Adventuring Group Wanted

12 Feb 2014 15:37 - 12 Feb 2014 15:39 #1 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
Adventuring Group Wanted was created by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
Hello everyone, My name is Lidius Goodbarrel, earlier today I had an idea. It was as follows "in the dangerous world that we now live in, it would be quite nice to have a group of allies that you could rely on to stick with you through thick and thin". So I propose something new, an adventuring affiliates group if you will. It would be a small, most likely only eight to fifteen people. And they would have to be of lesser season, but we would be strong enough to deal with this new world. If you are interested in joining, please post below. Put down your name, profession, and why you wish be apart of this group. And if you wish you could put down an idea for the name of the group. Just for reference on what to put down, I am Lidius Goodbarrel, I am a Mage, and I think that having a group of people you could rely on would be helpful. Goblins need not apply.

Signed Lidius Goodbarrel

OOG: Nathan Alexander
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 15:39 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel).
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
12 Feb 2014 16:09 #2 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
I simply must ask why you don't want goblins to apply. In my experience, it is the person, not the race, that determines someone's worth. Their actions, and not their features, show whether someone is trustworthy.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
12 Feb 2014 16:10 #3 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
Master Goodbarrel,
You may wish to send a missive to Bishop Emar Darkroot. He is the Guildmaster of the Adventurer's Guild. It sounds like the organization is right up your alley.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
12 Feb 2014 16:12 - 12 Feb 2014 16:17 #4 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
Replied by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
I had no idea that there was such an institution, thank you Sir Cypher, I will try to contact him. And to Father Ridigan, this is based off a certain amount of experience with goblins, they have always been a tad, evil. This is purely a personal bias,and I politely disagree with you. There may be some "good" Goblins out there, but I extremely doubt that.

Signed Lidius Goodbarrel

Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 16:17 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel).
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
12 Feb 2014 16:13 - 12 Feb 2014 16:14 #5 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
goblins need not apply? that is the one criteria? laughable. ..

OOG-there is no signature inclued. only the above words on an immaculately clean piece of parchment

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 16:14 by Zathir (Clevatus).
12 Feb 2014 16:18 - 12 Feb 2014 17:01 #6 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
Replied by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
To the person who has now laughed at my criteria... I am accepting of almost all others, anyone can apply, Except Goblins.

Signed Lidius Goodbarrel

Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 17:01 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel).
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
12 Feb 2014 17:06 - 12 Feb 2014 17:16 #7 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
Wotcher Mister Goodbarrel,

If it serves to alleviate your worries, I have it on good faith that the peculiar skin discolouration which characterises those known as "goblins" is entirely non-contagious, and you run no risk of developing the condition by spending time in their company.

Additionally (and more importantly) I should like to wish you every success with your plan to establish your own regiment of explorers. There's an awful lot we don't know about the new world, and I've no doubt that fellows such as yourself will soon prove to be invaluable!

Should you find yourself requiring any items or equipment for your travels, please make a point of cornering me at some point over the next few days. I've a number of wares and whizzbangs that might be useful to you, and would be quite happy to grant you and your companions a sizeable discount in order to help you on your way. Have you decided upon a name for your regiment yet?

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 17:16 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
12 Feb 2014 18:33 #8 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
I suppose no one needs to apply for anything. I wonder what happens if they want to, though?

-Kuo Kun
12 Feb 2014 19:42 - 12 Feb 2014 19:42 #9 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
***OOG: Not Benjamin Daimler. The message is repeated in gobinoid immediately next to the first one on the same piece of parchment. Translations are identical***

This is rather illuminating. Having attended the last 3 feasts and the war council with nothing but the intent to help, I have noticed a trend of being shrugged aside and stepped on by a very vocal section of the town. Previously, I merely attributed this abuse to an extension of the ways of New Gaaldron and Enax, Mighty be His Name, in these southern lands, the natural order of the world which sets us, most humble of the goblinoid races, at the bottom. But then you call us all "evil".

A rough log of the past few months since I left New Gaaldron:
Religious fanatics invade 3 months ago and I help mend the wounded on both sides; I get spit on and chased away from my patients. I answer the call to arms, attend the war council, and personally take a vital role in the manufacture of a potion for the fight; I get beaten and robbed for my efforts. I come to join in the revelry after the victory against the demons; I am kicked out of the inn and forced to eat in the cold. And this past feast, I bring some new travelers to town and introduce them to the seneschal; I am dragged away with a blade at my throat and thrown to the ground.

With the increase of refugees coming from the north, it is a near inevitability that more goblins will be arriving in town. I suggest you, and all those who think like you, start getting to know us instead of making terribly insulting statements about our entire race. You may disagree with our lifestyle, our customs, and our traditions, but you are going to have to get acclimated to living with us.

I am personally incredibly insulted by your words, Mr. Goodbarrel. They ring of ignorance, racism, and pointless hate. I wouldn't join your adventuring group if the Herald Of Enax, Mighty be His Name, came to me and offered ascension to hobgoblin for helping you!

That said, if you ever need medical attention, I'll be more than happy to sew you back together.

-Grobspit Snaggletooth, G.D.S.

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 19:42 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
12 Feb 2014 19:47 - 12 Feb 2014 19:47 #10 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
Because of the amount of you telling me that some Goblins are "not evil", I have changed my mind. Goblins may apply, but the rest of the group has to certify that they are indeed not evil. I did not change my opinion, i bet none of the Goblins that will apply will be nice, or just neutral. But I will give them the chance. And to Professor Goggins, thank you for your offer, we will definitely be going to you if we need gear. And we do not have a name yet.

Signed Lidius Goodbarrel

Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 19:47 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel).
  • Kuo Kun
12 Feb 2014 19:57 - 12 Feb 2014 19:57 #11 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Ah well. It gave the group character.

Not everyone can be pleased at the same time, so no need to worry any longer than.

-Kuo Kun
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 19:57 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
13 Feb 2014 00:05 #12 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
*OOG NOT Sergei*

Everyone bleeds.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
13 Feb 2014 04:03 - 13 Feb 2014 04:15 #13 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
To all,

The Adventurer's Guild, for the time being, has been merged with what is left of the Kingdom's military forces. Perhaps after a few moons there will be enough stability to go back to the old ways of the guild. If it is safety you seek I only have a few pieces of advice. Enax tells us to not only have faith in Him, but in our mortal leaders as well. Look to your Lords, Knights, and Baroness, they are your leaders for a reason and have your best interests in mind. Other then that, use the common sense of not going out at night alone, travel in group, sleep behind locked doors and in groups. Safety in numbers, security in community. If you want a small group, have it be of friends or family that you trust instead of such an impersonal scrawling on a wall.

If the guild starts back up I will make an announcement. If you wish to apply, leave your bigotry at the door. We need everyone who is willing to do their part in these trying times.

Bishop Darkroot

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 04:15 by Clove (Mark).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
13 Feb 2014 10:15 #14 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
Emar, it's good to know you're still alive and well. It's been too long, and I actually miss arguing with you about Enax. You should come back into town sometime soon.

Mr. Goodbarrel, I am a goblin. I will not be attempting to join your company because I already have many responsibilities within Drega'mire and the Proper as it is. However if you are willing, I'd like to sit down with you and talk about your feelings towards my kind. I do not share Dr. Grobspit's views of the...benevolence...of Gaaldron, or of Enax. If you have an open mind, I think you'll be quite surprised. I will be available in the vicinity of the Inn tomorrow night and Saturday night.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
13 Feb 2014 13:24 - 13 Feb 2014 13:25 #15 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
Some of my closest friends are goblins

I have met those who would be considered evil, and i have met humans who were just as bad if not worse.

Also Goggins is a god damned genius if your going to him for equipment you wont be disappointed

Knight Captain Magnus
Paladin of the order of the White Fox

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 13:25 by Magnus (hippy g0th).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
13 Feb 2014 13:38 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
Lidius Goodbarrel, I am a Master in the Mages Guild and have taught all who seek instruction. All, that is, save bigots. When you attend a meeting of the Mages' Guild, I hope you can explain yourself to those Goblins in the Guild. More to the point, I look forward to your explaining yourself to me.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
13 Feb 2014 14:05 #17 by Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
To everyone who has responded in "defense" the Goblins... I stand by my word, this is based of an extremely personal time in my life involving Goblins. I have previously stated that I will accept them, even though at this point I doubt that any of them will want to join anyways. I stand by my "bias", but I would love to be proven wrong. At this next Baronial Feast, I welcome anyone who wishes to talk to me about it. Mr.Sharpthorn, I would be open to discuss this matter with you... I guess. And like I said before, if you want to actually join instead of telling me how I am wrong, I welcome that as well...

Signed Lidius Goodbarrel

• PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
13 Feb 2014 15:08 - 13 Feb 2014 18:14 #18 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
You don't mix honey mead into your black powder, for even if it would make it a little sweeter it dilutes all effectiveness. If Mr. Goodbarrel does not wish to inhibit his ability to adventure by having to double-check his pouches every few seconds or by needing to expend manpower to drag back flee-ers after every scuffle, then why would you try to force it upon him? No tactician of sane mind would put a Greenskin within my own squad, yet none have ever tried to preach their usefulness my way. Do you think, perhaps, that the fact that this individual isn't a Dwarf means that you all think he's still "able to be saved" from his "prejudice"? I might consider that bigotry in its own way. My people have very good reason to despise the greenskins, and it looks to me from his words that Mr. Goodbarrel has one, too, yet he is doing us the good graces of not violating the law to enact his vengeance, he merely expresses wish to keep distance from those who might bring fresh memory to whatever trauma he's suffered in the past. With people dying by the droves, and countless more driven homeless, maybe it would be best if you simply respected that wish and spent your efforts in more valuable areas.

And Mr. Goodbarrel, my path does not take me into the guilds of adventurers, but should you require any service within my purview, I would see it done.

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 18:14 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
13 Feb 2014 16:19 - 13 Feb 2014 16:20 #19 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
IF THE MAN DOES NOT WANT TO KEEP FILTH FOR COMPANY THEN THE MAN DOES NOT NEED TO KEEP FILTH FOR COMPANY
HE HAS REQUESTED APPLICANTS FOR HIS PRIVATE GROUP OF ADVENTURERS NOT A DISCUSSION ON THE MORALITY OF DISTRUST IN GREENSKINS

MR GOODBARREL -
OUR SKILLS ARE ABOVE THE LEVEL YOU ARE SEEKING FOR THIS GROUP
HOWEVER IF EVER YOU ARE IN NEED OF OUR ASSISTANCE WE WILL OFFER YOU OUR AID FOR A SMALL PRICE
WE RECOMMEND YOU SEARCH AT THE NEXT FEAST FOR THOSE YOU FEEL WOULD BE A GOOD FIT AND EXTEND A PERSONAL INVITATION TO THEM
WE ARE SURE THERE ARE MANY WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED BUT HAVE NOT SEEN YOUR REQUEST FOR APPLICANTS

KKTZ

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 16:20 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Alexander (Lidius Goodbarrel)
  • Kuo Kun
13 Feb 2014 21:47 - 13 Feb 2014 21:47 #20 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Greetings again,

Oh, I'm suddenly reminded of something someone said once:

How can you tell the difference between a goblin and a dwarf?

-Kuo Kun
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 21:47 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
14 Feb 2014 12:28 - 14 Feb 2014 12:29 #21 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Adventuring Group Wanted
I will happily accompany any townsfolk on any adventures! I rather do enjoy them, myself, but as a Guard member, it feels like my duty as well. Wonderful when you can mix work and fun, yeah?

I am a Healer, by the way, but I am fairly decent with my trusty rainbow stick!

Also, just because most of a type of people were evil to you doesn't necessarily mean all of them will be. Sometimes a difficult life makes difficult folks. Life can be terribly cruel, but there are good hearts of ALL sizes out there, yet!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2014 12:29 by Swyft (agentswift).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds