War Has Begun!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
11 Jul 2012 16:12 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
War Has Begun! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
War Has Begun!

Subjects of Travance,

Last moon we suffered from a plague of unknown origins that threatened to wipe us out. The efforts of many of you helped to dodge that fate and soon after we realized the true source of the alchemical weapon; The vile and ruthless empire of New Gaaldron and Gaaldron. The Green Menace rears its ugly head again and this time dares to declare open war with Kormyre!

Across the rift for the first time in ages, Gaaldron already moves against our heartland. Fear not, for the Kings forces are fast at work to protect the Kingdom from these monsters, though that leaves us across the rift to deal with the threat from New Gaaldron on our own.

Our reports show that their battle lines will reach us within one weeks time. The expansion army is too far away to arrive in time and are in either case preparing to deflect a Valaryian threat. It is up to our people to defend ourselves. The threat will hit Kaladonia and Pendarvin first. They are to mobilize all of their forces to prepare for a breech in our boarders. The remaining provinces are to deploy as many resources and available militia as they can to aid the northern battle lines.

Should any of the enemy breech the battle line and travel south, you must be aware of the type of enemy you face. These creatures have been known to grease the wheels of their war machines with their goblin newborns, the heartless and wretched creatures that they are. They subjugate their weaker subjects and force them to march first into battle as fodder to weaken their opposing forces, tiring them out with sheer numbers, forcing their goblin population to breed quickly for just such revolting battle tactics.

Updates both from myself and from appointed Kingdom officials will be posted publicly for all to see. The more informed you all are the better prepared you can be for the oncoming battle. Stay vigilant and on guard!

By My Will Be Done,
Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark
Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
12 Jul 2012 11:53 #2 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic War Has Begun!
The enemy is but days from our doorstep. These are ruthless monsters who could never understand the concept of family and friends. Born and bred to fight and kill. They must crash against the forces of this town and fall to it's might. The best course of action is to meet their attack with a proper coordinated defense.

With only a few days time, we must mobilize immediately.
All plans for defense or scouting should be sent to the war camp located within the proper. (PM me)

We are at war and your King needs you!
For King and Country,
General Joshua Harrison
Loez Royal Guard

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
12 Jul 2012 12:02 - 12 Jul 2012 17:44 #3 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic War Has Begun!
I will take a group scouting a few days before the feast. This group should be comprised of those who can move somewhat silently and can handle themselves in a fight (or at least get away quickly should one arise). Message me if you can join and I will send you the details and inform General Harrison.

~Zafrin~

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 12 Jul 2012 17:44 by Kelly (Kelly).
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
12 Jul 2012 12:34 #4 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic War Has Begun!
Friends,

With the mounting war effort, I am sure that General Harrison will not happen upon your missives here. Please remember to send him a post to his tent, else your actions may not be properly cataloged, which will cause confusion in the war planning over the next critical days.

Again, please remember to not clutter this important missive but to send your correspondents via private post to General Harrison.

For King and Country!
Squire Lucas R. Brand

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
12 Jul 2012 14:19 - 13 Jul 2012 10:54 #5 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic War Has Begun!
[strike]You insult the Count and a General of the King's army Odo. You openly speak of a code of honor, and enax in the same breath, while speaking of compassion. You should respect your betters and know your place. Do not presume to lecture me on war. I've been in wars plenty of times with your "people."

Last I checked enax was all about authority, tyranny, and war. You disrespect all aspects of these, while toeing the line of treason. I imagine a "good enaxian" would fall in line and respect their leaders. So, you are either with us and disrespecting those who are your betters, betraying your own race, and offending your god, or you are against us.

[/strike]I stand with my King and Country, and will not hesitate to cut down any of those who do not. [strike]Explaining these things to goblinoids is a waste of time and I will not lower myself again to their level, this is my last word on the matter.[/strike]

May the True Gods protect us and watch over us in our time of need.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
Last edit: 13 Jul 2012 10:54 by Atrus (Atrus).
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
12 Jul 2012 15:34 #6 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic War Has Begun!
Howdy,

I don't know about what the armies of New Gaaldron use to grease their wheels, though I'll take the word of the Count on that.

There are a few things that I do know and think bear mentionin'.

Not a month ago I had to stick my sword through the ribs of the smith that helped me get my armor ready the first time I came to Travance. Old Silas, the man that owed me two silver and a plow? I had to cut his legs and arms off. I'm right sure that each and every person that was in Travance last moon have tales like mine.

When heroes come to Travance they know they are doin' dangerous things and get ready for it. But this plague that New Gaalderon created didn't go after the masterful warriors, the great mages, or cunning scouts. It went after people that just wanted to live their lives in peace, turnin' them into weapons. Travance can't let this stand. All of people that would bring Kormyre down have to be shown that if they plant the seeds of death among innocents that they'll reap bitter fruit. Otherwise regular people'll have to deal with whatever horrors our enemies come up with.

I'm pinned down in Alisandria dealing with leftover infected and a small bit of undead so I can't stand with you and I'm sorry for that.

I ain't a noble so I can't order anyone to do anything. I can only ask this of those that I see as my friends, my brothers, and my sisters.

Give 'em heck!

And don't worry about savin' any for me when I get there in August.

Bartholomew "Bat" Cooper

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 Jul 2012 16:14 #7 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic War Has Begun!
Atrus - I beg you to consider your words, as in my almost 6 years in Travance Odo has been as loyal a subject as the Baron requires. Authority does not equate to treason. While it is true I have fought, and killed, many whose skins were green, the enemy I have fought most frequently and in greatest numbers are what we call "human beings."

His Grace, Count Winterdark, and the King's General Joshua Harrison, are capable of deciding when their honor has been impugned.

Odo, will as you, Atrus, will stand for Travance in the battles to come and I would be comfortable with either of you at my back in a fight.

We do not have to look for enemies, as our true foes will be sufficient.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
12 Jul 2012 19:29 - 12 Jul 2012 19:46 #8 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic War Has Begun!
General Harrison and Count Everest,

All the resources of the Enaxian Church of Korymire are at your disposal.

In service to Korymire,
Bishop Emar Dark-Root of Enax

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 12 Jul 2012 19:46 by Clove (Mark).
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
12 Jul 2012 19:38 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic War Has Begun!
Removed, Bishop. I am sorry I allowed myself to be tactless.

-Odo

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
12 Jul 2012 20:57 - 12 Jul 2012 20:58 #10 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic War Has Begun!
Thanks and kind regards for the warning.

While I am small in dignity in Travance, I will do what I can under the direction of the Master of Arms. And, I will likely remain behind to do what can be done in Kaladonia.

Kuo Kun
Last edit: 12 Jul 2012 20:58 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
13 Jul 2012 00:37 #11 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic War Has Begun!
Subjects of Travance,

I understand that tempers can run very high in times of war, however we would do better not to misplace the passionate feelings we have and put it to use on the battlefield.

Working as Acting Magistrate I will ask that these matters be persued no further by these means; the question of loyalties will come to the surface soon enough and anyone found to be treasonous will be punished acordingly by the proper authorites of the Barony.

I respectfully ask the Lords to put their seals to this message in an effort to focus the attention of all the lands to the matter at hand, such as lending themselves to the Sheriff/Captain of the guard, building reinforcements, running supplies just to name a few instead of these meaningless squables...

with respects...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
14 Jul 2012 20:29 - 14 Jul 2012 20:31 #12 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic War Has Begun!
The time has come to put thoughts to action. I have received and read your missives. Each one of you who volunteered your service will be sent your orders by nights end. Carry them out with haste and precision.

For King and Country,
General Joshua Harrison
Loez Royal Guard

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 14 Jul 2012 20:31 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
15 Jul 2012 22:01 #13 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic War Has Begun!
Fellow citizens of the Proper,

It seems I have missed quite a bit in my absence, and as a healer and mage, I apologize to all of you that could have benefited from my services. I vow to stay clear from the danger no longer, and look forward to serving with all of you in the battle to come. It is difficult for me to imagine I will be coming home to war at my door step. Though heart ache and death have always seemed to surround me, it is quite different when they directly target the men and women who have done nothing but ensure my well being since I have known them. My power, and my life are at your disposal. All I ask is that you utilize them wisely. I am not quite ready to give in to the cold, endless sleep.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds