Announcement re; Church of Light, Travance and the Monastery

• Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
23 Jun 2015 07:20 #1 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Announcement re; Church of Light, Travance and the Monastery was created by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Good morning,

Last Feast(June) the Pontiff graced the Proper with his presence.

At that time he made the following announcements in regards to the Church of Light, Travance.

1. The Church of Light is to be split into four parts, one for each of the Deities of Light.
2. Each one of the new Churches of Light will have one or more individuals who will act as senior priests or clerics. The senior priests will be known as High Priest/ess, the senior clerics will be known as Faith Protectors.
3. Individuals who are baptized to particular deities will be encouraged to first go to someone from their Church for issues. For example, if a Gaian has a question in regards to his faith and myself and Caldor are sitting in the inn, he would go to Caldor. On the other hand, if there is no Gaian at the inn and I'm there, then I would, of course, help.

4. Lastly, the Pontiff has come to believe that one of the things that is limiting the Church of Light is the Monastery. Therefore he has chosen to sell the Monastery and donate the money to the poor and homeless. Written bids are being accepted now. The Pontiff has made clear that this is not simply a search for the highest bidder and he reserves the right to refuse certain sellers(and no, he didn't specify specifically what certain sellers would be refused). Also, any buyers will need to negotiate for a small number of beds to be taken by clergy who would otherwise be homeless. Please submit written bids to the seneschal.

Please note that an end date for bids has not been set. I can say that the bidding will not end earlier than the end of the summer to give all parties time to gather funds and also for me to help facilitate a new place to live for as many clergy as possible.

If you have any questions, please let me know via private missive.

Nobility, please seriously consider disallowing responses. Statements in regards to the Church historically have generated discussion that is less than polite and I do not see this posting going any differently.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Jun 2015 08:15 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Announcement re; Church of Light, Travance and the Monastery
Per Mr. Cooper's request, this discussion shall not go any further here. The bidding process is to be directed to the Seneschal, as per his note.

By my hand,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds