Feast Of The Reclamation!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
16 Dec 2013 09:30 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Feast Of The Reclamation! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Feast Of The Reclamation!
Subjects of Travance! Be it known this day forth that a new day of celebration presents itself before the good people of Arawyn. Not long ago, the demons of the abyss came forth and claimed our world for their own, yet within the same breath the good people of this world stood up in defiance of all odds and took it back!

Upon this final month of the year, and every final month hereon we proclaim that upon any day of this month all peoples of the world should choose one day to hold a “Feast of the Reclamation”. Upon this day, all should feast and celebrate the remembrance of this time, and the coming together of a people to thwart the adversary of world kind.

For Travance Proper this celebration will be held on December the 21st. Below are a list of some of the events that will take place during this celebration.

Celebratory Feast
Each celebration will be hosted around a bountiful feast, provided by local farms and pastures.

Ceremony of Hope
A noble presents a feather to each who wishes to walk up and claim one. This ceremony is a symbol of humble thanks from those of high station to subjects of the kingdom. It represents a symbolic token of appreciation to those who saved the world from total destruction. The presenter in Travance Proper will be the Count of Winterdark.

Meeting about Arawyn
The Count and a hand full of scribes will sit at a table and all those who wish to join in on a meeting and discuss the state of the world around them may join in. The Count will touch on some of the things that have already been confirmed as well as field whatever questions he may be able and willing to answer. He will also ask anyone present if they have heard of the state of any places, so that he may send scouts to investigate and verify.
(OOG – “I Heard a Rumor…” This is your opportunity to possibly make a mark on KR lore! During the meeting tell the count “I heard a rumor that X” and make any statement you would like about the state of a place or people in the world. Between the festival and the January Event, I will be writing all of the detailed alterations to the world based on the demon invasion and the planes colliding. I will pour over the “I heard a rumor” writings, and if I like a particular one, I may use it and then write a more detailed description about it and deem it a confirmed Rumor. There is no guarantee that participation will result in your rumor being made true.)

Circle of War
The circle of war is a mystical device that allows for controlled combat to take place within. When a battle is over, all participants are ejected from the circle restored to the health, energy and status that they were at before they entered.
(OOG this will be an opportunity for players to test out some of their newer combat abilities on each other)

Bardic Contest
Maja the Rainbow will host a bardic contest. Any kind of bardic entertainment, singing, storytelling, music of any kind to commemorate the new holiday will be allowed. One need not be a professional bard to participate.

Scavenger Hunt
To represent the gathering of the components to craft the Light of Alluria, a special scavenger hunt is being run. The five original components represented by colored ornamental stones have been hidden in special locations throughout the land. A riddle can be gotten from the count that can reveal one of these locations. You must declare a team of five to get a riddle. After an item has been reclaimed, another riddle may be asked for. The first team to retrieve all five components will receive the prize. Riddles will not be handed out to those who ask until noon.

The Cleansing Pyre (Burning the demons to prevent plague)
Demons from all over are being piled high and burned, to prevent plague from setting in. For this year real demons are being burned. In future years and in areas with no demon corpses it can be represented with simple bonfires. During this burning a symbolic feather is passed around the fire and those who wish to may state something they wish to proclaim appreciation for.

Absinthe
The Count has commissioned from the Black Orchid Merchant Company, a new absinthe that has been crafted for this celebration. Named the Reclamation Elixir, this special treat will be available at the Travance Proper Festival of Reclamation.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Casandra (Casandra), Dorn (Aradiel), JTinney (Swordsaint), Kadin D (Katie D), Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff), Narcis (ChrisR), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Arden (Shelby), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds