An Experiment of Psychotherapy

04 May 2015 22:45 #1 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
An Experiment of Psychotherapy was created by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
(OOG: Not Kanas.)

Wotcher,

I am Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins, and I am inclined to performing an experiment in the Travance proper during what you folks call Marketfaire, and maybe on the Friday night before as well. My goal of this is to introduce and implement a form of psychological aid called psychotherapy. What is this you may ask? Well, psychotherapy is a practice where somebody who is mentally or emotionally distraught would speak to a physician, the end result often be positive change and a peaceful alternative to solving a particular problem, or an answer to certain personal questions. In a calm and safe space, the patient would be encouraged to vocalize their thoughts in order to find an understanding about themselves and an answer to personal questions or dilemma they face. This practice has been a recently mainstream method of psychological aid, and has seen practice in aiding in the recovery of soldiers who participated in the Demon Wars that plagued Londwyn.

Why am I doing this? I am doing this because I wish to provide a service for the health of the people of Travance. Health itself being more than just the physical health. This idea of psychotherpy is for the sake of one's emotional and mental health. As a physician, I seek to help people, and through my studies and my experiences I have learned that pain is not just in the body. You remember what you suffer. Your experiences, conflicts, and losses cause damage to your psyche, as well as your well-being. I wish to alleviate that pain, and help with the recovery and betterment of the people of Travance. In this experiment, I am seeing what kind of impact this can make for the better.

I am setting up an area within the inn, and will be providing tea and biscuits for those who participate. There is no fee, but donations are strongly encouraged, as they will go to the Howd Orphanage run by Ms. Matilda Catchlove. If this goes swimmingly, I hope to run this psychotherapy station whenever I am in the proper. I hope to meet many of you through this and I will help to the best of my ability.

For health, happiness and a good brew,

Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Tobias
  • Thank Yous: 72
14 May 2015 00:06 #2 by Tobias (Tobias)
Replied by Tobias (Tobias) on topic An Experiment of Psychotherapy
Dr. Goggins,

It's splendid to see some further research into the field being implemented in Travance. I myself has made use of a number of these aid techniques in my practice here. If you wish to compare notes in a confidential and ethical manner, feel free to contact me by missive or in the Proper.

To others- proactive mental health is a valuable service you can do for yourself, like tending a wound or mending your armor. I encourage you to seek out a practitioner you are comfortable with- and they need not be a physician. Having people you can confide in can often reveal if you need further treatment- at which point a Physician can be involved as necessary. For those without someone to confide in, perhaps Dr. Goggins would be a suitable professional.

Dr. Tobias Armitage.

Tobias Armitage-
OOG- Jason Feldman

Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds