Memorial

• Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
30 Nov 2014 19:24 #1 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Memorial was created by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Dear Travance,

I have only been in this Barony for six moons. Yet in that time I have seen many people fall. I will admit that I do not know the names of most of those people. But the fact remains that lives were lost and a great deal of them were unable to be returned through the Phocus. These nameless folks who suffered and died deserve to be remembered. Their strands were cut before their time and it is only right that we honor their memory.

I propose that we erect a memorial in the grave yard for all those who have suffered and died. I would also like to get a team together to clean up the grave yard. Atrus was right. Too long have the dead been dishonored by our lack of care, our lack of respect, for their final resting place. We might have many enemies to defeat. We might have some great evil to take down each feast. But we must not forget those who fell due to those enemies and great evils.

So please..next feast I ask that people join me in this venture. We owe the dead this much.

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
  • Thank Yous: 37
01 Dec 2014 12:39 #2 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Replied by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly) on topic Memorial
Miss Astrid,

I believe that what you wish for is a thing that is both noble and right, and in this I would be more than happy to assist you.

I have not been long in Travance myself, but in the things that I have witnessed and in what the stories carry, this land and its brave people have suffered much, endured much, and seen an end to much. We would do right by farmer, brewer, knight, and lord to offer our remembrance and respect to those who will be unable walk with those they loved into a new, hopeful spring.

- S. Strachleigh

Wilhelmina Elizabeth Ravenly

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

OOG - Bethany O.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
01 Dec 2014 13:50 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Memorial
**Not Caelvan**

Forgetting the dead is something you shouldn't do. However, those who have died, died when it was their time. Not a moment sooner. We all have a time we must move on from this world, and those who have reached it, all people say "it was before their time." It is in fact not. They were to die there and then. They have lived their full lives. Remember them for that, not for dying early. There is no such thing.

I will volunteer to be one of those taking care of the dead.

-Merikh
Priest of Death

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds