A Note of Concern

18 Sep 2011 04:10 #1 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
A Note of Concern was created by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
I've been seeing a right lot of ink spilled and throats made hoarse with shouting over the events of this past moon.  Aye, 'tis indeed a great sadness that friends were taken from us by one we counted as one we could trust and turn to in times of trouble.  'Tis also a sadness that one held to a higher standard was tempted by power promised by dark forces and gave into that temptation.  Make no mistake, I'm not trying to make any excuses for what happened, but I have to say, I'm getting mighty tired of the only things on every townsmember's lips being akin to "grrr, Apollo bad, righteous indignation, grr" or "Travance good, we can survive anything!"

Prove it.

I may not be as seasoned as some here, but I've been in town for more than a few moons, and in that time, the amount of infighting and lack of cooperation I've seen has been a fair shock.  I'm challenging the lot of you to quit squabbling amongst yourselves for the least bit of gain and actually work together.  

Professor Cypher posted a nice, eloquent little bit about not cowering behind Mythals and standing as one and so on.  I'll believe you lot are capable of that when I see it.  It's a grand sentiment, to be sure, and I'm in agreement with the emotion of it, but I'm hearing a lot of talk with naught being done.  You want to be keeping the town safe?  Grand!  Sign yourself up for the guard, so they have the manpower to put out more patrols to protect those as can't be fighting.  Got a spare blade you're not using?  Give it to the new lad over there.  Courage and fighting not quite your speed?  Fine, do a scouting run or two.

'Tis dark and troubled times, to be sure, that's when we need to be stepping up and getting things done most.  There is only so much the nobles or highly seasoned folks can do by themselves.  If we depend too much on a relatively small group of people to do everything for us, we will surely die off right quick.  But if those of all seasons and abilities can manage to work together for the good of all instead of one, we might just survive this night to see day again.

I'm not normally one to carry on like this, but I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I feel it had to be said.  There's no point fighting for a town that fights and bickers over scraps, like dogs in an alley.  I'm thinking this town is worth fighting for, and I'll bleed for it as much as is needed, but it's going to take every last person here to not just merely survive, but thrive.

May Galladell judge you kindly, and keep your shield arm strong,

Brother Bran MacInnes.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds