Blood on our Hands

10 Sep 2014 15:15 #61 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Blood on our Hands
You have offered the challenge.
I will set the terms as follows:

-Combat will be to the death.

-Only the most basic equipment will be used, items of normal steel or wooden construction.

-No outside assistance of any kind from the magic or prayers of others.

-No items with magical properties will be used, only our own conviction and strength.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

10 Sep 2014 15:17 #62 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucien and Caelvan,

Ava's words are the wise. I would plead you both to listen to her. The blade need not cause more death amongst us, and we need not help our enemies by thinning our numbers. Life is precious. Both of you should respect yours.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
10 Sep 2014 15:32 #63 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Blood on our Hands
Sometimes peoples' differences are strong and legitimate. Good people are like people - they do not always agree, particularly when matters are important.

That said, the old traditions - or my old traditions, perhaps - would consider duels properly made face-to-face rather than in writing, no matter how heartfelt.

And also, it ought to be added: personal disagreements are not of much interest beyond the participants, even when violence is in the offing. Perhaps those details, if any, could be continued privately.

-Kuo Kun
10 Sep 2014 15:43 #64 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Blood on our Hands
Yes, it is unfortunate that a Squire doesn't even know how to formally offer honor combat.

This is not easy for me as we all are already suffering. I only wish it no further be discussed here.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
10 Sep 2014 15:58 #65 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucian,
If you read my posting closer you would see the wish of seeing a trail for all committing murder was a side note and therefore unrelated.

My challenge is the fact you stated in your letter that "If you think Bloodtide was our only road just because a druid felt as such during their communion with Arawyn" seemed as in insult to Arawyn and her knowledge that she bestows onto those who know her ways. You insult Arawyn's knowledge and my wife's word in that statement and that is why I challenged you.
The way you are going after those who killed the people with hearts is entirely unrelated.

Ava and Caldor,
I never stated this combat is to be to the death. I understand that unnecessary death is something we can ill afford at the moment, if ever. Many combats of this nature have just been until someone has collapsed from their wounds and a healer came over to heal them. Lucian is the one going for the combat of being to the death. I was fine with us using all of our abilities, and coming out of this all the better with neither of us dying but it seems that is not the case.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Sep 2014 16:02 #66 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucien Belfast,

You will cease and desist from ANY public discourse regarding Bloodtide, or my Squires, until the combat has been settled.

You have insulted a member of Kaladonia's nobility in public, which is an offense under the Laws of Travance. See to it you do not disobey this order as well.

Should you wish to express your concerns, they will be expressed internally to your superiors within the Church, and they will bring them to me personally.

You have also failed to understand how Honor Combat works. You will report to me, along with Squire Caelvan, on your next visit to the Proper. At this time, we will properly go through the process of setting the terms of Honor Combat.

No more is to be discussed on this matter of the Combat, until it has been handled by myself, in person, at the next Gathering in which you are both present.

By my hand,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
12 Sep 2014 11:58 #67 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Blood on our Hands
I will keep this short and simple, for the long winds of many folks pollute this section of the wall.

In the few short moons I have been preoccupied, you have managed to offend each and every one of my sensibilities, from my teachings as a Master Smith, right down to my very Dwarven core.

However, I can only blame myself for not being present to offer my very reasonable voice to the mix, and so, what has transpired, transpired. The weapon can not be unforged. The sacrifices cannot, and should not, be reverted.

Make no mistake, however, I will see this weapon destroyed once it has served its purpose. It will not garnish the belt of some prideful buffoon. It will not be made a trophy.

Have this 'Bloodtide' ready for me when I return to the Proper once more. I will inspect it myself.

Hengis Grumblegut,
Warlord of Pendarvin

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds