Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales

17 Feb 2014 18:45 - 17 Feb 2014 18:56 #1 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
A good day to all who are reading this-

My name is Illyrin Soral, and I have recently arrived in Travance so that I might bear witness more of the wonders and mysteries of Arawyn. Over the course of mere days, I found first-hand that this land most certainly has an ample supply of both. Ancient magicks that whisk people to places far-away, arcane blades that choose the one who wields them (and, I have been informed, must not ever be wielded by any who are too mighty), the dark and ominous Inverted Tower, the unimaginable awe of witnessing the Great Rift, and the convening of a great many heroes of no small repute. All this, and I have been informed that these things are merely business as per usual in these lands.

And so I ask of you - heroes, citizenry and fellow sojourners alike - please share with me (and all of those who read from these postings) stories of the wonders and mysteries that you have witnessed in Travance, for I am made sure that they are many.
A witness to the world -
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 18:56 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
17 Feb 2014 23:08 #2 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Greetings,

I try to avoid such things. The only thing I can think that may apply is a Demonic Altar or Forge that used to be somewhere in the woods.

I'm sure it must have been destroyed in the chaos a few months ago, though.

-Kuo Kun
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
18 Feb 2014 07:57 #3 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales
I have quite a few tales I can tell to you of not only Travance, but of my father and our tribe. If you'd be interested all you need do is missive me.

Signed,
With Honor,

Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
18 Feb 2014 23:58 #4 by Clove (Mark)
Oh yes, there are indeed many tales of "The Mighty" Jack Dimms I could recount to you. Those stories are better told then written so find me and I shall entertain you on the matter.

Daniel Taylor

OOG-Mark B
20 Feb 2014 19:02 - 20 Feb 2014 19:05 #5 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales
Kuo Kun,

Could you elaborate upon this matter? I feel I have something approaching a responsibility to see the horrors of Arawyn as equally as the wonders. I would be a poor student of the world were I to ignore half of it.

Jack Dimms,

The missive is sent.

Daniel Taylor,

I shall endeavor to find you on the week's-end of the next feast.

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Last edit: 20 Feb 2014 19:05 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
21 Feb 2014 19:18 - 21 Feb 2014 19:20 #6 by Croínamara (Jen)
Once upon a time Jonas Kane and Lord Tartaros got drunk and wrestled.

Jonas might have tried to strangle Aleister with his pony tail, but Aleister cracked Jonas in the face with his own face, knocking them both off balance.
Lady Cassandra threw grapes at them.
In the end, It is rumored that Jonas threw the fight because he didn't want to embarrass a Lord in front of his subjects. However, Aleister was far less inebriated, as it is rumored that Jona's Kane's locks are so saturated with alcohol from bar tending, that it absorbs directly into his brain causing him to never actually sober.

The end.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 19:20 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra), Zathir (Clevatus)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
24 Feb 2014 17:39 #7 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales
Croinamara, you also forgot the time when the Count wrestled a troll in the mud during the New Gaalderon invasion.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
24 Feb 2014 18:12 #8 by Croínamara (Jen)
I remember that! Pouring rain, lightening, thunder. Everyone and everything was waterlogged... specifically the Count's trousers which almost fell down when we raided that goblin encampment. Thankfully, they didn't, and I gave him my scarf to use as a belt.

He then proceeded to head lock, tackle, and mud wrestle a troll, yes.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel)
26 Feb 2014 00:47 #9 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales
To the inquisitive Soral,

Several months ago a multi-planar gate to the Abyss opened a stones throw from the Dragons Claw Inn. If you wish to know more of this incident send me a private missive as my experience with said gate, while granting me and all those involved untold academic insight, proves to be one of the more traumatic tales in the lengthy codex of traumatic tales that has been my time in Travance.

In Prudence and Fortitude,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
28 Feb 2014 00:45 #10 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Wanted: Tales of wonders found in Travance and surrounding locales
***OOG, NOT Sergei***

One man's wonders are another man's horror. 'Ware, lest you find yourself inundated with both.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.549 seconds