Assistant Sought

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
19 May 2014 14:59 - 20 May 2014 09:52 #1 by Goggs (coryan)
Assistant Sought was created by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher,

For various reasons, I am currently seeking an assistant to help with my ongoing research.

The title "assistant" is likely somewhat misleading. I ought to clarify that I am not in search of some sort of menial drone underling, to whom I might merely delegate the more tedious parts of my profession. Quite the opposite is the case: you will have a leading role in all of our assigned projects, and I will, at all times, consider you my peer and my equal, and treat you and your ideas with the utmost reverence.

The position comes with a modest stipend, as well as access to any and all of my research texts, khemical components, and material samples. There are no fixed requirements beyond possessing an inquiring and curious mind - you do not need to have any formal academic training, nor any knowledge of the Londwynian disciplines of reason and logic. On the contrary, I am ideally seeking someone whose background is dissimilar from my own; or, put another way: is knowledgeable about things which I struggle to understand. Furthermore, training will be made available to you, should you wish to make use of it - this training can be in whichever disciplines you feel would be beneficial for your ongoing work, and while I will offer you my advice on what direction this might take, you will not be denied access to any learning you require.

I humbly request that any interested parties send a short letter to my workshop in the Auralondian Foothills, with a little about yourself and your background, and perhaps what you'd like to get out of the position. If you are unable to write, you may hire a scribe to write such a letter on my credit (provided their rates are reasonable) or instead appear in person, either at the workshop, or at the Travancian Market Fair.

Thankyou very much for your consideration - I look forward to hearing from you soon.

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 20 May 2014 09:52 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds