A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower

30 Apr 2014 01:26 - 30 Apr 2014 08:14 #1 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower was created by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
A good day to all who are reading this:

These past couple months, I have been assisting with the exploration of the Tower and these past couple months something strange and disconcerting has occurred each time.

At the end of our ventures, we have borne witness to a strange flash of light in the distance. It was determined by someone there that this light is demonic in nature. I am sure others who have helped explore the Tower recently can attest to this.

This is, however, not what concerns me. Were it just a demonic flash of light in the vicinity of the Tower, I would think nothing of it - the Tower being what it is. No, what concerns me is that which comes with the flash of light. Myself and several others have felt power coursing through ourselves as a result of this ominous light and this concerns me.

I am of the opinion that this is a matter that should be studied further, so that we might come to the root of it as well as learn what it might portend. I have not yet been in Travance for a long time, so I do not know who might be best suited to organize and lead such an effort, but my duty as a Chroniclerite as well as my own personal curiosity obligates that I offer my services to any who would look into this matter.

If nobody else will head such an investigation, then I shall look to start one myself, ill-qualified as I may be.

A student of the world,
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Last edit: 30 Apr 2014 08:14 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth). Reason: slight bit of retcomancy
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
30 Apr 2014 03:24 #2 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
When you say "The Tower" do you mean the Inverted Tower or another?

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
30 Apr 2014 06:07 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
He is speaking about the Inverted tower.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
30 Apr 2014 08:18 - 30 Apr 2014 08:19 #4 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
I do indeed, Croinamara.

((OOC: slight bit of retcomancy to the OP regarding how he learned about the nature of the light - I had made a mistake about how it was that I learned it IG, fixed that))

Brother Illyrin Soral
---

Archibald Blackmoore,

Last edit: 30 Apr 2014 08:19 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
30 Apr 2014 08:39 #5 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Well if the light in question is demonic in nature, I'd suggest a Witch Hunter. I know a few of them Illyrin. Send me a missive and I'll help you out. If you need a raiding party set up though, I'm your man. I've been inside the Inverted Tower and the things inside quiver when they see me.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
30 Apr 2014 09:27 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
(Not Rayven)

Your query into this flash of light is a dangerous one. For to long have I been tracking its source, only to find village, town and hamlet "cleansed" by the source. What follows in its wake is nothing but sheer corruption. Those that have accepted its "benefits" have been turned and corrupted. I have seen men and women alike turn into walking corpses or shades of their former selves in front of my very eyes. To those of you that have received this curse - tread lightly. If you come into contact with the demon, you will become my foe, albeit unwillingly. My companion and I will be in Travance next moon to purge the Inverted Tower of yours of this corruption.

May Galladel watch over you,

Dar'thenier

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
30 Apr 2014 09:46 - 30 Apr 2014 09:46 #7 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Dar'thenier, would you perhaps know more about the source of this light? Anything you could share with us would be welcome.

Such a shame that I can't be in Travance Proper for the next feast.

Brother Illyrin Soral
---

Archibald Blackmoore,

Last edit: 30 Apr 2014 09:46 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
30 Apr 2014 10:11 #8 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
I know something of demons.  Perhaps we can speak about your experience and something can be gleaned from it.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
30 Apr 2014 11:28 #9 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Please see me and or Mother Marika at the next Baronial feast regarding this matter.

Any others that have seen this, or been affected by it, I would also request your statements.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
30 Apr 2014 11:31 #10 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
I apologize, but I shall not be at this next feast. I shall, however, be at the gathering at the month's end.

Brother Illyrin Soral
---

Archibald Blackmoore,

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
30 Apr 2014 13:36 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
I do believe my student Rosta is of the ability to join on these explorations of the tower. She does need to put her new found knowledge of chaos to good use. If she is present at next feast I will make sure she joins the expedition. If you find you need the hands of a more experienced Chaos Warrior there are several in town but I am always reachable my missive or in person, assuming I am not currently assisting Sir Cypher.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Nostarion
  • Thank Yous: 9
30 Apr 2014 20:26 #12 by Nostarion (AlexG)
Replied by Nostarion (AlexG) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
As one of the people who has been present for this and was able to identify this, I will say that it is demonic and as far as I know, assisting those present. I would be willing to talk to people regarding this or do more research about it. It apparently either allows you to cause more harm to enemies or grants you more capabily to craft or cast spells.

Nostarion Hallatiri
Vassal of Pendarvin
Student of Magic

OOG: Alex G
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
30 Apr 2014 23:28 #13 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Regarding the demons, and specifically the demon causing this, I would like to request those adventurers going into the inverted tower to attempt to capture the demon in question, and bring it back to Arthur Goggins, Lt. Bat Cooper, or myself, Corporal Grimkjell Eirson. We require a living demon of some strength for a matter of some concern to the town as a whole, and it would be greatly appreciated. Consult with the witch hunters on how to catch a demon alive, and if possible, have one along with you.

Yours in Service and Honor,

Corporal Grimkjell Eirson of the Baronial Guard

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
23 May 2014 17:57 #14 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
I was unfortunately otherwise occupied these last few weeks and was unable to attend this recent feast. Are there any updates of importance on this matter?
A student of the world,
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
---

Archibald Blackmoore,

23 May 2014 18:06 #15 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Yeah. We were possessed by the demon. Remember those energies we felt every time we did something in the tower? Well they used those to "corrupt" us. The demons that did this wanted an army, and the best damn way they could was to make it so we would lose our minds and switch allegiances at their command. Here's some good news, we killed them. Their blood stains the floors of the damn tower. The bad news is that anyone who was not in the tower when they died should probably get checked by someone who knows about demons and a physician. If you have any questions send me a missive.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
23 May 2014 18:33 #16 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Well, that is unpleasant news. I don't suppose you have recommendations as to whom I should see?

Brother Illyrin Soral
---

Archibald Blackmoore,

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
23 May 2014 18:35 #17 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Dr. Darkwood would be your best bet.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
23 May 2014 18:38 #18 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Well, I'm glad someone thought to ask about it! I'll make a note to see Ilana when we're all gathered together.

Many thanks,

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
23 May 2014 19:40 - 23 May 2014 19:43 #19 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
As Kanas wrote, those of us who ventured into the Inverted Tower this recent feast found ourselves possessed by demons and forced to attack our allies. Although we were not acting as ourselves, we could remember that we attacked and tried to kill our friends.

I would strongly suggest that you seek assistance from Dr. Darkwood, a druid, or perhaps a cleric as soon as you arrive in Travance and discuss ways to cleanse or protect your mind. I will have a long memory of watching my sword cut deeply into the flesh of several people I care deeply about. I will remember their blood pooling on the ground as they fell, and I will remember the pleasure I took from their injury. I would not wish that on you. You should probably also speak with the comrades closest to you about carrying a set of manacles with them at all times. If you do find yourself so possessed, manacles may allow them to restrain you without causing injury to either you or them. In addition, remind them to take your weapons if they have the chance, to minimize any damage you might cause.

In service to Pendarvin I remain,

Faila Steelson

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 23 May 2014 19:43 by Faila (Faila).
24 May 2014 06:18 #20 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
Ah, hello, I was informed my name was brought up, so I thought I should say hello.

The short of it: I will be happy to check on anyone to ease concerns.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
24 May 2014 11:36 #21 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Re: A Worrying Matter, Concerning Demons and the Tower
As a Druid and a man of faith, I would be happy to help examine and try to treat any of you who have concerns based on your travels into the inverted tower.

I have personal experience with the horrors the tower can inflict, so I can be a comforting ear and shoulder, even if my skills are not of use.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds