Reclamation Games at Pendarvin

16 Dec 2014 06:39 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Reclamation Games at Pendarvin was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Subjects of Travance,

The Land of Pendarvin would like to invite you to participate in our Winter Games. To honor the Reclamation of Arawyn by the heroes of Travance, we shall host 3 contests of skill. In addition, there shall be food to eat, spirits to drink, and friends to enjoy. Come see what our land has to offer!

Food and Drink
We will be providing a hearty beef stew with fresh bread. Wash it down with a mug of mulled cider, hot cocoa, or tea! Desert will also be provided.

Hospitality
Any subject of Travance may sit down for an audience with Lord Ardin Silverbow to speak of whatever you like. Want to know what Pendarvin has to offer? Have a great joke or story? Curious what kind of underwear our Lord wears? Come and ask!

Martial Tournament

Beginning at the 2nd bell past noon shall be a tournament of arms. Contestants should sign up by no later than half past the first bell. Combatants must land three non-fatal blows on their opponents in order to advance. The rules are as follows:
-This is a trial of pure skill. Neither supernatural powers nor advanced maneuvers will be permitted. (OOG: no tag skills)
-Strike with the flat of your blade. If necessary, a practice sword will be provided for you.
-Two warriors face each other. The winner advances, the loser is eliminated.
-No striking the face, neck, or groin.

The winner of this tournament shall receive a fabulous prize!

Archery Competition

Beginning immediately after the Martial Tournament, five targets shall be set up. Each archer will be allowed 5 arrows. Whoever can shoot the most accurately wins 50 gold!

Rockball

A children’s game played in the Land of Ice and Blades, Rockball involves two teams of five throwing small stones at each other. To prevent injury upon this happy day, we shall use small satchels of seeds. The rules are as follows:
-If you are struck by a stone, you are eliminated.
-If you catch a stone that is thrown at you, the thrower is eliminated.
-If you step outside the boundaries of the playing field or cross onto your opponent’s side, you are eliminated.
-The last team with any players left advances.

The winning team shall receive 100 gold to divide however they choose.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds