an important person. I will still agree with Lucas. If you come near this land I will help defend it. Come near any Nobles I will defend them.

-Caelvan Renaith
  Ranger

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
12 Sep 2011 21:43 #12 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic The Traitor's Tale
Unless another higher ranking Nobel says otherwise.  This topic is ended.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds