Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson

• Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
06 Jun 2014 23:18 #1 by Laura (Laura)
Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson was created by Laura (Laura)
By the power granted to every Bishop by the Divine Pontiff of the Church of the Light, I, Bishop Arabeth Chance of the Bishopric of Travance, formally declare Edwin Haroldson forever Excommunicated from the Church of the Light.

Edwin Haroldson, while not being cut off from the more commonly seen miracles of Valos and the Gods of Light, will be barred from pursuing training as either a Templar or Ceremonialist of Light.

Edwin Haroldson is hereby barred from preaching the word of Valos and any of the Gods of Light within the Bishopric of Travance, for he has been deemed ignorant to the true word of Valos and the Gods of Light. To that end, any person witnessing him preaching his version of the Word of Light should not take any immediate action against him, other than to gently remind him that he has been Excommunicated. Anyone witnessing his preaching should inform either myself or Templar Bat Cooper of his actions, so that the Church of Light may assess and deal with the situation.

Any questions regarding this Excommunication, or about the process and implications of the action itself, should be brought to me either by missive to my residence, or a personal, private discussion when I am in Travance Proper next.

By the Light,

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregor (Caleb), Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
07 Jun 2014 15:19 #2 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
I have know Edwin for quite a while now. In my experience, he has never spoken a falsehood to me, nor do I feel he has ever told nothing but the truth to me. Has anyone looked into this? Maybe it is only a minor confusion?

Another thing I would like to bring up, but to me I have always interpreted that belief in the Gods has been a matter of ones own understanding and meaning. People pray and believe in different ways. A man like Edwin Haroldson will always side on the side of light. I think that is something to take into effect.

Signed, With Truth.
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 Jun 2014 15:34 - 07 Jun 2014 18:44 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
This is not a matter for public debate. The Arch Bishop specifically stated "Any questions regarding this Excommunication, or about the process and implications of the action itself, should be brought to me either by missive to my residence, or a personal, private discussion when I am in Travance Proper next."

Please respect the Arch Bishop's request.

In service to the Land,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 07 Jun 2014 18:44 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • Pat
  • Thank Yous: 9
07 Jun 2014 18:24 #4 by Pat (Pjort)
Replied by Pat (Pjort) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
How curious it is that a good man like Edwin earns the ire of the church, yet the Dark Paladins and Glommites in town receive none.

-Edgar

Pat H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
07 Jun 2014 19:15 - 07 Jun 2014 19:17 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
**NOT CAELVAN**
Curious how those who have been newer to town hold this man in high regard without actually knowing his full story. I suggest talking to the archbishop before making your judgement on Haroldson. Also get to know these people you consider horrid before jumping to conclusions. Some may not be as horrible as the few zealots you have seen make them out to be.
-M

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 07 Jun 2014 19:17 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
07 Jun 2014 19:33 #6 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
Merikh,
Perhaps you know not how long Edgar has been in the town. He seems very accustomed to this place and I have seen him for many moons. He is actually one of the few people who truly knows Edwin. Edgar is of Pendarvin and I see a great mutual respect shown between Haroldson and Edgar. There are people who know Edwin more than the Archbishop, I can assure you that.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 Jun 2014 21:17 #7 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
** NOT GIDEON **

Betrayal stings more than honestly, Edgar. Besides, I don't think the dark clergy are losing any sleep over if they will be excommunicated or not from the Light church.

~Carlos

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
07 Jun 2014 22:28 #8 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
I think he sleeps as well as we do.

KKTZ

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
07 Jun 2014 22:46 #9 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Re:Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
Please direct all commentary to Bishop Chance in a private matter as requested. This decision did not come lightly and chances were given along the way.

There have been many chances to turn over a new leaf and he has burned those chances in new and ungraceful fashions. He has been towing this line since I arrived in travance, five years ago.

There is a significant amount of history you should learn both sides of. Remember because forewarned is forearmed.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
08 Jun 2014 07:44 #10 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
Replied by Muzen (Yoshimatsu) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
may Darkness find us wanting....
May Darkness find us willing....

may darkness provide us the willing & the saved....

darkness hath saved my soul......by the gods amen......

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
10 Jun 2014 07:26 #11 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
I Sir Pluvious ask that this matter no longer be discussed, This is not the place for such things. The Bishop has made her words known and we will respect them.....I myself will be taking the Bishop on her offer to have an audience on this matter. I too would like to hear what she has to say.
Edwin expect a visit from me as well.

From this point on, this discussion is over.......here
I have made arrangements to have any posted letters taken down and given to me personally

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
10 Jun 2014 23:44 #12 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Excommunication of Edwin Haroldson
My posting here is by no means re-opening this topic for discussion, but this is a point that many do not understand.

This is not a matter of open discussion. It has been done, for reasons that do not need to be explained. If you are not a member of the clergy, your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. If you were not present when Edwin first renounced his Priesthood (at the request of Valos's Arch-Angel of Judgement, no less) your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. What happened in the past happened in the past, and that is not something that needs to be further discussed or explained here. His character has nothing to do with this; it is based purely on previous and present happenings within and above the Church of Valos. It is a matter solely of the Church, and if you are not a member of the Church, it does not matter to you, aside from what the Archbishop has described in her posting.

I will repeat, an Excommunication is the decision of the Archbishop and her advisers, and has nothing to do with the opinions of those outside of the Church. It would be wise for you all to heed the Archbishop's words, as this decision has not been made without reason and consideration, and she was not given the power to make such decisions without reason. If you desire further elaboration on why this has been done, by all means, contact her privately, as she has requested. This is not an open invitation to debate this matter, it is simply a means for you to further understand, if you are confused as to why this has been done.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.653 seconds