The cost of wearing the colors

• Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
19 May 2013 15:40 #1 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
The cost of wearing the colors was created by Ming Na (Ming Na)
The cost of wearing the colors of Travance can be high ...sometimes it's too high.
You know, when we fought the Goblins, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. They made a virus to wipe us out.
But we never answered the question, why? Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed, spite, jealousy. And we still visit all of our sins upon our children.
We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. Like what has happened to the people this moon, when they turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. Too often we believe that all we do is right and good. Just because we are of the light does not mean we do no harm. We claim to be heroes & Nobles….then let our actions be thus.
If we think we are always in the right, then in fact we are in the wrong.

If you think that you can just dust your hand off or wash the blood off you can’t. If that is your mind set then you are a criminal….not of Travance nor of Kormyre…but of hole of the world herself.

Hack & slash politics hurt not just one man in front of you. There is a fine line between heroism and butchery my friends. Try to dispatch, restrain, disarm and repair the issues with those you face not just kill it. Note that every enemy that flees from you is one that will hurt the people who are less skilled then yourself. We often get too wrapped up in the moment the excitement of battle. We reward & give accolades to one another for a job well done. We need to keep in mind the lesson learned this moon. If you think this issue is just going to go away by a defeated foe you are wrong. The world is growing and becoming greyer, the days of issues beating down our doors & being resolved with a few strokes of a sword are over. Are these words harsh? Yes, but don’t become deaf to them. Take a long look in the mirror meet your own gaze. We have to take responsibility for all the people that count on us. The old ways of thinking are just that old. The bitterness of the past must not stain what we build for tomorrow.

I should like to help everyone if possible. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.We all want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the world is rich and can provide for everyone.The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.Greed has poisoned men’s souls – has barricaded the world with hate; has turned us into misery and bloodshed.We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: magic that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than Magic bobbles we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. I had forgot that until master Wormwood reminded me of this.

We set the stage for a better tomorrow
Note that your actions reflect how that tomorrow will turn out
I go now to acquire resources to aid Travance in her defense from all enemy's both foreign and domestic.
Thank you for your time & consideration of these words….
Lord Na of Ostcliff

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Zathir (Clevatus), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds