A note about establishing business

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
12 Sep 2014 17:04 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
A note about establishing business was created by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Hello, Travancians.

Now that the Barony is allowing the registration of larger businesses, I have received a number of questions on the subject. I'll answer a few of the more common ones here.

By far the most common question is, "Who do I talk to first?" In order to establish a larger business (as opposed to a smaller company which merely sells goods at Market Faire), you must first obtain the permission of the Lord or Lady (or current appointed caretaker) of the land in which you intend to operate your business. Individual lands may, of course, change who within their lands may give this approval, but should let me know. Yes, this means that the Knight Protectors of Kaladonia and Pendarvin may approve the founding of businesses. In Ostcliff, you must have the permission of both Sir Pluvious AND Sir Cypher, until such time as a Knight Protector or Lord is appointed. ((OOG note: do NOT go to Joe H. first. Your business may be denied for IG reasons.))

You should also know in which settlement you wish to build your business. Our Barony has a great many lovely areas within each land; if you are uncertain where might be best for your business, I am happy to make suggestions, though of course the Lords have final say.

You may change the name of your business, and any employees listed, at any point after its inception. However, we will still need something to put on the paperwork to begin with, so please have at least a placeholder name selected for your business before coming to me.

If you are attempting to start a business that is not currently listed as an available business type, there may be a delay in the paperwork while we decide how to classify your business. ((OOG: check the master post here for the listing of business types))

Also, please note that while your registration fee covers your merchant's guild membership fee for the first year of operation, you will be required to update your license every year beyond that. We may revisit this at a later date.

If you have any further questions, please contact me directly, or find me during a Feast.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds