Regarding My Execution

08 Oct 2014 01:06 #1 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Regarding My Execution was created by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
I have come to understand that there has surfaced a degree of unrest over my recent judicial punishment. I write here now to clear the record so that we may step into this new dawn together, and not be further consumed by the petty strife and burdens of the past.

Since I came to this town I have been carried by a purpose: To make this world a place where a 12 year old child is not left alone to a realm of madness, pain, and horror. I have sought every means to make this dream a reality. During the time in which the dark arts were legalized I exhibited a brief interest in the ways of the Dark Paladin, thinking it might be a tool in my quest. Despite having aided in turning back the tide of the incursion, I saw the devastation the demons had left in their wake, and was blinded by my determination to find a way to prevent a similar cataclysm from occurring again. The foolish inquiry proved fruitless, but my dalliance with this path of shadow did not go unnoticed.

Months later I came under investigation for my studies. I was ordered by Sir Cypher and Sir Pluvious not to write in public forums, lest my words muddle the truth in the pending case.

It was in the following month I lose my wife and son. In my grief I believed that maybe by sharing my loss in the Chronicle under a pseudonym I could offer some comfort to those who shared a similar loss. For Caring was my article, written under a false name. By writing this article I had directly disobeyed the order of a noble. It was in another, unrelated, investigation that this deception was discovered and I was to be put to death.

In my life I have done awful things in pursuit of my goal. However noble, to date I have struck dead 385 foes in my quest for a better world. If the Justice that befell me could not be deemed judicial it may at least be seen as a form of cosmic justice. I have paid the price for my hubris.

This experience has awakened me to my true path among the White Sorcerers of Travance. My course is set. I beseech all who read these words to join me as brothers and sisters in common cause. To put aside the burdens of the past and rise up with a full heart so that we might strike the demons that would see us undone from our lands and from our homes!

Strength Through Unity,

With Prudence and Compassion,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
08 Oct 2014 11:09 - 08 Oct 2014 11:11 #2 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Regarding My Execution
We do see great potential in Verrill and would like everyone to know that he is in fact willing to sacrifice himself for The Barony and The Kingdom of Kormyre. Let his execution and his penance for his delving into the dark arts be left in the past and forgotten. We recognized the sincerity of his words and saw fit to forgive him and would ask all of you give him the chance to prove himself to you as well.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 11:11 by Jack (Keeperofdice). Reason: Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 Oct 2014 19:36 #3 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Regarding My Execution
He can prove himself to me when he stops making a farce over his execution.
Everyone does awful things.
You are not special.

May your accept your true nature,

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Simon (BigZ), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
09 Oct 2014 00:16 - 09 Oct 2014 00:25 #4 by Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
Replied by Cecilia Mercier (jsin) on topic Regarding My Execution
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to clear that up. I fear somewhere along the line details got blurred or perhaps assumptions were made but clearly the wrong information was being passed about. It's nice to see the right information being shared in order to prevent trouble. Goodness knows the last thing we need in Travance is trouble based on a misunderstanding, misinformation or because people were simply not informed at all.

OOG: Tytiana B (Haze Browne)
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 00:25 by Cecilia Mercier (jsin).
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
09 Oct 2014 01:19 #5 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Regarding My Execution
If a fellow can face a focus walk with farce,
It's better than bitterness blooming from their
mouth.

Perhaps everyone has done things they regret.
Not everyone seeks to atone for them.
I wish you luck on this path, Verril. Try not to disappoint me.

Sincerely,
In Service and Song,
Sindarion Sinclair

P.S. Don't make a fool out of yourself, either! You'll put me out of my job!

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
09 Oct 2014 11:34 #6 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Regarding My Execution
Verril

I am very glad you understand how hard it was for that decision to be made due to my out look to life, our most precious of gifts. As I was the one to take your life I will work with you to strengthen it with a new beginning. I will not stop until all eyes in the world see you as I do. With truth.

Verril I have dedicated my life to the people that I serve, and your mind and heart is no exception. Tho I can not walk this path for you, I can make sure the path is clear and safe for you.

With Love and Honor for Unity

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.634 seconds