A statement of dedication, and a request for tutelage in the arts of the clergy militant

09 Jul 2014 00:50 #1 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Greetings all, and salutations.

Those of you who know me may have noticed that as of late I have been pursuing a far more spiritual life with regards to the relation between myself and my faith. When I arrived in Travance, I was but a traveler seeking spectacles and horrors, following the path of my god only but nominally.

However, having borne witness to such great miracles and horrific terrors as I have seen, having learned the things I have learned, I cannot help but feel blessed. My stay in Travance, though only half a year in length (or thereabouts - this time mess we find ourselves in is a mite confusing at times), has been a very profound experience. I cannot help but think that it is the providence of Chronicler which has helped me to witness and learn such things.

Among the things I have witnessed, however, I have also seen great trespasses against everything my faith would hold dear - with the Hollow Athaenium being the greatest threat to that which my god finds sacred.

Having sen these threats firsthand, I would protect the knowledge and lore that my god holds sacrosanct, as well as those who would seek it. As such, I am to be dedicating myself utterly in service to the church of Chronicler when next we gather. Alas, I know not of any clerics of my faith, and must seek tutelage in the arts from another.

If you would be as kind as to provide said tutelage, please reply below - and indicate your alignment with regards to the light and dark. Not that I would turn down instruction from either, but my faith holds that if I learn from one side, I should do what is in my power to seek equal perspective from the opposing viewpoint. I, of course, need not deal with this matter if I find tutelage from a cleric of the unaligned gods.

Many thanks for your time,
A student of the world,
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
09 Jul 2014 01:23 #2 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
I would certainly be happy to discuss anything thou art interested in, with the ways of being a Cleric. I am not one of the most powerful, of course, but I am willing. I am a Cleric of Valos, however, so it would seem thou art in need to find a Cleric from the Dark. I cannot help thee there, but I am willing to do as I can to assist thine curiosity.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
11 Jul 2014 00:21 #3 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Brother Aldric,

I thank you for the generosity of your offer. Except in the unlikely situation of a cleric of the unaligned gods making themselves known (as it is to my understanding that all the clergy of unaligned gods in Travance are priests), I shall seek you out to learn from.

Many thanks,
A student of the world,
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds