Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All

13 Aug 2014 20:57 #1 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All was created by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Let it be known that the Druidic Elder Clove has challenged Hierophant Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga for the position of Hierophant.

At 6 bells in the morning of the feast the Druidic Conclave of Travance will hold an open meeting for all to attend, that Clove and I will speak on our beliefs as Druids. It is my intention that through this talk Clove will withdrawal his challenge. If he persists the challenge will be answered at 10 bells in the morning the next day, Sunday.

On Saturday at 11 bells in the morning. I intend to host a special Harmonic Meditation in the Grove. This meditation is open to all who would seek the peace and serenity of meditation. This meditation uses the voice of those who participate to create a beautiful sound from the individual notes and sounds of it's participants. Rest assured that you need not be a gifted singer to partake. This meditation creates a singular beauty out of the chaos and variety of people in it. Should I fail in the challenge it would be proud to say that this was my last act as Hierophant.

I would appreciate it if all responses to this posting would not argue. Leave this posting clean for those planning to attend the meditation.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
13 Aug 2014 23:02 - 13 Aug 2014 23:03 #2 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
Hierophant, If I may,

Would it be far too inquisitive to ask why this challenge was issued? Given the goings on within the grove often carries with it some degree of political importance it would be good for the general public to be informed on the "why" as well as the when.

On an entirely separate note, the meditation ceremony sounds lovely,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 13 Aug 2014 23:03 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
13 Aug 2014 23:23 #3 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
I do not wish to be thought to misinterpret his complaints against me. I intend to answer his complaints on Saturday at our talk at sunrise. You are welcome to attend. For now suffice it to say that he believes he would be a better leader for the Druids than I. If Clove wishes for the populace to see his complaints he may post them here for all to see.

Defend the Land,

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
13 Aug 2014 23:34 - 14 Aug 2014 00:30 #4 by Clove (Mark)
Typhon,
Telling the what and not the why, interesting . The challenge will happen directly after the talk the morning of the feast, I gave you the chance to schedule these things to your liking last moon and you passed up the chance completely.

Verrill,
It is because of a long list of reasons, things I have observed since I first came to this place. Come to the meeting and I will reiterate all that was written where the druids have been writing back and forth that was left absent here.

clove

Well, I didn't want to try and slander Typhon in public, but if he doesn't mind then there is no reason not to openly express my grievances.

I have watched this land since I have gotten here, since Elawyn was leading the pack. I did not like her personal views, her deep connection to the government, and how she would exclude others on the druidic path for not sharing her views, but she had passion and motivation that got things done. Willingness to act with the best intention of the land and not let important things be left unaddressed, which made her a great leader. I have observed and tried to help Typhon for half a year before issuing this challenge. He has left many matters to be forgotten until they get to their very worst, claims to know about balance along with the need for it while completely disregarding its practice, refuses to open and at least understand other views unless he has no other choice, and serves so many masters. Even after issuing the challenge he has reinforced my desire for this change of leadership by trying to threaten that if I win he and his supporters would leave the grove (showing they cared nothing for the spirit and only about the title), and being trained in the powers of the old ways while trying to denounce the primal ways they communicate with the land and their traditions (much like the dark druids who practice the power of the land but not the balance of give and take, or a member of the clergy who disregards the tenants of his or her faith and only cares for the prayers he can call on).

With an open mind I would accept all who wish to follow the ways of the land, teaching and helping rather then forcing and when that doesn't work, excluding. I would push many long forgotten objectives back into the light and be proactive rather then reactive. I will keep the best interests of the land at the center of my attention rather then the person interests of politicians, kingdoms, light clergy, dark clergy, neutral clergy, and all other groups while making sure we keep an open communication with them.

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 14 Aug 2014 00:30 by Clove (Mark).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
  • Trisana
  • Thank Yous: 34
13 Aug 2014 23:56 #5 by Trisana (Trisana)
Replied by Trisana (Trisana) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
Typhon, Clove, mine friends,

Might I assume that the confrontation at sunrise is to happen within the Grove, or will you be choosing a location closer to the proper so that all who wish may attend more easily? I would not complain either way, as each option has its pros and cons, but I do not want to find myself mistaken on the meeting place.

I very much wish to attend both of these gatherings, and while my heart stirs with anxiety over your confrontation, I also hold dear excitement for the following meditation. No matter the outcome, I look forward to us all joining to praise Arawyn at the end of this.

Tris

Dame Trisana Moss
The Claw of Kaladonia
Viceroy of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Seahawk
[hr]
OOG:
Jen C.
Marshal, Card Staff
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Aug 2014 00:34 #6 by Clove (Mark)
Tris,

It is one of the traditions of the old ways to show respect to the land, to have the changing of leaders in the grove that leader is to protect, among other things.

clove

OOG-Mark B
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Aug 2014 00:47 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
If I may interject, I mean no disrespect in any manner. Doesn't the challenged, in this case Typhon, determine the time and conditions of this(aside from how it is to end)?

If I am mistaken thank you for correcting me, however that is how I was raised that challenges work. If it is different in this matter then obviously I am mistaken and I apologize for the confusion, but wanted to ask this in case others had the same confusion.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
14 Aug 2014 01:15 #8 by Keavy (Dani)
The challenged should be the one who chooses the time and location. The challenger should oblige [strike]and st-[/strike]

In the meantime, I'd like to take this opportunity to post that I will also be offering Totem Meditations at 12 and a half bells on the day of the feast. You need not be a druid to participate. We will meet in Kaladonia, provided something does not interrupt the meeting.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Aug 2014 01:18 - 14 Aug 2014 01:25 #9 by Clove (Mark)
I offered him to do just that, and like many other instances he did nothing but let time pass.

clove

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 14 Aug 2014 01:25 by Clove (Mark).
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
14 Aug 2014 10:37 #10 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
I guess I must have been raised in a very different part of Selendrias than Caelvan, these sentiments seem very Kormyrian. I witnessed, from a distance, something like this in my youth. A young elf challenged the equivalent to our heirophant one day, at which point both immediately entered the grove. Several days later the young elf returned, along side a newly born faun with the old leader nowhere in sight. None of the druids questioned the change, but when I inevitably asked what happened the new leader simply said that they determined that he was more fit to lead.
Airing dirty laundry in public like this is seems unnecessary.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilthu (Gilthu)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
14 Aug 2014 11:06 #11 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
Orophin,

I happen to agree with you.

This is very unnecessary.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
14 Aug 2014 12:24 #12 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
This has gone far enough.

The intent of the individual known as Clove is to institute a state of anarchy within the Druid community.  By challenging the leader of the community, and assuming the role himself, he can ensure there is no structure present.

Clove has twisted the words of both Typhon, and other members of the community, to meet his ends.  Typhon has not "done nothing" or "let time pass."  I personally have been at Typhon's side during his efforts to address issues, and he has done far from "nothing."  Similarly, those who do not wish to follow Clove's leadership are being shamed, bullied, and labeled as "lost" or "misguided" in an attempt to prevent the community from remaining intact under a different leader.

Typhon has offered times to meet, and Clove has chosen to ignore them to make things difficult on the community as a whole, shaming anyone who disagrees with him as "not caring."  Typhon has offered to discuss, and Clove has chosen to fight instead.  Clove is making the active choice to destabilize the Druid conclave of Travance, and is manipulating statements and facts to this end.  If Clove truly cared, he would make an effort to meet half way, and not insist on his way or no way.  These are the ways of an extremist, not a leader.

There will be no combat.  This is by decree as my role as a Knight Protector.  Anyone who assaults another will be persecuted to the fullest extent of the laws of Travance, and Koromyre.  Clove, you cannot pick and choose which laws of the community you will follow, any more than you can pick and choose which laws of nature you will follow.

None shall bring harm or attempt to bring harm to another, excepting in the virtue of defense.

Whosoever breaks with this law shall be fined between ten and twenty gold pieces, one half of which the Barony will remit to the victim. If the harm inflicted was grievous, then the convicted will additionally spend from one to three months in the dungeon and the victim shall be entitled to one belonging of the convicted. If the harm inflicted was mortal, then the convicted will be publicly executed, and the victim shall be entitled to one belonging of the convicted. If the victim of the crime is an Officer of the Barony or one who is of noble title, then the convicted will be publicly executed, will be stripped of all belongings, and upon the decision of the Baron may be exiled or obliterated. If the convicted has broken with this law before, then the convicted will be publicly executed, will be stripped of all belongings, and upon the decision of the Baron may be exiled or obliterated.

Typhon Scyldinga is a Squire of Kaladonia, and therefore of noble title.

If the challenge continues, it will be by non-combative means, and an agreed upon neutral party (i.e. - someone without ties to the druidic community) shall mediate the time, place, and nature of the challenge for the good of the community as a whole.

In service to the Land,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arden (Shelby)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
14 Aug 2014 13:16 #13 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
What's going on, Travance? Why are we turning on each other all of a sudden?

I'm starting to think there's something in the water...

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
14 Aug 2014 14:10 #14 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
Swift,

I would be glad to discuss this with you in private at the next feast.

In service to the Land,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Aug 2014 17:30 #15 by Clove (Mark)
Gideon,

I have rarely heard words more untrue. This challenge does not induce anarchy, it is not political, it is a long held druidic rite to establish new leadership. A ceremony based on the most primal truths and interactions of existence itself honored by druids, especially ones trained in the ways of the elder. It is not a matter of the kingdom and to try and use your title in this matter would be like ordering deer to stop grazing in your woods by the order of a noble.

Orophin, Duncan,
I was content on keeping this within the grove and only issued the challenge in advance to give Typhon time to prepare, but bringing the what and not the why to the general public is misleading. If I tell you Gideon crushed the skulls of twenty unarmed people he sounds like a monster, but if I also tell you that those twenty people were trained martial artists intent on killing him then the story is different.

clove

OOG-Mark B
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
14 Aug 2014 17:54 #16 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
Keavy,

I am looking forward to attending the totem meditation you are hosting. It has been much too long since my last. I am curious as to whether I will see my fox again and if so what it might say to me.

Burkhart

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
15 Aug 2014 01:35 #17 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Druidic Events of the Upcoming Feast Weekend Open to All
I say that we should all just calm down and have a nice cup of tea. Nothing that can't be settled over a nice calm discussion. Too much violence going on nowadays, no need to add more.

Though there is one macaroon stuck in my craw... is not the Heirophant of the Grove now called to be on the ruling council of Travance? Gosh, that does sounds like a political position to me.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keavy (Dani), Swyft (agentswift)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.679 seconds