Blood on our Hands

08 Sep 2014 20:16 #1 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Blood on our Hands was created by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
I am not a man of werds. But this is a time wen voices must be razed.

Ferst, thare wuz an orc warcheef. He brought war to us. We returned that war to him. I took up war-ice against him, and for this, I feel no gilt. I imagin many are the same. I imagin many fought to protect thare homes, and for that, I do no judge you.

Then I discovered what Travance was doing, what we wer forging using the harts we wer collecting. I lerned who else had to die for it. And I did everything I could to find another way. I let my werds and my deeds show my commitment to finding a better option. And make no mistake, any option would hav been better.

If you aided in the creation of Bloodtide, if you watched it happen and did nothing, if you did not try to stop it or find another way, you hav done something unspeekably evil. Tell yourself you could do nothing. Tell yourself you wer ordered to by your jarl. Tell yourself there wuz no other way. It does not matter. You have fallen into darkness.

To those men and women who followed or watched, to those who did not try to stop it, beg the Gods of Living for their forgiveness. To the jarls who led the path to the Bloodtide, you hold both the evil you hav dun and the evil you commanded within your souls. Your hands are staned with all the blood that wuz spilled for and shall be spilled by this cursed blade. You shall be judged.

To those who killed an unborn child for its hart: you are the werst that this world has to offer. You are scum. You are cowards. Your unwed fathers wish they had remained celebat. If you ever wish for your pathetic existence to com to an end, find me out and I shall remove your loathsome heads from your bodees.

To all good men and women, I say this to you: this is not the time for silence. This is the time for you to raise your voices. Howl out against this evil. Let the sky trembl and the ground shake with your protest. Let our jarls know that this cannot be allowed to stand.

If good men do nothing, the darkness will take us all.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
08 Sep 2014 20:59 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Blood on our Hands
Siegfried,

I was on long distance patrol and apparently hell hit Travance for all this to have happened. Id like to talk to you privately. Can we meet sometime soon?

Cmd. B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
08 Sep 2014 21:01 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Blood on our Hands
(OOG:You see shaky and uncontrolled handwriting on a piece of jagged paper)

What did you all do?!!!!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
08 Sep 2014 21:06 #4 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic Blood on our Hands
The short of it is that several innocent people were killed for their hearts. Supposedly only specific hearts would work. The hearts were used in the reforging of Bloodtide.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
08 Sep 2014 21:15 - 06 Jan 2015 15:07 #5 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Blood on our Hands
We opposed this from the start, and we still do.
We did not fight the orks, we fought the heretic.
We can sleep with ourselves.

Philadin, [strike]Takori[/strike], [strike]Sorel[/strike], and [strike]Palinthorn[/strike]

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 15:07 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
08 Sep 2014 21:34 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Blood on our Hands
Good to know Philaden. Can you let me know the details?

Cmd.B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
08 Sep 2014 21:36 #7 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Blood on our Hands
Ma,

If you wish to know more about this, please missive me. I will tell you all that I know. We need to talk anyways.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
08 Sep 2014 21:55 #8 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Blood on our Hands
All,

For those who wish to seek atonement, penance or counseling over what has been done, the Church of Light will have its doors open to you. Alternatively, if the gods of Light are not to your favor, come see me, and we can simply talk and seek your answers from Arawyn, the mother of all, or from within yourself.

For those who participated, but do not feel the need for such actions, I do not envy you when you reach Galladel's judgment.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Elderwood (Alexander Elderwood), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
08 Sep 2014 22:01 - 08 Sep 2014 22:02 #9 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Blood on our Hands
Siegfried

Speak true and bravely. You are not alone.

Know that if you took innocent life or ordered the taking of innocent life for the purposes of this ritual, justice will be done upon you. Be you Lord or commoner, there is nothing you can hide behind for your part in this heinous and despicable act.

Whoever ordered or took part in taking the life of the woman and who carved out the living heart of her unborn child, know that when I find you, you will submit yourself to justice. Your life is already forfeit, and no excuse or writ will protect you. If you offer yourself willingly you may be offered the small grace of being able to hear your sins confessed before your head is removed from your body.

By Valos I swear.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 22:02 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
08 Sep 2014 22:24 #10 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Blood on our Hands
Wotcher,

For what it may be worth to you, Mister Aldorson: all morality is relative. What will pass as commonplace in the Quinarian homelands may be considered a grave insult in the Northern Wastes, and those actions that are considered a dark taboo to the people of Amon'Zad are carried out on a daily basis by the subjects of the Jade Empire. It is simply the way of the world, and the nature of Good.

Little more than a year ago, in the late days of Spring, I made the same journey over the rift as you so recently have done yourself. Upon my arrival, I recall feeling rather shocked by the cultural practices of the people here: men and women will frequently walk in public with a good deal of exposed skin on display, and will attempt to kill each other for little more than uttering the wrong words of devotion, or wearing the wrong sort of clothing. However, since then, I've come to terms with the violent and unforgiving ways of the people here - though their ways would be considered improper to the former inhabitants of my home (and, clearly, to those of yours too) I do not believe that one can make a sound argument that such are in any way less correct than our own set of acceptable behaviours.

I hope my story will go some way to helping you make sense of what you might have seen over the past few days. Understand that the nature of Good in the lands east of the Rift is likely different from the nature of Good in your homelands. Cold-blooded slaughter and death are accepted and celebrated here; as outsiders, it is not our place to judge, only to observe and learn what we can from the people here.

As a final thought: the first lesson given by the Royal Exploratory Corps to its field operatives is centered around the practice of existing within a culture without allowing our own practices to rub off upon its inhabitants. Such is considered best practice amongst anthropologists and explorers alike, and is something to which you and I can both aspire!

Very good, Mister Aldorson. If there's anything else that you think might help you come to terms with societal practices here, or are simply in need of someone to listen to your troubles, please do not hesitate to send me a letter - I'd be glad of your correspondence.

Opus Venare,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
08 Sep 2014 22:28 #11 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Blood on our Hands
And yet for all that, Quartermaster, you were one of the ones who stood up and spoke against the creation of this weapon.

I would argue you have a more deep investment about the nature of what we did than you think.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
08 Sep 2014 22:32 #12 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Blood on our Hands
Goggins,

There is custom and there is good and evil. Of thees, only custom changes when you travel. If it has become the way of this place to embrace evil, it is the duty of all good men to change the way of this place.

-Siegfried Aldorson

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
08 Sep 2014 22:36 - 08 Sep 2014 22:42 #13 by Goggs (coryan)
You are quite correct in your observations, Lieutenant - but that was my own moment of weakness, in which I allowed a sentimental response to overrule my better judgement.

Though you have learned to control the turbulence of your own emotions - indeed, to channel them as useful tools - I am still a young man, and struggle to contain my own at times. I hope you will forgive me for failing to doing so; know that I strive for consistency as much as do any of us.

I do not believe that any sane person does what they believe to be wrong (for such a practice would be illogical) and, yet, we frequently find ourselves in situations in which each party believes the other to have committed an unacceptable act. How else could this sort of circumstance arise, were it not the case that Evil is a custom in and of itself, as is Good?

Opus Venare,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 22:42 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
08 Sep 2014 22:41 - 08 Sep 2014 22:46 #14 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Blood on our Hands
Master Goggins, it is not necessary to make excuse for having the common decency others clearly lack. Even if thine goal is not to get personally involved or attached, it would be telling indeed if thou art able to contain thine disgust at such savagery. My respect to thee, sir.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 22:46 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
08 Sep 2014 22:48 - 08 Sep 2014 23:06 #15 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Blood on our Hands
NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE KILLED FOR THEIR HEARTS WERE INNOCENT.
PERHAPS THEY WERE "GOOD"... PERHAPS THEY WERE "PURE"... BUT TO EMBODY THE HEART OF A DRAGON ONE CANNOT BE TRULY "INNOCENT"
IF A CHILD WAS KILLED IT WAS NOT FOR THIS RITE. A CHILD IS INNOCENT. A CHILD DOES NOT HAVE THE HEART OF A DRAGON.

WHOMEVER IT WAS WHO DESTROYED THE HEART OF THE MERCILESS GREENSKIN AND CAUSED US TO REQUIRE THE HEART OF ONE OF OUR OWN... A SQUIRE NO LESS!... YOU WILL REGRET YOUR ACTIONS

TZ.

[hr]

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 23:06 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 Sep 2014 22:58 #16 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Blood on our Hands
To All who read,

There is no question that this ritual was anything but evil. If the acts committed by the towns members who took part in this ritual do not weigh heavily on their soul then they are to be feared and punishment must be brought upon them for they are truly monsters. Those who are willing to tear away the innocence and life from a child who cannot even make their own decision or act in their own defense are worse than monsters and truly much compassion is being shown by those who are offering a chance to repent and atone for the action. If it were up to me I would sooner allow your bodies to leave this plane so that your soul may be judged and I would do so hoping that all of your souls end up in the pits.

These are words not only from someone who has managed to begin to crawl out of the darkness but even when steeped in shadow would not have performed the acts that the town has done this past moon. As I pray for atonement for my past deeds I will pray for all of you that partook in this. Not only so that you may find peace in the future but so I can retain the strength to keep my sword sheathed if I happen upon those who committed this atrocity.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 Sep 2014 23:17 - 08 Sep 2014 23:18 #17 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Blood on our Hands
***Not Caelvan***

I'm a Galmachian. I have been here a short amount of time and this town has committed many "atrocities" before this one. If this is the one thing that irritates you. Clearly you are just as bad as the ones you are yelling at.
-M

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 23:18 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
08 Sep 2014 23:19 #18 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Blood on our Hands
ALL OF YOU SILENCE!

You are really using your free time to speak of matters of Justice and recompense!

There will be a time for justice, and those who have moved forward with this choice will have their day before the Judge. But until then, why not use this time between feasts to research another option? Why not find a way that we do not need this cursed sin to aide us?

Words are nothing at this time, so yes speak up, rage, scream if you must, but what done is done. The truth of the matter is where do we go from here?

When that is talked about, then speak all you want, til then keep your mouths shut.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
08 Sep 2014 23:28 #19 by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher Mister Dimms,

As chance would have it, we've already done precisely that. Count Winterdark has permitted us to send a small team to recover the weapon Ragnarok in just over a week's time - in all my time researching the blade, I found no indication that any hearts would need to be sacrificed in order to reforge the thing.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the same.

Opus Venare,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

09 Sep 2014 00:09 #20 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
Replied by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad) on topic Blood on our Hands
To those who are involved,

This is an unspeakable and horrendous act of cowardice. Let us perform evil, to make evil, to use for good. This makes no sense to me. No amount of evil forces or action is any excuse for good people to travel down that road. Having been in Travance for only two moons, I thought I found a town of good people who fight against evil. But after this past moon, I see that you are no different then the evil you claim to be fighting. There is no amount of praying or repenting to your so called God's that can excuse these actions. In the coming moons, I will not be helping you "heroes" with any personal issues you may have. In defence of the town, or its citizens that do not have the power to stand up to the evils of the world, I will lend my blade. But do not look to me to help you with any matters as it will take many moons to quell this rage and hatred pent up inside.

Renji

~An apprentice near a temple will recite the scriptures untaught.~

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
09 Sep 2014 00:14 #21 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Blood on our Hands
Nothing we did compares to ending a race... not even compounded together.

Learn, grow, and adapt. The worst demons you face will always be your own.

~ Na'ar

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
09 Sep 2014 00:47 #22 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Blood on our Hands
The reason we made the sword is to end the demon.

The end of a race is what the demon did last month.

Most crimes should be cause for remorse, but remorse is not a reason to forget our purpose, or a fallen people. A bread thief should not forget the family he fed as he repays the baker. A soldier does not forget the families and peasants he protected as he is executed by the enemies he capitulates to. A healer does not forget the lives he saved when he spends time in jail for disobeying a noble's order to hold a line.

I no longer wish to discuss this on paper.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
09 Sep 2014 00:50 - 09 Sep 2014 00:51 #23 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Blood on our Hands
To be told "Don't listen, eyes forward" as the screams of my friend echoed across the field...

To know that not to fight was "treason" and not to fight and protect and heal the fallen was to leave my allies in danger, another form of treachery....

I feel violated.

Where do we go from here?

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 00:51 by Swyft (agentswift).
  • Chukklez
  • Flavorless text
  • Thank Yous: 13
09 Sep 2014 00:54 #24 by Chukklez (Chukklez)
Replied by Chukklez (Chukklez) on topic Blood on our Hands
You do not need to reside in this lands illiterate one. We do not need and I do not desire a voice of dissent. If doing what must be done to save Travance upsets you, go home.

"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
IG Gregory, Jon
OOG Charles Davie
Rules Marshal
09 Sep 2014 01:14 #25 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
Replied by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad) on topic Blood on our Hands
What must be done? So then why not search for this ragnorok or other ways for victory? Why find this heinous act as the only viable option. If it was to be done, should it not have been left till all options were investigated fully?

~An apprentice near a temple will recite the scriptures untaught.~

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
09 Sep 2014 05:32 #26 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Blood on our Hands
Goggins - Morality is not relative. Ethics can be relative, but not morality. If you do not know the difference, find one who can tell you.

Dimms - who are you to tell us to be silent? You exceed your station. I will speak on what I desire until a noble tells me otherwise, just as Siegfried can. Do not tell me what to do, Mister Dimms. You should have followed your first impulse and written privately.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
09 Sep 2014 08:03 #27 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Blood on our Hands
Clergy: I am not happy aboot what had to be done. But what's done is done. We cannae rescind it. I ask of you this: If a soul holds evil, and a weapon holds evil, and a soul can be redeemed to the light, maybe the weapon can be redeemed in a similar method as a soul. If it is possible, we should do so. to do anything else would be a terrible thing. I would appreciate some words from Mister Belfast (I am unsure of your proper title) and maybe a few of the other light clergy on this and other matters on the side please.

and for everyone: I wonder if this Balfurous scunner might have known this might have been needed and chose his chance to strike. He might have also known that recriminations might cause division, allowing him and his forces to take us on piecemeal and win that way, since he couldn't force us to not forge the damnable thing and win without fighting. My conscience tells me to caution against this development. What was done may have been evil, and I am not happy aboot it to say the least.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
09 Sep 2014 09:23 #28 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Blood on our Hands
It seems I return to find another tempest at our shores. I bear no judgement as I were not present to asses for myself, but am reminded of a mantra of the oni hunters - When one fights monsters, one should beware not to become one themselves. I intend to meditate upon it, as I hope any with weight upon their conscience might as well.

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Sep 2014 09:46 #29 by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher,

Morality is, indeed, relative. If that isn't a school of thought you've encountered before, Mister Haroldson, or if you misunderstand the word "relative," I'm certain that you'll be able to find the relevant texts in the Baronial Library - though, for the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you discussed your semantic shortcomings elsewhere, as such things are so often a distraction from meaningful discourse.

If it's no trouble: was there some small detail about the reforging that serves to differentiate it from other rituals? The practice of killing a mortal being, cutting out parts of their body, and then using those parts as offerings in a ceremony is one that we observe with great frequency in this part of the world. What has provoked such a reaction in this case? What marks it as special?

Opus Venare,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
09 Sep 2014 11:05 #30 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic Blood on our Hands
This past moon I have been spat upon by your Light Clergy, attacked, beaten and then attacked again by a certain ex-Bishop. Lies were spread with the express intent to have me killed. I have never sacrificed children, and offered my heart for the final place in the ritual. Your Clergy refused, telling me that they would not participate in the ritual and instead wished to go on the witch hunt and do more killing for this ritual- despite them calling for my head as often as they do.

This recent moon, reflects just the newest atrocity which has been committed. I'm beginning to lose count of how often the Clergy has either tried to take my head, or drawn my blood, all the while this happens when they have been riled up by various angels for the most part, and they are in force. Not one of you have the stones to come at me with less than a company of your clerics, or a lynch mob. I have lost count the amount of times I have bled on the steps of the church begging to be let in while being devoured by undead-many Travancians and I bond over this shared experience.

As Caldor stated on Saturday, "this will leave a stain on Travance," I disagree, for Travance is already stained in this way and has been for years. I think that there has been a misunderstanding of the motivations for my "rants" or "ramblings" as many put it. I do no seek to convert those who live here and call this place home. I merely wish to point out your transgressions, to point out such hypocrisies like a Cleric who says he will pray for me and then seeks to kill me, like people whom talk about how killing is wrong yet revel in the death of their enemies, of working in unison to find out more information of Visagalis and within months being considered "anathema" while previously being welcomed. My stances have not changed, although my outward appearance has.

I wish to enlighten the masses of their actions, because when you stand before Galladel for judgment, none can claim ignorance, none can claim they didn't know, that they were fooled, and you will join me on the Plague Ship and we will travel my God's realm together, arm in arm.

Yours in Faith,

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.884 seconds