To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance

• Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
11 May 2012 15:36 #1 by Chris G. (Cross)
To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance was created by Chris G. (Cross)
Greetings,

I would be most interested if I could gather the attention of the greater minds of Travance together for a meeting. I am hoping to meet with any Alchemists, Smiths, Scholars and Physicians. Unfortunately I cannot mention more than a desire to meet and get to know you all at this time, but for the purposes of the weary-minded. I propose a meeting in your Dragon's Claw Inn around 1 Bell, the day of your Baronial Feast. If you are capable of making this meeting, please feel free to send me missive, I will be resting my feet and inventorying my affects nearby. Either respond here or send a courier. It matters not to me.

Thank you,
Marcus Vale

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
11 May 2012 15:52 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Marcus Vale,
While I just learned the art of smithing last baronial feast, I will be there.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
11 May 2012 16:00 #3 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
I will have to admit that I find myself intrigued by this invitation.
As one of the smiths of Travance, I will most definitely be attending this meeting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
11 May 2012 16:10 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
I will unfortunately be indisposed during this time, although as both a Smith and a Priest of Brazen, I would like to meet with you at some other time, if you are able. If this is agreeable, we can arrange a private meeting, or correspond by private missive.

In service to the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
11 May 2012 17:03 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
"I will have to admit that I find myself intrigued by this invitation.
As one of the smiths of Travance, I will most definitely be attending this meeting."

Elric,
Since you will be at this meeting, would it be possible for me to be taught how to work with basic materials, work with metal to create weapons, and evaluate items?

Your new apprentice,

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
11 May 2012 23:18 #6 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Dear Master Vale,

Unfortunately,I cannot be in attendance tot his moon's feast. I would however like to get together and discuss my skills as a physician with you.

Thank you!

With Joy and Love,

Gwynedd

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
12 May 2012 03:46 #7 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Dear Master Vale,

I am still making certain my arrangements for transport to the Feast are in place for this month, and if they are, then I shall do my best to meet with you. I may not have the greatest skill with alchemy, and I may only be an assistant to most of the smiths around town, but I see nothing wrong with perhaps using this meeting as a learning opportunity myself.

Well wishes for safe travels,

Na'ar Chacov

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
12 May 2012 10:07 #8 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Good people of Travance,

I am surprised at this town's collection of Smiths! However, their lack of physicians, alchemists and scholars seems to have me terribly concerned. If any are seeking instruction in the ways of alchemy or wish to begin understanding their ways around the the book then I will try to make time to teach these things.

Perhaps it is not a lack of talent but my timing? Would noon be a more sufficient time to meet or is one bell okay for everybody?

Thank you,
Marcus Vale

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
Mook
12 May 2012 11:46 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Mr. Vale,

It will be nice to see you again.
We have a good number of scholars, I'll try and make sure they're represented if they cannot come on their own.

-Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 2012 13:21 #10 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
The time would probably be better to be moved to a later time in the day. For there is a wedding going on starting at noon, that is probably why some people may not write here that they are coming. Not because they wish to not to come, but they already made promises to come to this wedding, I actually must be there, and while I believe it'll be over by 1, I apologize if this wedding makes me late for this meeting.

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
12 May 2012 16:40 #11 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
I was unaware of a wedding to be occurring, unfortunately my work does not lend me much time and my work in important. For those of you who wish to be in attendance I will at least say this, in conclusion with our meeting there are the grounds of an old and long lost to the world church that has been discovered tucked deep away in the forest that I would much like to examine and hoped to have company in doing so. There are sure to be perils, however I will leave it to those of the meeting to decide how best to go about such things, just please... understand that the area may be unstable and the less simple minded stomping I have, the better... least some ancient relic of the past be ground out of existence.

I'm sure you all understand. One Bell will be the time set, if someone cannot make the time please do send me a message informing me your talents and name and I will see to informing you to the best of my ability. Can somebody who reads upon this also do me the favor of locating whomever I must make arrangements to involving the private sale of items within the Barony of Travance?

Thank you all,
Marcus Vale

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
Mook
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 May 2012 20:59 #12 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Master Vale

There is no set requirement to conduct private sales within the Barony, unless you desire a table at Market Faire, in which case you should contact the Seneschal, Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf. If you would be so kind as to send me a missive outlining what you have, I would appreciate it.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
12 May 2012 21:25 - 12 May 2012 21:26 #13 by Barak Tellinghast (Barak Tellinghast)
Replied by Barak Tellinghast (Barak Tellinghast) on topic To the Great Minds and Craftsmen of Travance
Marcus Vale,

If your intention is to contact members of Travance to work out some form of sale, you may wish to consider contacting the aforementioned Chancellor of Trade to obtain a Merchant's License. This will allow you not only to occupy a table at market faire if you so choose, but would allow you to publicly offer your wares within the Barony of Travance at any time you wish, to anyone who may be interested. If any of your items would happen to be arcane in nature, you should also contact Guildmaster Ardin Silverbow regarding them.

Sir Barak Tellinghast
Knight of Drega'Mire
Guardian of Vardamir

OOG: Jason Turqman
Officer
Last edit: 12 May 2012 21:26 by Barak Tellinghast (Barak Tellinghast).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds