The Light and Darkness

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
28 Aug 2014 18:11 - 28 Aug 2014 18:12 #31 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Light and Darkness
Orophin,

Perhaps you should refrain from commenting if you are going to let your emotions get in the way. Such clouded judgement can lead to harsh words. Especially if you are going to say such cruel things to me. I am wounded, friend.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 18:12 by Narcis (ChrisR).
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
28 Aug 2014 19:17 #32 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic The Light and Darkness
I am impressed brother Jack; you paint yet another parallel between the people of the north and those of Khitan. Different veins that flow in the same direction.
While I still prepared for my voyage to Travance I was warned this facet of Kormyrian life would perplex me. If only I recognized then how true this would ring.
It wasn't long after my arrival I began to hear of good and evil, light and dark, as if they were separate from both one another and from each self. One has been presented as all things loving, and the other as all things hateful. If ever there was an oversimplification. I was intrigued and began a study of Kormyrian theology. As I researched the tenets of the divines, I found that each bear their own honor. One of the most striking discoveries I made was that one could be a law abiding healer who still satisfies the tenets of the aspect called Agaura. Much more has been discovered by study of the the names and tenets given to these same aspects among differing cultures of Kormyre. It is fascinating the way this continent gave name to aspects of Arawyn herself, but I believe this offers insight as to why this discussion seems never ending. To attempt to understand the forces of the world in this way is as if the universal consciousness were some clockwork mechanism comprised of cohesive parts, instead of the whole that it is. The need to classify things against their nature is a very hominid failing.
I have in my life been fed, sheltered, and offered protection by means a Kormyrian would call "evil". Likewise I have been deprived, ostracized, and physically harmed by actions a Kormyrian would define as "good". "Good" and "evil" are not an outside force, but an internal one. Both exist within each. Sometimes one performs an act widely perceived as greatly honorable through personal dishonor, such as the one who prevents bloodshed with a lie. The opposite is true as well. The universal consciousness has already destined itself for balance.
It appears that the means by which balance finds itself beleaguered in this discussion is through misunderstanding. True balance is not achieved by actions, it exists in spite of them. Even as one struggles to shift the balance within their self, the universe responds by finding another that would shift their balance an opposite course. Try as each may to shift the balance, the pendulum will always come to rest in the middle. If there are any who would wish to be shown this fundamental reality, my door remains open, and the tea kettle is never far from a boil.

Carry peace with you,
-Imrahil

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus), Swyft (agentswift), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
30 Aug 2014 00:33 #33 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic The Light and Darkness
Contain your pretensions, children.
Precious few here want or need to see your petty squabbles.
Should you wish to argue semantics, meet in person so as not to waste time and paper.
If your ego demands an audience, hold a public debate at the next feast.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds