Travance Fighter's Guild.

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
04 Nov 2013 10:11 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Travance Fighter's Guild. was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Hello my fellow warriors! Last event the Baroness as well as Wormwood had spoken of tactics and things we all could do in order to stay a lot more effective in battle as well as making sure that we can stay up longer. I think the warriors of Travance could come together in order to further develop our tactics as well as making it a point to teach some of the less experienced warriors can learn the skills that could save their lives. In order to do this we would need a Guild Master that would have exceptional knowledge of attacks and defensive skills as well as a few strong men under him who also have such knowledge. As well as teaching said skills, this guild would be good to teach the strongest of us fighters how to simply fight better as far as how to use their weapon to block and how to properly fight. Does this idea interest anyone?

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
04 Nov 2013 10:25 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Not in the least.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
04 Nov 2013 22:11 - 05 Nov 2013 23:37 #3 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
I don't know about a guild, or guildmaster, but a gathering of the masters of fighting styles to teach all those who have never learned the tried and true paths of combat I think would do us all well. Hopefully the skills of Liu Tusami can live on through me.

In service to Lord Aleister Tartaros,
-Philadin Ienbura

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 05 Nov 2013 23:37 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
05 Nov 2013 00:00 #4 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
If I'm reading this correctly, you want to:

A) develop and implement tactics on the battlefield
B) teach new warriors how to use their weapons and hone their skills
C) learn to fight better overall, individually and in a group

I think we have a Town Guard for this very purpose. If you have not attempted to join the Guard yet, then work on that first. If the guard won't take you, then a Warriors Guild is probably not a good idea, I wouldn't trust a group of people who have been rejected by the Guard trying to push for a Guild. If after joining the Guard and working on all three of those points you've made, then revisit this in a few months.

The lands have had tactical training within their ranks in the past as well. Join a land and work on a smaller group first, show that this sort of idea has merit. Right now, I see no need for it. I know you Northerners are quite new here, perhaps you should explore all the possibilities Travance already offers.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
05 Nov 2013 11:24 #5 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
Replied by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Please pardon my intrusion into this conversation seeing as how I'm very new to the Travance area, but I do believe Mr. Dimms has a good idea... even if he's a dishonorable body desecrating head stealing man. Seeing as how I am new, I'm still learning of your towns guard and their workings and if it would be wise to join, or attempt to join, if I'm not sure they can be trusted. I'm only speaking of personal experience of course and mean no disrespect to any guardsmen/woman. To also address the joining of lands in Travance, until I know what my sister and I have to do, I do not want to lay my allegiance anywhere if my time here will be short. Having a place to go to hone my skills while trying to figure all this out would be nice. But again, this is just the voice of a new arrival to your troubled town.

~An apprentice near a temple will recite the scriptures untaught.~

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR (jlratti)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
05 Nov 2013 11:55 #6 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
This was attempted two years ago, and was promptly disbanded under the orders of the nobility.

Signed,

Father Elric Ashby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
05 Nov 2013 12:13 #7 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
If your nobility ordered it so, who am I to question such an action. I'm sure they had everyone's best intention in mind.

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
05 Nov 2013 13:05 #8 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Relic - If you desire to learn new skills or hone those you possess, see me and I will accommodate you.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
05 Nov 2013 13:07 #9 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
Thank you kind sir. If it's not one thing I have noticed in my short time here, it's the kindness of the people.

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
05 Nov 2013 13:22 #10 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Logically, an idea which better organizes a means in which members of a community can acquire new skills (even if it only applies to the less subtle community) can for all intents and purposes only be beneficial and from my experience, the baronial guard focuses less on the concept of personal enhancement rather than protection of the barony, and a more specialized organization may be necessary. As such I approve of the idea, however, I also agree that it would be beneficial to explore the various services offered by the present organizations if only to ascertain their limitations and validate your case.

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
05 Nov 2013 15:05 #11 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
If I remember correctly, the former group in question was not an officially recognized guild, and as such, was soon disbanded after an incident. Those in Ostcliff (the guild or the land), or the Adventurers guild might be able to further advise the correct way to gain legitimacy.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Dunn Ironwill
05 Nov 2013 15:26 #12 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Relic: You hold your tongue! I took those heads to honor the beasts and men I killed in honorable combat! Those heads will be displayed wonderfully in my hut and be treated properly!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
05 Nov 2013 16:32 #13 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
So you call the act of cutting off the heads of men and putting them on display for the crows to pick at them "honoring a foe"? That is the most irreverent and disgraceful thing I have heard, and being from Faust, that says a lot. You know nothing of honor, and I would gladly teach you at the end of a sword if you continue with this habit of yours.

Signed,
Father Elric Ashby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
05 Nov 2013 16:35 #14 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
No need to raise your sword father, we can simply call upon the little lady who put this notherner in his place and ask her to do so again... or simply use some magic.

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arden (Shelby)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
05 Nov 2013 16:38 - 05 Nov 2013 19:01 #15 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:Travance Fighter's Guild.
Jack Dimms: as a Knight of the Kingdom of Koromyre, I find your conduct appalling and reprehensible, and unbecoming of the society in which you live.

You are hereby ordered to:

Turn over any trophies from your opponents to the Church of Light, that they may be properly handled by a priest of Galladel.

Cease the collecting of body parts of other sentient beings as personal trophies.

Acknowledge the reading of this letter, by responding with a single line: "I shall comply, Sir Weaveforger."

Your personal glory is grossly disrespectful to those you have fought, and has created massive complications for the rest of Travance, in the form of increased aggression from the kingdom of Valeria.

Any attempt to disobey or resist these orders shall be seen as defying the order of a Knight of Koromyre.

I await your response.

In service to the King and the Baroness,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 05 Nov 2013 19:01 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
05 Nov 2013 16:39 #16 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:Travance Fighter's Guild.
This discussion is hereby ended, with the exception of the requested response, or a member of the Nobility.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Dunn Ironwill
05 Nov 2013 17:10 #17 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
What is this world coming to when a man cannot collect trophies....... The trophies in question have mostly been handed over to I believe a Gaian priest whom I cannot remember, and the others were given a proper burial upon request of a Knight of Pend Arvin. I shall comply, but I will say this. Heads of undead, zombies, and skeletons that I collected should not count as sentient. The ogre heads I shall give up as well as the head of the Valerian soldier I felled during my time in the Inverted Tower. That is all.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
05 Nov 2013 18:08 #18 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
I'm a knight to Drega'mire, not Pendarvin and I didn't request a proper burial, but I ordered you to cease all activity of trophy collection without the express permission of a noble for each you intended to collect, an order I have been told you ignored the following day. You can respond to me privately if you believe you were wrongly seen doing that.

As you refuse to comply with Sir Weaveforger's command, you will turn yourself over to a knight or Lord upon your next arrival in Travance so we can get this matter settled once and for all.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
06 Nov 2013 11:45 - 06 Nov 2013 11:46 #19 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Travance Fighter's Guild.
Those undead were at one time living people whose souls were bound to these animated corpses through necromancy or other dark means. Those heads will also be returened to honor the men and women they once were.

Knight Captain Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 11:46 by Magnus (hippy g0th).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds