Subjects of Mordavia

• Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
22 May 2012 10:51 - 22 May 2012 11:31 #1 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Subjects of Mordavia was created by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Subjects of Mordavia

My name is Ming Na, and I was the Dominus Rystar of the Imperial Merchants’ Guild of Ostcliff. By the authority of his Grace, Count Sebastian Winterdark, Earl of the Marches, I have been asked to turn in this title, and was named Lord of Mordavia, on the 19th of May in this year, 1212. As part of my command, I bring the members and stewards of Ostcliff to live among you as subject, as brethren, to build and enrich this land that we shall share.

I knew Sir Malcolm Germaine, but perhaps not as well as all of you. I was in attendance when this world saw fit to call him to his ancestors. He is the embodiment of what we should strive to be: stalwart and enduring, always believing in the future. Know that his memory shall forever be held with the highest of regard. A example of what we as a people must become.

As part of this responsibility, your land and our resources must join together. I intend to create an arrangement that shall benefit each of us: The merchants, craftsmen, artisans, and administrators that I bring you will lend you their expertise and skills in creating a land that is no longer wild, but hardy and refined, a match to any in the kingdom. Our Wardens & Vanguard shall defend the land so that trade & prosperity may flow to every subject.

In return, I expect your contributions as a loyal and hardworking people, ready to grow and progress, and eager to watch every step of the process of building and improvement, from the beginnings of construction to the comfort of a land that moves from success to success. None of us are strangers to hard work nor dedication.

This opportunity that His Grace the Count has granted us is a rare one indeed, and I believe that this new beginning demands a symbol and a name to denote this new chapter in the history of this land. I have chosen the wolf as the heraldic symbol of this land, to stand for the valiant captains that stage enduring campaigns and difficult enterprises, always to emerge successful, and to represent those whom it is dangerous to assail or accost, who shall overcome any obstacle with their perseverance and hard work. I cannot think of a more fitting symbol for our people.

Let it be known, that from this day forward the land shall be called Ostcliff. Our proud colors shall be the stark contrast of hunter green & black. Our motto shall be reminiscent of our intentions: “Strength, through Unity.” Ours is the strength that the enemies of Kormyre shall fear. Ours is the brotherhood that others envy. Ours is the family that shall endure an age! A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination, and the people of Ostcliff shall ever have both.

My vision for the future is a grand one: a coin for every coffer, and a chicken in every pot, but it is you, the people, who must see this vision for it to truly be achieved. No matter how tough times get, you will be tougher. No matter what life throws at you, you will be ready. You will not be defined by the difficulties you face, but how you respond – with strength, and grace, and a commitment to others, which as I am told, you have done with superb distinction.

By my hand,

Lord Na of Ostcliff

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
Last edit: 22 May 2012 11:31 by Ming Na (Ming Na).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Grizzle (UncleGrizzle), rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Matthias (Matthias)
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
22 May 2012 11:09 #2 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Subjects of Mardavia
Hear, hear!

Congratulations to Lord Na and the populace of Ostcliff.

- Matthias

OOG: Nicholas B.
22 May 2012 23:39 #3 by Fearghal Ull Uidhir (Zurgathol)
Replied by Fearghal Ull Uidhir (Zurgathol) on topic Subjects of Mordavia
Brilliantly written sir!

-Fear'ghal Ull Uidhir

(OOG NAME) Charles Ferris
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds