Preparations for the Winterdark Masquerade

• Morwenne
  • She called me the Wellspring!
  • Thank Yous: 92
16 Sep 2014 22:11 #1 by Morwenne (Morwenne)
Preparations for the Winterdark Masquerade was created by Morwenne (Morwenne)
Dear Friends,

I write to you again regarding the upcoming Winterdark Masquerade Ball. Each year, we have been graced by representatives from the various Kingdoms, and I have little doubt that this year will prove the exception. In this post-Xualla world, it is more important than ever to maintain our hard won alliances, and the Winterdark Ball is a chance for us to reintroduce ourselves to our neighbors in a more peaceful manner than is usually afforded to us. While the Ball may seem pointless to many of you, I would remind you that battles are fought in many ways. The diplomat may not wield steel, but that does not mean that his arsenal is any less deadly. A skilled warrior knows how to face battle upon many fields, and a Noble court is no less treacherous to the untrained. Many of us know how to conquer an enemy upon a field of blood and mud, but are woefully unprepared for one of wits and courtly manners.

In light of this, I would like to ask any who are interested to gather in the Dragon’s Claw Inn during the Market Faire this coming Feast so that we may review basic etiquette and help each other make the necessary preparations. Meeting at this time allows us to patronize our local merchants and add their spectacular wares to our ensembles, further enticing visitors with the splendors that Travance has to offer. I would also like to ask any of you who have knowledge of the manners and customs of the other Kingdoms to please instruct us on how best to comport ourselves amongst these foreign dignitaries, so that we may represent our individual lands, and Travance as a whole, with aplomb.

I will be providing light refreshments and would encourage any who attend to add to the spread. Particularly if you would like to share a special treat from your homeland with us as a way of helping to introduce us to your culture.

I hope to see you there.

Respectfully,

Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington
Lady of Alisandria
Guild Master

(oog: Alisia, Card Marshal, Story Teller)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
18 Sep 2014 08:53 #2 by Kit Reddlyn (willettre)
Replied by Kit Reddlyn (willettre) on topic Preparations for the Winterdark Masquerade
Ms. Morwenne

If it please you, I’d like to offer my help.
Though she would say it never did me any good in the long run, my mother without fail enlisted me in many classes pertaining to such customs through out the course of my child hood. Many years of different styles of dancing lessons, and many years of Cotillion, (or more commonly known as etiquette school.)
I don’t find much use for this knowledge these days, but the knowledge remains nonetheless. I hope I may be of some service.

Best,

Kit Reddlyn

Kit Reddlyn

Squire to Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

OOG
Becky Willett
New Player Marshal
  • Morwenne
  • She called me the Wellspring!
  • Thank Yous: 92
18 Sep 2014 09:33 #3 by Morwenne (Morwenne)
Replied by Morwenne (Morwenne) on topic Preparations for the Winterdark Masquerade
Dearest Kit,

Your assistance is most welcome! Thank you for stepping forward and volunteering to help your fellow towns members. Please send me a private missive letting me know of anything you may require.

Kindest Regards,

Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington
Lady of Alisandria
Guild Master

(oog: Alisia, Card Marshal, Story Teller)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Sep 2014 21:41 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Preparations for the Winterdark Masquerade
I am always in favor of bettering myself and am hopeful I may attend.

-- Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds