How safe are Your Secrets!?!

28 Aug 2012 18:40 - 28 Aug 2012 21:36 #1 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
How safe are Your Secrets!?! was created by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Do you have a secret?

Do you worry that it might fall into the hands of someone who would do you harm? Or worse, harm those you love?

It is with great pleasure that we write this letter and even greater pleasure that we offer you this balm; a method of ensuring the security of your secrets through the use of cryptography- the science of encoding messages against prying eyes- and and steganography- the art of concealing written messages from all but their intended.

Our services come at a steep price, but it is a small one to pay for the security they offer.

Basic Encipherment (25 g per document): offering security for the masses, while this form of data encryption does not boast some of the more advanced security features offered by our humble business, it is fully customizable and can be tailored to serve a multitude of needs. Fear not, jealous housewife nor covetous husband will be able to crack any love letters written with this code.

Standard Encryption (55 g per document): made to baffle scholars and confound spies, this method of encipherment boasts some of the latest cryptographic security features. Favored by the clever minded and the powerful, this is our most popular form of encryption; like the Basic Encipherment, it is fully customizable and can be tailored to suit all of your needs.

Delux Encryption (100 g per document): combining the most advanced techniques the science of cryptography has to offer, this method of encipherment is favored by the most elite of Nobility looking to safeguard secrets of such potency that the mind shudders to wonder what they might contain. It would take months, if not years, for even the most advanced scholars and students of cryptography to break the codes protecting these secrets.

If you care to see if you can beat our methods, we encourage you to send our local representative, Bolton DuMourne, a personal missive. He'll supply you with a cryptographic challenge, and if you can beat it, crack its code and provide him with the proof, you will have earned yourself a free encipherment service of your choice.

If you care to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, please contact our intermediary Bolton DuMourne.

With our best wishes,

The Black Chambers

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 28 Aug 2012 21:36 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
29 Aug 2012 15:33 #2 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic How safe are Your Secrets!?!
You provide an intriguing service I must say. However the more I think on it the more something seems to bother me. Why should anyone in the town trust you with their secrets. It seems that in order to encode our secrets, you would have to know them. So what is it that a group such as yourselves would do with so many deep dark secrets?

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
29 Aug 2012 19:45 #3 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic How safe are Your Secrets!?!
While the Black Chambers has a strict non-disclosure policy, I would give you the same counsel that I would any close friend: investigate the matter with an open mind, and once you have placed everything in logical order, draw your own conclusions. If you do not know me, I invite you to come meet me, share a drink, and see first hand the sort of man that I am; if you have any questions regarding the Black Chambers and their adherence to discretion, you are more than welcome to speak with me about any of your concerns. Both I and the scholars that make up the Black Chambers would like to put our faith in our patrons and their ability to judge for themselves the seriousness with which we take our clientele's request; as an act of faith and good will on my part, if you have a request for the Black Chambers but are still concerned about the security of your secret after its encryption, I will help you seek out a psion and willingly allow them to erase the memory from my mind, provided you cover the cost for the psion's services.

On a final and very serious note, I must add that if your request falls outside the strictures of the law- for example, requestion the encryption of documents that would prove your involvement in treason, murder, or the practicing of evil arts- then in no shape or form will the Black Chambers or myself be held responsible or complicit with your actions or plans. Furthermore we shall be forced to act as any law abiding citizen would in such a scenario.

I hope this message has alleviated some of your concerns, but if by some chance I missed left something out or failed to address your something troubling you, please let me know and I will be happy to help you as best I am able.

Sincerely yours,
Bolton DuMourne

Eli
RP Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Aug 2012 20:24 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic How safe are Your Secrets!?!
Bolton, it is not your integrity or ability (both for which I have the highest regard), but rather your strength of will which is of concern. You, better than most, know that anything can be extracted from almost anyone. With so many secrets in one location, namely your head, I am not certain how safe either will be.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
30 Aug 2012 00:39 - 30 Aug 2012 01:05 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic How safe are Your Secrets!?!
You raise a good point, my friend, for in truth I hold no doubts that if a group of truly wicked malcontents wished my capture, there would be little I could do to stop them...though they would find breaking my will to be a somewhat more difficult matter.

I am happy to note though that in any case of my sudden and unwilling disappearance certain security protocols will be triggered and put into action, leaving the would be abductors with, to say the least, a very unpleasant surprise; I am a methodical man by nature and the recent times have taught me that careful planning and foresight rarely betray those who invest in them.

That being said, I will convey your very valid concerns to the Black Chambers and together we will see if we can devise a viable countermeasure to such a dangerous scenario in order to better safeguard and protect our patrons.

In the meanwhile, if you have any further inquiries or requests, you are welcome to contact me via personal missive and I will do what I can for you.

With my best,
Bolton DuMourne

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 30 Aug 2012 01:05 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds