Soul Harvesters?

• Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
15 Apr 2012 18:52 #1 by Atrus (Atrus)
Soul Harvesters? was created by Atrus (Atrus)
Am I the only one who is concerned about the soul harvester that was possessing people? The one that was marking people as of 3 or 4 weeks ago. Or are we going to act like it's a big secret and only a handful of people can be trusted with this information?

-Atrus

(ooc John)

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
15 Apr 2012 19:22 - 15 Apr 2012 19:22 #2 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Soul Harvesters?
Atrus, and all others who read upon this parchment.

Forgive the amount of time it has taken to bring what little information we have on this situation to the attention of the general public. Please understand that much like when dealing with a threat of outside or generally unknown power and potential it is never the intent for that people be left in the dark. That being said I will supply what little information I can to you here and unless overruled by a higher position of nobility ask that any and all further information please be sent post-haste to my estate in the Pendarvin area of the Proper addressed to Ilana Darkwood, as she has been keeping most of our notes involving the issue.

During the brief time in the proper a few weeks ago there were a number of humanoid beings that seemed to have been influenced by a spiritual entity. These creatures ranged from docile to aggressive and currently we know that they possessed the capacity to assault our towns members with some sort of Spiritual attack. There is little information about this attack other than it would appear that without the ability to defend yourself both physically and mentally there is an effect.

The location of where these creatures is currently unknown, and as far as the lasting effects of succumbing to these creatures is not fully known, it has been documented that those who have been affected in whole by these creatures experience a sort of mental affliction similar to Schizophrenia, however it is incurable as far as our top physicians have been able to diagnose.

There appears to have been a cure discovered in several Galladellian and Healer abilities, however due to the unknown nature of this entity instead of attempting these cures on your own please seek Angelica Tellinghast, Mother Arabeth Chance, Myself or Ilana Darkwood. The reason I say this is that there has been a theory of this affliction evolving over time and so our ability to aid those afflicted may change or otherwise be lost in time.

To be clear, although it was noted that the energies involving a single attack had a feeling similar to something our healers have felt with Soul Harvesters, there is not a direct link that a Soul Harvester himself has been marking anybody yet. It may be that these creatures draw from a similar energy. Further it should be known that although some have succumb to this affliction and then healed, not everybody has experienced a mark.

This is not a request but a mandate. If you have come in contact with these creatures and have been afflicted... you find yourself losing periods of time, you feel as if you are not feeling right of mind in any capacity then please send a retelling of your experiences to Ilana Daarkwood or myself in Pendarvin as soon as possible. We are staying near the Statehouse in the proper still so any missives will reach us quickly.

Thank you,
Squire Lucas Brand of Pendarvin

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
Last edit: 15 Apr 2012 19:22 by Chris G. (Cross).
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
16 Apr 2012 12:02 #3 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic Soul Harvesters?
I was under the impression that the two were connected. The man had talked to me about a soul harvester at some point, and the healers said something about them as well. It is a relief to know the two are not connected.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
16 Apr 2012 12:10 - 16 Apr 2012 21:33 #4 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Soul Harvesters?
That's wrong. They are connected, the Soul Harvester just hasn't shown up here. It was in Faust three years ago. Though, at this rate, I would suggest keeping one's guard up this moon. The chances of a Soul Harvester appearing is better than average.

No one has asked me anything, but I will clarify anything I see written here if nothing else.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 21:33 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
16 Apr 2012 12:14 #5 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Soul Harvesters?
It is possible that a connection can still be made, but rest assured that as soon as we can say that with confidence we will make sure that the populace is made aware. For now it would be worth taking precautions regardless. I do not want to throw fear into the hearts of the people without just cause and a plan, fear and panic will cause more turmoil than anything at this point.

Travance, stay strong and trust in these words. I again implore that anybody who has been in contact with these beings send missive as soon as possible to my estate next to the Pendarvin Statehouse in the Proper addressed to either myself or Ilana Darkwood. It is possible that somebody who is afflicted by this ability may be experiencing too much turmoil to facilitate this request so I ask that anybody who sees a friend or even a stranger acting odd report it in their stead.

Stand vigilant, Travance. Trust that as information is discovered it will be dispersed through the proper channels. Please do not think that any information is being purposely withheld from the public. We will try to keep all well informed as to the nature of these new threats to our safety.

Thank you, Travance.
Squire Lucas Brand

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
16 Apr 2012 20:37 #6 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Soul Harvesters?
I cannot stress how important it is that anyone affected by this be brought to a strong empathic healer (preferably Lucas or myself, as not many are able to resist its effects) or one who can manipulate the Threads of Fate as soon as is possible. If the effect can be transferred to someone who can defend against it, it will dissipate. However there is only a short period of time before this cannot be undone... we do not yet know what this will do to those it affects, healers or no. Personally, I do not wish to find out, so please bring this to our attention quickly.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
17 Apr 2012 08:56 #7 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Soul Harvesters?
Any idea which direction this soul harvester might be comming from... With the recent re structuring of the guard, I have been up to my neck in paper work and I could fancy a stroll

Cpt. Von-Ritter

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
17 Apr 2012 09:03 #8 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Soul Harvesters?
Not sure just yet, but I'll be sure to let you know if I figure that out. There's apparently about seven town members who you should see with glowing markings that aren't coming forward if you'd like to help with that for now. There's a chance they might not notice the markings themselves, so it might not be on purpose. I'll get you some psalms to help you see spirits as well, that should help people a lot this moon if they want to assist. -Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
17 Apr 2012 11:46 #9 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Soul Harvesters?
A few questions that could help me out....
Would these markings be clearly visible to us? i.e. on the face or hands... Or would they be hidden under their clothing? Will these markings fade by next feast? Or will they be visible for sometime? Also would they be acting any differently than they usually do or would they just have a marking? I ask so that in case the markings aren't visible they can still be identified.

I also will do my best to keep an eye out in Kaladonia for any of these individuals.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
17 Apr 2012 18:46 #10 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Soul Harvesters?
NOT RAYVEN:

Citizens of Travance. My name is William Antheel, servant of Galladel, and I believe I met some of you last moon. There are a great many things that we have yet to discern regarding this foe ahead, but there is hope. I bring some news from Faust regarding some of the effects resulting from contact with these spirits.

First off, there seems to be a variety of different effects from contact. While some may seem beneficial at first, I have yet to determine what prolonged exposure does to the body and mind. It seems that these spirits "possess" in two ways, mentally and physically. If you can defend yourself physically, but not mentally, it allows you to See Spirits, very similar to those that are attuned to a focus, or can call upon the blessings of Galladel. If you can defend yourself mentally, but not physically, for some reason it allows you to physically interact and touch these spirits. You would still need a way to see them though. We have seen that if you cannot resist either one of these effects, it appears there is no immediate effect. I do not recommend testing your luck however, until it can be investigated further. As those above my post have already stated, there are ways to cure this affliction, but all of them are unstable, and nothing is guaranteed.

Some of the symptoms have been reported as memory loss, and generally behaving out of character. If you are attuned to a focus, or can See Spirits, you will be able to tell at first glance who is affected. It appears as if a second soul is trying to inhabit the body, almost possessing them.

As far as the connection between a Soul harvester and these spirits, I have yet to get a concrete answer for you. I will be present this coming feast to hopefully answer more of your questions, though I am unsure what time.

May Galladel protect us,
William Antheel

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds