Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths

• GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
19 Nov 2013 12:49 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
I would like to call a gathering of all of the Blacksmiths in Travance, at Noon on Saturday of the December feast, in the Dragon's Claw Inn.

From here, we can coordinate our efforts for the upcoming fight against the abyssal hordes. In addition, I would like to share and discuss the new knowledge we have unearthed, so that we can best diversify our efforts and ensure all knowledge is accounted for.

If service to the King and the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
20 Nov 2013 15:16 #2 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths
I will have to meet up with the other smiths in January when I arrive. I just learned how to smith so I will have to learn as much as I can. I think this is a great idea though. Think of the masterful works we could create once we all work together!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
21 Nov 2013 03:37 - 21 Nov 2013 03:41 #3 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths
Wotcher Mister Weaveforger,

If I may - do you think it entirely a wise choice to call for this sort of gathering on a public noticeboard? An assembly of Travance's metalworkers will surely present an obvious target for our aggressors, and we have no reason to suspect that they, too, have not now taken note of your message.

If you'd be interested in pursuing an alternate course of action, I would gladly provide you with a few suggestions - albeit via a less visible mode of communication. As it stands, I have no wish to add to add my own injuries - nor those of any other craftsperson - to the ever-growing list of ailments to which our town physicians are, even now, struggling to attend.

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 21 Nov 2013 03:41 by Goggs (coryan).
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
21 Nov 2013 08:20 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths
The same argument is made again and again, regarding public requests to gather. We cannot be afraid to live in our own homes, gather in our own inns, and meet with our own students, teachers, and friends. If the purpose of the meeting were military or covert in nature, maybe, but not this.

If something is powerful enough to attack and defeat a gathering of all of Travance's Blacksmiths while they are in the middle of the center of town, we have much, much larger problems.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
21 Nov 2013 08:57 - 21 Nov 2013 08:57 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths
Also, do we really have our enemies wandering around the Dragon's Claw Inn checking our board that regularly? And if so, how are we not noticing them?

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 21 Nov 2013 08:57 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
21 Nov 2013 10:49 #6 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Gathering and Coordination of the Blacksmiths
We should be vigilant of any of our own who has embraced Xualla as their Lord. Expect that these traitors will reveal themselves to defend the demon scum invading our fair lands. If not this moon, maybe next, they will be rooted out and receive their just punishments.

In the meantime, we should assume that Xualla has access to the messages posted here and act accordingly.

The Mage's Guild stands ready to defend the Barony, the Kingdom and our world against Xualla and his minions.

For Travance!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds