My battle ends

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
08 May 2014 00:10 #31 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic My battle ends
With so many possibilities visible to you, I'm sure that you can see the possibility that he will succeed.

Thank you for your concern, Wormwood.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
08 May 2014 00:17 #32 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic My battle ends
From what I understand, the incident with Dominic has already been looked into, Squire Piper. My only advice to him is simple, and that is to remember a phrase of the northmen that we often use, when we have erred.

"I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it"

We all make mistakes, we're all learning, like Lord Tartaros said. That is what living is about.

In a way, I envy you, Dominic Strong. You can choose to set down the sword. Some cannot, for reasons of destiny or wyrd. I only ask that if this is what you intend, you should fully understand the consequences of it. We are forged, like swords, and the impulse to fight is not an easy one to put aside.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
08 May 2014 00:57 #33 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic My battle ends
(OOG: Writing is rushed)

Kanas, bite your tongue! You are still a "pup" yourself!

I know well that Dominic has been fighting for Travance much longer than you have both as a soldier and a witch hunter, so I am sure he is far more aware of how the "meat tastes" than you do!

If Dominic so chooses to take up a vow of passivity, let him be!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 May 2014 00:59 - 08 May 2014 01:03 #34 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic My battle ends
Kanas.
My fiance is right in this matter. You and I are talking the next moon you are in town.
This is not an order coming from me as a squire.
This is not a request.
We are talking Selendrian to Selendrian.

-Caelvan Renaith

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 08 May 2014 01:03 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 May 2014 01:00 - 08 May 2014 01:02 #35 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic My battle ends
Lord Tartaros,

Unlike him, however, I know when to bite my tongue, even if it means biting it clear off.

This must be what true subordinance feels like.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 08 May 2014 01:02 by Narcis (ChrisR).
08 May 2014 01:21 #36 by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo)
Replied by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo) on topic My battle ends
I for one think his decision is a breath of fresh air that some in Travance may need.
Too many people kill first and ask questions later.
Maybe some could benefit from Dominic's new set of morals. Maybe there would be a little less bloodshed.

Signed,

Akira Saralonde
Treasurer of Ostcliff
OOG: Kaitlyn Bober
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
08 May 2014 06:42 - 08 May 2014 07:24 #37 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic My battle ends
(OOG: The handwriting appears rushed)

Caelvan and Keavy,

Did I say I was against Dominic? Did I say that his decision is wrong? No, I said that if you don't know his plight, you have no right to disapprove of his decisions. That's what it means.
I am a pup. I am unexperienced and I have known that for a long time. But for you to go and pick me up by the nape of my neck for expressing my own opinion, then this has confirmed something very important.
I look forward to the day where my words are not hopelessly turned against me.

-Kanas

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 08 May 2014 07:24 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf).
08 May 2014 07:14 #38 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic My battle ends
I am wondering why this hath drawn so much comment? Dominic hath announced that he is taking stock of himself and re-purposing his life. That is no one's business but his own. He is announcing such to explain to others what they may observe in his actions. He doth not need anyone's approval for a decision within the bounds of Law.

Dominic, we hath spoken of thine situation and reading the rest of the missives here I see we barely scratched the surface. I willst be honored to speak with thee at length again, perhaps some measure of solace I canst help thee achieve.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
08 May 2014 08:20 #39 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic My battle ends
Dominic,

As one who has long walked a path of no killing and controlled violence, I would be happy to talk with you about how I have focused my efforts in supporting battles in that way. Seek me out at the next feast, if this would interest you.

Also, should times get tough for you, my vest remains available to comfort you.

Caldor,

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
08 May 2014 09:13 #40 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic My battle ends
If all who were guilty of such crimes, were to lay down there swords, I fear there would be none left to defend the town at all.

I Admire your Honesty Dominic Strong, your ability to look at yourself with the same harsh judgement we often place on others, is an admirable trait.

Squire Draven Erdborn

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
08 May 2014 09:32 #41 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic My battle ends
Why is it that when I decide to place restraint on myself for the unsheathing of my blade and restricting myself from battle for a more pacifistic life of words more than blood I end up sparking such problems and discontent among the people of Travance? If I may be so bold I would like to request that no more parchment and ink be used to argue upon this. I know I have no authority on this matter but I request that everyone were to please take a deep breathe and still their thoughts before continuing any arguments they may wish to. Hatred and fighting is the last thing I want to spawn from this.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
08 May 2014 10:11 - 08 May 2014 10:12 #42 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic My battle ends
I highly suggest you think of becoming a spellsinger.
It will allow you to protect yourself and those around you without a sword or offensive action.

I would also look into learning about Syrith, the dead god whose followers were known to quell battle with words.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 08 May 2014 10:12 by Croínamara (Jen).
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
08 May 2014 10:47 #43 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic My battle ends
Dominic,
Because the common hero of Travance is bloodthirsty. Years of war and constant battle with monsters hardens most hearts to any thoughts of pacifism. Nobody cares about each other any more, not even allies. We are all falling into our own personal darkness, you are courageous (if a little foolish) for trying to climb out of yours.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
08 May 2014 10:50 #44 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic My battle ends
Sometimes a lack of action is what can kill an innocent. Are you guilty of that?

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
09 May 2014 02:37 #45 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic My battle ends
Gentlemen and gentleladies of Travance... as well as those men and women who are substantially less gentle, as it were!

Let's not quibble over someone who no longer wishes to seek out violence. Travance has plenty of swords, arms, and swordarms. There is a distinct lack of armswords, though I think we should all be grateful for that. After all, who would want their feast prepared by someone with swords for arms? Sure, they could probably chop up meat and cabbages very well, but these would also be the swords that likely kill people. If they're not being cleaned properly, then you'll have blood in your chopped-up cabbage, and that's just plain disgusting. Not to mention if this armswordsman is fighting demons and has demon blood all over his arms, we could have a repeat of the whole blue-eyed-angry-peasant-folk-with-even-angrier-demon-powers again. And we don't want that, because it would cause even more circular debates that come about when Travance is faced with ethical dilemmas. You see, while we'd be talking about whether it's the right thing to kill so-and-so because such-and-such happened, the man with the armswords would be sneaking into the kitchen to prepare the feast for us. Which is awfully nice of him to do so, but we still come to the whole point about having dirty swords chopping up food. People would probably get sick because of icked-up dried blood everywhere in their cabbage'n'pork rolls (which would probably be pretty delicious if it weren't for the aforementioned blood), and then instead of having those never-ending debates about moral high grounds and who's right and innocence, we'd all be throwing up. Or worse, depending on if it's like that one time a certain Selendrian (who shall remain nameless) caught the bloody flux.
Granted, depending on your opinions, getting sick and being unable to carry on Sisyphean arguments might be a good thing! Who knows! Silver linings on every cloud and all that.

My point is, Travancians, let us all be glad that we have people who can put their swords down as opposed to those unlucky souls that have them grafted onto their arms. Because then we'd all get worms.

Sincerely,
Sindarion Sinclair

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fie! (Triminac), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
09 May 2014 08:54 #46 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic My battle ends
If I could enter in a Northmen fable.

During the wars there once was a mighty warrior, so mighty and fierce that even his name would cause fear in his enemies. His foes would cower and run, afraid to die by his blade as it was rumored that their spirit would not enter the Great Hall if slain by this man. After the wars, the man would return home, each time his family would grow more and more fearful of him. One day the Warrior returned home to find that his wife would not kiss him, and cowered in fear of him as he entered the door, his children ran right out of the hut and hid in the woods until the man had gone to bed for the night. The Warrior would swear an oath to his family and put down his sword. I hear that he became a farmer and moved his family more south to get away from the constant combat that the North is.

Dominic, we live in a land of monsters. And I am not speaking of the creatures we have faced up against, I am speaking of the people in Travance. Even I look at myself and see the true nature behind my hazel eyes and see such a terrible man. It is only recently with the help of many friends and my Elven beauty that I have started to see the light of being loved and cared for and in turn I know the feeling of having those around me to care about.

This man has decided to not become what he fears most, a bloodthirsty monster, a demon by any other name. If he announces it, then maybe he hopes many others will take this vow with him. For if we truly want to live in peace in Travance, then we must wash ourselves of the blood that stains our very souls.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
09 May 2014 13:50 #47 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic My battle ends
Sindarion, you are delightful.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
  • Fie!
  • Thank Yous: 58
09 May 2014 14:15 #48 by Fie! (Triminac)
Replied by Fie! (Triminac) on topic My battle ends
Sindarion. I love you.

Owen Piper
Admiral of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Named Successor to Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz

OOG - Josh Heeder
Marshal and Personal Quest Team
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.868 seconds