The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy

• Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
06 Dec 2013 12:03 #1 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
This statement has been reviewed and approved by Bishop Chance and Templar Rayven.

As I am sure everyone knows the King has suspended the Law that states that it is forbidden for someone to follow the Dark Gods. This was done due to the valor that the Dark Clergy showed against the threat that almost ended the world.

Since this has happened the Light Church has, I would imagine like most of you, been reeling from everything that has happened. We have been trying to help the people as much as we can, verify that those who have been reported as dead are, in fact, dead, and so forth. But, it has come to our attention that we should weigh in on Dark Clergy.

It can be summed up in one sentence.

We stand behind the King's Laws.

To explain further. The King has granted people the right to cast Dark prayers and worship the Dark Gods and we will respect that right. The King has not granted anyone the right to murder, torture, or anything else that was against the law before. We respect those laws as well.

We have been told that the Dark Clergy will not break any laws and we will take them at their word until we find out otherwise. However, if they break any of the other laws they will be punished to the full extent of the law.

Lastly, because the commandments of the Dark Gods to their followers in many cases requires them to violate the laws of the Barony the Light Church will urge that the laws be changed to add followers of the Dark Gods to the list of groups that must identify themselves and undergo monthly confessions.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
06 Dec 2013 13:02 #2 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Replied by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar) on topic Re:The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
So the Church now embraces heresy. The Templars reject the teachings of their orders.

When did we throw away the teachings of our ancestors and the gods themselves to embrace such madness?

The very bastion of the light now embraces darkness? This is beyond madness. This is blasphemy and heresy of the highest order.

I will pray for you and your judgement when you ultimately return to Galladell. I will pray that he does not find you wanting.

Your servant,
Colin McKraegar
Order of the White Fox

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff)
06 Dec 2013 13:39 #3 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Dearest Sir McKraeger,

So a Paladin now embraces anarchy. The Knights now reject the laws of their king.

I don't know if you fully understand the situation, but a god of light herself said to promote the Balance. Let me repeat this, no matter what you think you believe, no matter what you were taught, no matter how you feel, it's irrelevant. A GOD OF LIGHT promotes what we are doing here. You are acting against the forces and will of light. You are a good and righteous person, do not fall into the same bed as Billiam in the events to come.

The bastion of light does not embrace darkness. It is a matter of survival not madness, and to say the word of god is blasphemy is akin to Haroldson telling an Archangel of Judgment from Valos that he is wrong. You are better than this, you are a Paladin. Stand up for your king and country, and set an example. I wish for peace between us, but you know nothing of my God, of me as a person, and of my loyalty to your crown.

To the Church of Light and the Baroness,

The heart of the king's laws is peaceful balance and co-existence not only between the churches of darkness but of any race and creed. The Church of light requests that Clergy of Darkness be questioned as per the unjust and irrelevant laws indicating that Dark Elves, Nyads, and Wild Mages be interrogated because they are intrinsically evil.

I assure you, that over the years the Wild Mage and Dark Elf Community has taken years to prove their loyalty to Travance. This prejudice must stop. All men are equal under the banner of the new pact of the gods. How can the Church of Light use laws which I have personally seen them fight tooth and nail to remove, to try to subjugate another group of people to fit a political agenda. This is the true madness.

I counter challenge the Church of Light in inquisition. If you have the right to invade in the privacy of the holy rite of confession between me any my parishioners, then I have the right to do the same. You can say that you have nothing to hide, but is that true? Those who come to you in service of faith to confess their sins and try to repent. This knowledge will belong to us, no different than the prior short comings of those in worship who have sinned in the past have been alleviated. An Agauran who tortured a man in the old world, who has come to agree to civilized life is exempt. Looking into those dark corridors of previous actions prior to this new age will only exacerbate the situation and cause more prejudice to grow.

To Rayven, Bat Cooper, and Aldric,

You are paragons of light and your faith. I have known you, fought beside some of you, and even have been saved by you or saved you in prior times. I have never once caused you pain or suffering, I have never once directed my ire at you because you of all people believe in Justice and Equality. You are the faces of the Church of Light.

Before I donned the garb of the Raven you trusted me. I trust you. People like you are the holders' of the pact, People like you are going to decide how the town at large act in the face of the upcoming violence. I have been asked to reign in my followers' and enforce brutal sanctions on those within the Church of Darkness causing conflict. I cannot abide by this within current laws.

I challenge you in the short term. Deal with Billium and those who are treasonous attempting to undermine the Kings' Law before this pact is over before it even begins. He openly declared murder in public, and openly flaunted complete disregard for the laws of this king and country.

When I have been given the authority by the Baroness to go above the current legal methods of dealing with those who I know are Dark and working against the pact then I will do so; Within the current standards of the law I can do nothing to stop followers of Dark Churches but cut them down in the most Agauran fashion imaginable to prove my loyalty when they finally strike.

Father Razael Seiryn

OOG: Daniel Osmun
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
06 Dec 2013 16:08 #4 by geezer (geezer)
His Majesty has decreed that it is no longer forbidden for someone to follow the Dark Gods. There is no granting them the right to employ the "gifts" of their gods. The Church should not allow the use of their Dark prayers, the Paladins cannot.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel)
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
06 Dec 2013 16:23 - 06 Dec 2013 16:34 #5 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
And yet Edwin, they did nothing to prevent them from doing just that whilst Xualla walked the earth. You know me, I am no advocate for darkness. But is it not petty to immediately discard and turn on them the moment that the immediate perceived threat is dealt with? The Gods have willed for Balance. It is our duty to strive for this.

I will not bandy words with anyone. I have too much preparation left to finish for my campaign with my fellow Celts, Dwarves and Northmen to retake the Highlands, Calisvorn and the North. May the Gods be with us all.

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 16:34 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
06 Dec 2013 16:23 - 06 Dec 2013 16:24 #6 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
I believe that only the law allowing the worship of Dark Gods is suspended. The law that forbids the use of prayers or rituals of Dark Gods or demonic entities is in effect. Therefore any dark clergy, unless a suspension was placed on that law very recently, using dark prayers will face the penalties of that law. Obviously, Necromancy is still illegal as it damages the Weave which keeps us alive.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 16:24 by Lathiel (Lathiel).
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
06 Dec 2013 17:32 #7 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
I fail to see the tactical advantage of suspending a law that would have no impact on a fight while not suspending a law that would have a decidedly very strong impact in a fight. Perhaps I'm not understanding the full context of what is going on.

What would the point be at saying: "It is fine to worship dark gods. So now you may feel free to fight along side us and defend yourself as you would have anyway regardless of the god you followed."

As opposed to: "Please we are on the brink of total annihilation, use your full potential and the gifts that those on high have graced you with to ensure our continued mutual survival."

So the point we have now reached are three options of what is going on before us.

1. The worship of dark gods and prayers is suspended.

2. The worship of dark gods is suspended. Calling upon dark metaphysical abilities was suspended at the time and now people are filled with the moral strife that the ends did not justify the means. (And many subjects of Travance should be immediately executed.)

3. The worship if dark gods is suspended and utilizing dark metaphysical abilities was never suspended. (And many subjects of Travance should be immediately executed).

While points 2 and 3 may seem similar, they are indeed quite different.

Can someone please clarify this for me so that I may correctly fulfill the will of our King.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem)
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
06 Dec 2013 17:51 #8 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
To me at least, it sounds like the third option is the current situation because if you go to the laws written down in the Baronial Library, the law forbidding worship has a note under it stating its suspension but there is no similar note under the illegality of the use of prayers and rituals of dark gods and demonic beings, thus denoting no change or suspension of that law. I believe that is the situation as it stands unless anyone has proof otherwise.

Paladin of the White Fox

OOG - Nick B.
06 Dec 2013 17:56 #9 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
With All Due Respect,

I'd like to simply chime in and state, from a theological perspective, that prayers are an observance of their Gods and by extension are a form of worship, thus placing it under the purview of the recently suspended law.

With humble opinion,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Lathiel
06 Dec 2013 18:03 #10 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
I think by prayers, the law is pertaining to the use of prayers that have a perceivable effect on another person. Certainly, the words are a type of worship, but any attempt to use a harmful prayer on another person will result in a punishment under the law pertaining to prayers and rituals rather than assault. But I am still marveled at the number of people seeming to defend the right of dark worshipers to roam free without worry.

Paladin of the White Fox

OOG - Nick B.
06 Dec 2013 18:09 #11 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Sir,
With all due respect, you seem to have a degree of bias in regard to this issue. Of course harmful effects onto others is still illegal, but what about in cases of self defense and defending the town? I stand for pragmatism and freedom of expression.

With respect and concern,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Lathiel
06 Dec 2013 18:16 - 08 Dec 2013 00:44 #12 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
I don't believe I am biased in this situation. Self defense is a given to most crimes and trust me, if I knew of a case which involved self-defense to be purely accurate, the defender in such a situation would not be subject to the consequences. Self-defense is a situation which is essentially one of the few justifiable reasons to not be convicted

Paladin of the White Fox

OOG - Nick B.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 00:44 by Lathiel (Lathiel).
06 Dec 2013 18:23 #13 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
Child Razael,

I do not use the terms father and brother lightly as they are terms that command respect and your actions bating all three of my brothers does not command that.

The Wild Mage community has taken years to gain the trust of Travance but we still are expected to attend a confession every feast even if we were Tortured Souls or Templars. We continue to confess to prove that we want to be apart of the community of Travance. Because we abide by the laws of Travance and the Laws of the King.

My dearest Brother Colin, The Church of Light does not want a blood bath of citizens. I have never believed in the murder of dark clergy on the base of their faith, because beliefs can be changed through peaceful measures. And I will always look for a peaceful solution before breaking the law of Gaia and murdering someone. BUT believe me, IF a member of Dark Clergy breaks the law by following their tenants of their god – murder, torture, necromancy or corruption- the Church of Light will follow Valos’s and the Kings Law.

Do not look at our stance as passive or weak. We are tending to flocks who are broken, beaten and have seen more death in the past months then many of us have seen in our lifetimes. Home lands have been wiped off the map and families are broken. Travance is accepting refugees at an alarming rate and now is not the time to fight among ourselves. Now is the time for us to band together to welcome weary travelers and help them get their lives together. Travance is strong. Some of the strongest people I have ever known have been here. We have encountered a number of unspeakable evils that not even the Gods of Dark knew what to do with.

Child Razel, I accept your challenge of inquisition. I have nothing to hide from you, my brothers, or my Goddess. But know I expect you to take a confession either right before or right after, with the questions of my choice.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
06 Dec 2013 18:37 #14 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
Not to overstep the bounds of nobility,

I know for a fact using prayers has been legal. Whether or not it will continue to be so in the coming months is apt to change. Ultimately, when the law is redacted, I strongly believe that there will be a cease and desist order given to those who are practicing and preaching during the time that the law is enabled. Effectively, in a time in which and if which the King decides to re-enact the laws of the land banning the worship of dark gods then I will simply stop dispensing the prayers of Agaura, and cease acting in worship within Travance proper as I have always done, and as I will continue to do regardless of the situation.

The way you choose to live your life, has nothing to do with the baptism you receive. A Valosian's will to serve justice, does not define him as a Valosian, but only a just person. The pride an Agauran takes in slaughtering an enemy, is not illegal unless it is done explicitly for the purpose of paying homage to Agaura. I will continue being the person I am and nothing will change.

In the event that the King does indeed ban the worship of Agaura again, then I will put down the mantle of priest once more in the proper in service of King and Country. Until that day though, I will use the short window of time that I have to voice that the Church of Darkness can be beneficial to these lands. If we do permit balance in this world, and if we can prove that we can exist under this pact peacefully then there is no reason for the King not to honor our request for religious freedom.

It is up to the town itself, and the society itself to make a decision:

1) Go back to the old way things were, forgive those who came forward during the period of legality, then reinstate the laws. Give people the option to change their behaviors, then observe as the Barony does high risk targets.

2) Keep things as they are, by petitioning the King to keep things as they are now. This is on the people of the town to step up and enforce the Balance. People need to decide, if the words of the Gods themselves are worth fighting for on both ends.

3) The town tries to execute the people who practiced freely during the short period of time it was available. All out war breaks out. People die. End of discussion. You cannot ask someone to fight by your side for the sole purpose of stabbing them in the back to kill two birds with one stone later.

Father Razael Seiryn

• Lathiel
06 Dec 2013 18:55 #15 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
My reaction to your rebuttal will vary depending upon what you specifically mean by prayers. Do you relate prayers to the worship of gods or do you mention prayers in reference to rotting someone's tongue out?

Paladin of the White Fox

OOG - Nick B.
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
06 Dec 2013 19:47 #16 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
I believe what the good father was referring to the divine spells we used in our capacity to combat the infernal legions,i suppose i must feel sorry for the poor demons since for the sake of an arguement that they are now "people" when i rotted and shattered their limbs or severed their mortal coils to keep travancian casualties down

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
06 Dec 2013 20:58 #17 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Once again I see nothing but petty people arguing over Gods and all I can do is chuckle. You see this is what keeps Travance as a town completely vulnerable to the attacks of whoever the hell wishes to come in and put the boot to our arses. We are at each others throats over who someone else can worship and who they can't. Just like how mages can practice their ways, but I can't take heads as trophies. You see the Dark worshipers see the Light as bad and vice versa. Just as some of the more "civilized" people in town see me as a monster for wanting my trophies. All of you should pray to whatever god you chose that you wake up each morning and that the rest of the day has glory to offer you, not caring what others are doing. Live for yourself, protect those you care for, take many trophies.

Signed With Honor,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
07 Dec 2013 03:03 - 07 Dec 2013 03:04 #18 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
To the new arrivals offering opinions of faith,

I need to restate that I have nothing but respect for the clergy of light. I have absolutely no reason to dislike them in any fashion. I've mentioned this several times, but what it comes down to is: You are either incapable of existing within a civilized society or you are not. Those who are incapable of living within the social contracts of Travance deserve whatever punishment that Justice would allow. Those who are capable of living within the confines of the social contract and are able to support Travance should do so.

I have posted my belief in Agaura elsewhere and how my father taught me to worship for those who haven't examined it, I suggest you do to understand the Church that I represent. The new world and new times seek new ways of worship. The gods have changed their way of doing things, they have made this extremely clear with their presence as of late. Just understand, that I will not sit by and allow those who wish only for the same rights as any other person in this nation to be beaten down or murdered because life was no so fortunate as to hand them a loving Andorran family.

People are prepared to fight and defend themselves, but now I have been selected to speak for the voiceless. There are countless parishioners whom come to me in disguises or send me missives sharing opinions and stories to be shared with the world, that they might be understood. I go so far as to direct people to approach me anonymously in the event that I confessed or tortured that I am unable to betray those who have instilled their hopes of freedom in my dream.

Right now, the primary concern of all those in my care:

What guarantee of safety do we have when the ban on dark worship is reinstated that this will not end in another witch hunt?

If Travance decides to use the blessings and the lives of the Dark Gods' and followers to defeat Xualla, and are discarded or hunted immediately afterwards I can only imagine it will end in all out war. It will be another Apollo on an even larger scale. We are all working to prevent this from happening.

All I know is, if people are persecuted, hunted, or murdered in retribution for this period of Armistice, Contemplation, and Discussion of Morality on either side; We will never have another situation where we can cooperate again. Then what happens next time a situation like Xualla which requires a joint effort arises?

Father Razael Seiryn

Last edit: 07 Dec 2013 03:04 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn).
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
07 Dec 2013 13:54 #19 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
The Law against the worship and preaching of the Dark gods as well as the Law against calling upon their powers have both been suspended. The casting of Dark prayers is no more dangerous than the casting of Light prayers, or Magic, or wielding a sword; provided any of these powers are not used against those protected by the Law, there is no reason to argue this. You aren't required to like it, only to accept it.

Razael, it is my belief that there is no Injustice greater than to ask for one's aid only to turn around and stab him in the back. Though I cannot say for certain that any others share this thought, I will do all in my power to ensure that no harm comes to you and all others like you, just as I would any being acting in accordance with the Law. I trust that those who are being so open have no intention of violating the Laws, and I will keep my word until this trust is broken. Do not test this.

May Valos Light your Paths.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Ib (Gannon), Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon)
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
08 Dec 2013 22:26 #20 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
I don't believe the Kings Law covered anything retroactive or even a single letter involving past crimes under his Law.

Since we are all firm about following the laws these days.

It's only fair that those who have come forward be submitted to questioning to make sure they never practiced any form of dark worship in the boarders of the kingdom until the decree was made. As this new law has only been in effect in response to the demon attacks.

However seeing as all involved are long standing members of town I'm surprised their travels every day to lands east past Ostcliff or north in to the Goblin lands went so long with out comment.

Or are we just glazing over inconvenient details like this these days?

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton), SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm), Moirya (Moirya)
11 Dec 2013 16:52 #21 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic The current stance of the Light Church of Travance in regards to Dark Clergy
To be entirely honest the whole concept of favoring light over dark never really sat too well with me in the first place. First of all, by favoring one side over the other you only end up skewing the line between what is "good" and what is "evil", rather than accept that these "light" worshipping cultists are inherently good (and reminiscent of moths) and these "dark" worshipping culitists are inherently evil, shouldn't the decision of what is "good" or "evil" be determined by the values of the individual rather then their associated choice in pointless worship.

Secondly it must be said that we are on the verge of a new world and progress can only move forward, as such working against progress could just as easily be considered working against society (or if you prefer harsher terms to descride it: sabotaging the barony) as half the things those of you who are against change have claimed these "dark" worshippers have done or rather "will" do.

Finally while the idea of agreeing with Dimms's point of view is more than a little unnerving, inevitably it really doesn't matter which delusion in the sky you immortalize, since you will all burn in atheist hell anyway, making this whole conflict relatively pointless since you're both essentially the same or at least will end up in the same place regardless of how you attempt to goad eachother into further conflict.

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
11 Dec 2013 21:32 #22 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Well. Well well well.

The ashes of our world haven't even begun to smolder out yet, and everyone's already grinding their fingers to the stump trying to pound their views and philosophies against one another like a pair of rams vying for a filly to shag. Tell me, will this stack of boorish parchment be large enough to support a collapsed roof? Will the collective hot air being spewed by anyone with a quill and a bruised ego be sufficient to breathe the life back into a demolished townstead? The answer is no, and as such this clash of viewpoints and scrutiny of written laws will leave a mark upon our society equivalent to a bladderfull of ogre's piss in the Anteries Sea.

You see, those who worship the Dark Gods within Travance? They are scum, simple as that. Up until the downfall of our would-be conqueror, they have lived their lives like scum, hiding in the gutters like scum, wearing their scum masks to deceive others, all for the sake of prostrating for their scum gods whom may or may not have decided recently to act less like scum. However, the sudden realization by our oppositely-aligned divine beings that sending their worthless patsies in droves to the meatgrinder that is Travance, and other civilizations like it may have not been the best preparation for a cataclysmic event such as this does not change the nature of their followers. The Dark Pantheon has always attracted sociopaths, murderers, and people who wish to partake in other corruptive, still-illegal power sources, and nine out of ten of these men will not simply stop this behavior because they can finally unleash their divine crutch-gifts in public. Honestly, I think it'll do you people some good to finally see things through a Dwarf's eyes, I've been restrained from slaying those whom I've perceived as enemies by your King's laws for years. And I've adapted. I've learned to play this little law-game, because I know that scum will always be scum, and it'll only be a matter of time before they screw up and reveal it.

And so, it is this adaptation that brings me to write tonight, not the simple pleasures of linguistically lambasting our newest 'neighbors'. For you see, I needn't not wait long for someone to make a false move that would allow me to show them just where they stand in my purview. It's really quite amusing that amongst all the scholarly minds, I'm the only one who happens to spy this little inconsistency, but I'm going to make sure that it works to my advantage. The guard are so busy and few of number these days, I figure that I shall take this matter upon my own hands to lessen their workload.

Since one representative of the forces of darkness seems keen on being the figurehead of this new age of change, I shall address this next line to them in particular, but I would rather like everyone to pay close heed to these words, to avoid the nasty cleanup it may entail if they simply gloss over it.

Father Seiryn, do not be so quick to hold your growing flock of misfits close. I will be coming for one of your number to bring them to justice, on time and terms of my choosing, and it will be in a manner entirely within our legal limits. Should you, or any of your number stand in my way, you fall within the jurisdiction of Collusion with Dark Forces, and will be treated accordingly.

I suggest keeping your heads down and putting your hands to more productive use around this ruined world.

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
The following user(s) said Thank You: McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
11 Dec 2013 21:59 #23 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Mr. Grumblegut,

It's good that there are hard working citizens like you are doing my job for me. You seem to misunderstand my place in this matter. If someone did something against the law, they should be tried appropriately for the level of crime they have committed. I would certainly hope you wouldn't decapitate a man for pickpocketing like many seem to be think is acceptable. I can assure you, that whomever this Agauran is, it isn't me and therefore is accountable for his own actions. Feel free to do as you please as long as your reasoning isn't worship for its sole purpose. I would rather the stupid and the suicidal be handled by natural selection. After all, we don't need people like this in the new world order.

R.S.

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds