Kick Backs

07 Feb 2012 12:35 #1 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Kick Backs was created by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Me want to make sure me know what you say. Words like punching. Better you hit few hard hits.

Me need pay Lord 5 to 10 gold a year.
If me make building me need to pay another 10 gold no matter how big me make it.

If me no give kick back you send collector. Maybe me pay, maybe him take me things, maybe me not like too much collector visit, maybe me wind up in ditch.

Ok, what me get out of deal?
Maybe someone want stay with me, maybe me charge them 1 gold a month. Maybe me have to make building like Jonas. Then me make lots of money and only have to pay 10 gold a year.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadrian Thane (GBino), Ming Na (Ming Na), Josephine (mferro54)
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
07 Feb 2012 14:20 #2 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Kick Backs
Dear Blade,

You must pay the King's tax. That is 5 gold pieces per year. If Lord Blackthorne wants to charge you a higher tax to cover the expenses of Alisandria, he may do so. If you happen to own a building in Travance Proper (perhaps on the lands given to the four Lords during their stay each moon), that building will be charged 10 gold each year. At this time, the Barony will not charge you for buildings you may own outside the Proper itself.

What do you get out of it? You get the continued protection of His Excellency and his Lords. You get to keep selling your lovely cigars to people, because they actually feel safe here and are willing to travel to Travance. You get to travel to the Proper once a month on good roads maintained by the taxes you pay, patrolled by troops your taxes pay to employ, who are armed with swords and wearing armor that your taxes help pay for, who can then arrest brigands and put them in a sturdy jail your taxes help build. These things are just a few of the things in Travance your taxes help pay.

As I am still the Chancellor of Trade, I know that your merchant's license is up to date and that if you wished to build a building in the Proper like Jonas Kane and charge people staying there 1 gold piece per month, you can do that. If you had one person stay with you per year, you would have 12 gold pieces at the end of the year. You would pay 10 gold pieces to the Barony for the building and have 2 gold pieces left over. I would personally recommend having more people stay with you each year. You could set up a room where you sold drinks and your fine cigars as well.

If you would like, we can discuss this in more detail at the next Feast.

Sincerely,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
08 Feb 2012 11:32 - 08 Feb 2012 14:36 #3 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic Kick Backs
Translation:

Blade,

Words like punching just for you.

You pay King 5 gold each year.
Maybe your Lord make you pay him 5 gold each year, too.
Maybe you have building. If so, you pay 10 more gold each year.

What you get?
Taxes pay guard. Taxes pay Armies. Taxes equip both army and guard. Taxes fix roads. Taxes pay for stuff we all use. Better roads means more people can come to buy cigar from Blade.

Seneschal says he did math.
Math says charge gold for stay in building good idea.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
Last edit: 08 Feb 2012 14:36 by THENPC (THENPC).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Ming Na (Ming Na), Josephine (mferro54)
08 Feb 2012 12:54 #4 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Kick Backs
Ok, so me build then me get to charge people gold to stay, then me kinda like lord. But me think me should build big. Then me more like lord, make more tax, pay same tax up. Me understand mountain racket. Work out ok for everyone not on bottom. Me ok, me just want make sure me not on bottom of mountain.

Sleep with Blade, coming soon! Good view! You give money to sleep with Blade maybe me give you free cigar! Special group rates available! You want special meeting, you not want people know? Special hour rates available! Extra if you want me tell stupid people go away.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
08 Feb 2012 14:18 #5 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic Kick Backs
Blade, you will never be at the bottom of the mountain. Build big or small, what ever makes you happy. I for one would love to stretch out at your fine establishment. I am sure it will be a good experience laying back with a nice cigar!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
09 Feb 2012 01:56 #6 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Kick Backs
Blade,

You are a credit to Ogres everywhere. Never have I met one as economically minded as you and daresay I could learn a thing or two. Please keep doing what you are doing, and those finely wrapped cigars flowing.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds