Helping Hands - What you can do to help the Effort

• GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
12 Jul 2012 18:57 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Helping Hands - What you can do to help the Effort was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Imagine the following - your home has just been attacked, and you and your family lay wounded. The guard has arrived and beaten the attackers, but your family will die without help.

As you watch, a physician that has accompanied the guard begins helping your family... one at a time. There are no Healers, no Priests, who can reach you in time, and this one man can only work so fast.

I have personally been in this situation. In fact, I was one of they dying ones being tended to. Doctor Maxwell was the physician, but he had an advantage - Brother Kwidlar was trained as an assistant to help others, and was able to lend his hands to the good doctor, allowing him to work twice as fast.

If you cannot swing a sword, cannot cast a spell or prayer, or even if you can... being trained to help other people as an assistant can save lives, produce alchemy and armaments more quickly, and aid both the war effort and the community you live in. I strongly urge everyone to spend the time to study this valuable skill, no matter who you are or what you are capable of.

I will be holding a lesson in the Dragon's Claw Inn at noon of the Baronial Feast on this topic - I encourage all who can learn to attend.

In service to the King, the Count, and the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan), Maralas (adamdrew3), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
13 Jul 2012 13:26 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Helping Hands - What you can do to help the Effort
If anyone needs an assistant immediately, my services are available. That will probably be my best way to contribute to the war effort.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
13 Jul 2012 20:37 #3 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Helping Hands - What you can do to help the Effort
Another skill that people should learn in the chance that there are no people with healing abilities or physicians around would be to learn how to preform first aid. If there is no one else to help, this would save lives.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds