Bloody Handed

30 Apr 2013 12:37 - 30 Apr 2013 12:55 #1 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Bloody Handed was created by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
This past feast- a time for reserved for celebration and community- I received more requests from towns members to perform sanctioned "interrogations" on detained individuals than ever before.

What you were asking me to do was torture bound and helpless victims.

There is sometimes an unfortunate need for torture, especially when the information concerns the safety of the townsfolk and the realm, but those times should be a rarity as opposed to a common practice. For the future, unless its the most dire of sanctioned circumstances, please don't disturb me with requests to put down my books and pick up the skinning knife. Heros of the common people shouldn't need to resort to torture so often.

Bolton DuMourne

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 12:55 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
The following user(s) said Thank You: LStarling (Kwildar), Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Croínamara (Jen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
30 Apr 2013 12:50 #2 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Bloody Handed
Bolton,

You are correct. I, for one, regret my part in adding to your business in that area. I can't say that I am proud of myself due to last feast, quite the opposite. No excuses, no "buts". Thank you for saying this.

By the way, Waters, expect a missive from me by the middle of the night tonight.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
30 Apr 2013 13:27 #3 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Bloody Handed
Bolton,

I heartily agree with your sentiment. Are there not more civil methodologies of extracting truth from criminals? Can we not authorize our legendarily qualified mages to simply pluck the needed information from suspects? Regardless, while violence can certainly prove an effective methodology, it has often proved costly in regards to time, citizen morale, and absolutely ruined garments.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
30 Apr 2013 13:29 #4 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Bloody Handed
Since Master DuMourne is no longer willing, I would like to offer my services. I can't vouch for the validity of any information gained through my methods, but I would be happy to torture anyone the town sees fit.

-Draknar Do'Kanen

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
30 Apr 2013 13:35 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Bloody Handed
I was going to say that you would be replaced quickly but I see someone has already filled your spot. How Delightful.
-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
30 Apr 2013 13:38 #6 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
It truly warms the cockles of my heart to see individuals so zealously eager to do what must be done.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
30 Apr 2013 13:46 #7 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Bloody Handed
Master Verrill,

Forcibly controlling someone's mind to try and extract information through alternative means is in no way more civil or morally correct than having them physically coerced into answering questions. I would go so far as to say it is in fact more dangerous since it has a veil of separation with a lack of physical evidence tied to it's usage. I am happy to speak about this at length in person if you wish.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
30 Apr 2013 13:55 - 30 Apr 2013 13:55 #8 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Sir Cypher

Ah, I see. That sounds like a fascinating discussion I'd wish to explore. I admit my perspective is somewhat biased as I once fell into the tender care of a professional (really more of a hobbyist) in the art of involuntary superfluous surgical procedure. Admittedly my time with Grok Spine-Render was lovely, apart from the prolonged agony. . . like a folksy tavern where occasionally the hammer and nails came out to play.
Oh my apologies; I seem to have caught myself rambling.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 13:55 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
30 Apr 2013 14:41 #9 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Bloody Handed
I would take this time to remind the subjects of Travance of the laws our Barony and Kingdom abide by...

None shall torture another, nor cause the insanity of another, nor control the mind, body, or emotions of another excepting with the explicit sanction of a Lord or the Baron, or if the subject be - of free and clear spirit - willing.

Whosoever breaks with this law shall be fined between ten and twenty gold pieces, one half of which the Barony will remit to the victim, and will spend from one to three months in the dungeon. If the victim of the crime is an Officer of the Barony, then the convicted will be fined between twenty and fifty gold pieces, one half of which the Barony will remit to the victim, and will spend from three to six months in the dungeon. If the victim of the crime is of noble title, then the convicted will be publicly executed, will be stripped of all belongings, and upon the decision of the Baron may be exiled or obliterated. If the convicted has broken with this law before, then the convicted will be publicly executed, will be stripped of all belongings, and upon the decision of the Baron may be exiled or obliterated.

Please note that it clearly states that only Lords or the Baroness may authorize the use of these tactics. Knights are not authoirzed to utilize such tactics.

In Her Excellency's Service,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Jack (Keeperofdice), Pappy (Quan), Josephine (mferro54), Gabrian Grottings (E.B), Annora (Karen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
30 Apr 2013 17:34 #10 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic Bloody Handed
It is a sad time when people generally speaking discus torture as if it were a sport. Harming someone because they may deserve it based on an action they have done that is unjust is one thing. But for those to be ready and willing to hurt others for information as if there were no other way.. I'm sorry, that is something i will never understand.

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
30 Apr 2013 21:16 #11 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
There is no sport in coercion-- only technique. It is something that is difficult to understand, but to explore alternate methodologies can not only save lives, but spare countless suspects and innocents alike from falling upon far more grievous harm. Torture is just... a tragically approachable methodology.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
30 Apr 2013 22:25 #12 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Bloody Handed
I consider this topic closed. If you all wish to meet while in the proper and speak of this in person, then do so.

Dame Yhatzi

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: LStarling (Kwildar)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
05 May 2013 22:45 - 05 May 2013 22:48 #13 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic Bloody Handed
Bolton,

Before last month I'd only heard your name as part of a list of valueless fools. I'm deeply amused that the moment you find yourself a use you slap your employers wrist for leveraging it. here's the big secret, son: no one truly MADE you do anything. If torture is a sin, you are a sinner in the first. Own it, and damnit take some pride in your work. Time to decide if you're a fruity idiot in a stupid hat or a sick bastard with a flaying knife. Can't have it both ways.

-WW

OOG: Alex B.
Last edit: 05 May 2013 22:48 by Alex (Wormwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), THENPC (THENPC), Moirya (Moirya), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Fortier (Greysect), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Albert (deatharcana)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
06 May 2013 02:52 #14 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Bloody Handed
Wormwood,

A knight has all ready called this topic closed. Please refrain from ignoring the word of a noble in the future.

Knight Captain Von-Ritter

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Pappy (Quan)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds