The Battle is Over

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Aug 2012 11:19 - 03 Aug 2012 11:21 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
The Battle is Over was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Subjects of Travance,

While the war still rages on along the northern boarder, a major battle in Travance Proper this moon has been won thanks to your efforts! All of you will go down as heroes of this battle, and some for specific parts you played. Those of you who performed mission from the war tent played a vital role, those who researched and crafted for our soldiers, those who raided the goblinoid encampment and especially those who died in service to Travance.

The battle itself was a sight to behold. In all my time in Travance as both your Baron and your Count, never before have I seen you all fight with such cohesion and order.

With the enemy heard approaching down the path, Sir McGregor organized the shield wall, while Klieden and the archers took position atop the Dragons claw inn. Our blood boiling with the determination to protect our home, the enemy crashed upon our shield wall and the battle ensued. Just as the enemies forces looked as though they might overwhelm the line by sheer numbers, a large scale ambush organized by Lady Blackthorn and her sister Jade engaged the enemy from behind and fought through them to join our shield wall, forming a much larger more imposing battle line. Under the direction of the nobility present, you followed battle commands designed to win wars, you did this at the expense of personal fame and glory and your cooperation brought us to victory. You fought so orderly and disciplined, that the triage stations we set up in the monastery and the inn where never even used. Lord Brightstar and Sir Crestingstar with others felled the enemy general and a few waves of enemies later the Avatar of the goblin god Enax was felled as well. Crippled, the rest of the forces fell or fled.

This is but a small telling of the battle. There were far more tales to tell of it; the dominating of one of the captains, the tricking of the avatar of Enax, the infiltration of the enemy army. Those stories and many more should be heard, though I do not have the ability to tell them myself. Feel free to share your versions of the battle with each other. All of your efforts were paramount in our success and these tales deserve to be told as history.

Rest well Travance, your victory was well earned, but make no mistake many more wars and battles linger on our horizon; let us be ready for them as well!

Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark
Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 11:21 by Gallion (Gallion).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds