Regarding My Recent Execution

17 Aug 2015 22:13 - 07 Sep 2015 21:40 #1 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Regarding My Recent Execution was created by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
[oog: written in a neatly flowing brush script on a rather grubby, blood-smeared piece of parchment that bears with it a stale odor and a few smudged fingerprints]

Let it be known that although I am an admitted criminal I have now paid the price with my head at the hand of Lord Gideon Weaveforger as deemed just and fair by the Count himself. I have been stripped of my weapons and the colours of my land and deprived of my freedom of travel until such time as my Lord deems their return earned and appropriate. I will do everything in my power to rebuild trust with the citizens of Travance but I do not expect forgiveness.

I ask you all to consider that, because I have already paid for my crimes and Justice has already been carried out, any further attempts on my life or attempts to hold or question me against my will would themselves be considered crimes under our laws.

If you still feel personally aggrieved in regard to my actions I suggest you speak to Lord or Lady Blackthorne.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2015 21:40 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Aug 2015 00:04 - 18 Aug 2015 00:10 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Ketryn,

Despite your crimes, despite your punishment, and despite your reasonable unwillingness to forgive yourself, know that even now you are worthy of redemption. More often than not, townsmembers focus on the terrible and tragic events in the past that either befell them or they themselves committed, rather than the light inside them. You can choose to believe me or not, but that light even exists in you, dimmed though it may be at the moment. Your moral failings do not define you as a person and they never will.

--Nalick

Last edit: 18 Aug 2015 00:10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
18 Aug 2015 01:09 #3 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Citizens of Travance, please allow me to further expand upon this situation as to shed more light upon this subject.

My patient Ketryn had been suffering from supernatural delusions brought upon her by the malpractice of one Doctor and was allowed continue by the negligence of another Doctor. The moment that this information had been brought to our attention Doctor Darkwood and myself acted quickly to remedy this problem before it could persist. The operation to remove the supernatural affliction was a success. The patient is now fully cured of what had ailed her previously and has now returned to her normal state of being.

Her actions were brought upon by her state of duress. I have seen similar situations where others were hypnotized and forced to act against their wishes, harming allies and loved ones. This situation is one in the same. Though the loss of lives is not something we should downplay in any way, the blame should be on the shoulders of the negligent Doctors, not on the patient who had suffered from the afflictions.

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
18 Aug 2015 09:08 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Kaladonia stands beside Alisandria in this regard. Should any crime befall Ketryn, I will personally attend to those who perpetrated it, alongside Lord & Lady Blackthorne.

Travance often fights against injustice and extremism. Let us not perpetrate it ourselves.

By my hand,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
18 Aug 2015 11:27 #5 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
In Loez, you murder someone, you are executed. In Londwyn. Selendrias. Glangsdale. Should you somehow be brought back, you are ever afterwards treated with just suspicion and carefully monitored. In Travance, you are sent to bed without supper, then patted on the head and given a cookie. Why is this? What makes a person who lives here so vastly different and deserving of special treatment? When every single lowly peasant or brigand is treated the same, I will consider retracting this, as it is truth, and thus should be heard.

Those before have spoken of laying blame upon others, and that moral failings do not define a person.

Wrong.

That is exactly what defines a person. Imperfections and failings are what differentiates one from the countless other mouth-breathing sheep in the world. Why take that away, unless to make the one just another mindless follower, no more unique or capable of thought and independence than a homunculus?

If trust is immediately handed to one without thought or reason, if it is not earned, what good is it? Let the trust have meaning. Have value. Or the next time, perhaps you will find that trust pinned to your back with a dagger when the "poor little victim" backslides or relapses.

Food for thought.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Sannyiah Amarie Na (Syn)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Aug 2015 12:26 - 18 Aug 2015 12:26 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
S,

We both know that Ms. Shiverthorn's punishment was more severe than going to bed without supper.

That said, we do agree on something. There is indeed nothing about anyone who lives here in this town, that makes them more deserving of special treatment than those anywhere else. Where we part ways, is in how each of us believes that man or that woman should be treated after serving his or her sentence.

What message does it send, that after serving your sentence, you are still treated as a criminal, that your dignity is still kept in a locked chest on a high shelf?

Imperfections and failings have a role in shaping who you are as a person, but not completely. What I am suggesting, is that someone guilty of murder emerges from a jail after time served, viewing themselves not as "So-and-so the murderer," but as themselves. Honestly, what would make the relapse more likely is the endless torment they receive upon their exit from prison.

Society would be better served and safer for it, treating that person with love.

--Nalick

Last edit: 18 Aug 2015 12:26 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
18 Aug 2015 12:31 #7 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Miss Ketryn,

Allow me to extend to you my healing services should you be in need. I can counsel you in how to deal with these tragedies and how to restore yourself to a whole being. The physicians have healed your mind. If you wish it I will help you heal your spirit.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
18 Aug 2015 17:12 - 18 Aug 2015 17:12 #8 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Ketryn,

As I said before, that Darkness was not your own. So, you're already way ahead of the game! I promise you, learning to trust yourself and life again is not an easy journey, but an amazing adventure filled with discoveries about yourself and the world around you. And should you ever want a hand... or an ear... I won't ever turn you away.
Please do believe this is possible. It is! But you never really notice how heavy the cloak of despair is until you take it off.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2015 17:12 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
05 Sep 2015 21:32 #9 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
(OOG: Haphazardly tacked onto the bottom of the last piece of attached parchment.)

Really?

The law as I understand it does not excuse breaking of the law due to insanity. However even this is hardly upheld equally and fully. Some people get more chances than even anyone should give to not break the law and still they do. People use the defense of "I couldn't help it" because of their insanity, and are pardoned or let off with a warning or small fine. I accept that I am insane, and that my actions have consequences, yet at the first sense that I might be doing something off or wrong I am up on the chopping block for what seems to be treason of the highest quality when people who regularly commit assault get some stern words and jokes.

When one person gives into their insanity and commits crimes of a high caliber they are welcomed back into society with open arms, told that it's okay and that it's not their fault. However when a knowingly insane person attempts to control their insanity, thusly breaking an insignificant law in order to save lives, they get kicked out of town, deemed a traitor and become a pariah? Why is it that peoples perceptions of the person in question defines what punishment they get and it's severity? Why is it that everyone else gets to get a chance at rebuilding trust even when they commit murder and treason, but my husband gets cast out for hurting someone's ego and is now unable to return?

So this is how backwards Travance is, do any of you even read or think about what you do or say? For a people that say they wish to see the "good" in everyone, apparently you all only mean when it's convenient for you. How can any of you trust each other when those who claim disorder is unhelpful cannot even act in a consistent matter? So please Harbingers of Justice please inform me. Why can't the law covers it's citizens equally?

I am willing to accept the consequences for my actions.
Why aren't the rest of you?

Where is this line? Does one just need to be liked enough to receive pardons or less severe sentences? Why is okay to let one person seek absolution but the other cannot despite his willingness to die for the town and for his freedom to live in this town.

Why Travance?
Why are some of you allowed to have happiness and skirt the law but some of us aren't allowed to just because there are some of your opinions of us are less than exemplary?

Why are you all content with allowing such things to happen? This is a detriment to all of us. How can one be sure that one is going to be protected under the law we are forced to follow if it can't even be carried out consistently? How do you know that you won't be the next one chased out of town just because someone doesn't like you? You can't.

Travance it's time to understand that if following the laws is inescapable at least demand that it's carried out without bias.

-Avaiiden Earfalas

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • GJSchaller
05 Sep 2015 22:21 #10 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
The difference is, whether you feel remorse for your actions after the fact, and will take steps to not do it again. Ketryn has stated clearly and in public "I will do everything in my power to rebuild trust with the citizens of Travance but I do not expect forgiveness."

Orophin did no such thing. In fact, he actively set out to break the laws again.

I hope that is clear enough for you.

Steward of Elvalion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
05 Sep 2015 22:26 - 06 Sep 2015 20:09 #11 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Sep 2015 20:09 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon)
  • GJSchaller
05 Sep 2015 22:50 #12 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
I have reason to believe otherwise. If you feel I am in error, you are welcome to come speak to me, and I will ensure Lord Tartaros is there to represent you.

I will either stand true, or stand corrected. Right now, it's your word against the evidence that says otherwise. I offer you the chance to prove me wrong.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
05 Sep 2015 23:00 #13 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
It's good to see you're still around, Orophin.

~Ib

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
05 Sep 2015 23:13 - 05 Sep 2015 23:14 #14 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Lord Weaveforger,

As Orophin is a vassal of Ostcliff the Count has granted me the authority to bring Orophin before him and discuss what had transpired. Orophin has been compliant and willing to come forward and answer for these transgressions but the proper time has not presented itself. However, I have spoken with the Count and this should be rectified soon. If you would like to speak to me in private about this, I would be happy to discuss with you.

As a general notice to all: until such time that I deliver Orophin to the Count he is under my protection and any attacks upon him, will be treated as an attack against myself.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 23:14 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon)
05 Sep 2015 23:26 #15 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Glad to hear you are in good health Orophin. I admit worry.

My various Lords, Ladies, Knights and Dames,
I will be present at this meeting.

Men of Our Word,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Sep 2015 08:11 #16 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Sir Cypher and Orophin,

Not only would I like to be present at this meeting but if all possible I would like the chance to speak with Orophin. I have questions that I believe must be answered, if for no other reason then the friendship I once held so dear.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • GJSchaller
06 Sep 2015 09:02 #17 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Sir Cypher, my apologies, I hadn't realized he had vassaled to Ostcliff - I had still thought he was with Drega'Mire. No slight to anyone was intended.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
06 Sep 2015 13:22 #18 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
(OOG: The note is written plainly and in very straight lines.)

Let us not disregard Ava's statement.

She has a valid point. There is a clear imbalance in the way the laws are carried out among Travancians.

There have been those who flout the laws without punishment. Ketryn has killed many innocent people who cannot come back through the Phokus like we can. She committed treason against the town.

Her punishment is a slap on the wrist.

I apologize to speak against you Lord Gideon, but while there are those who truly show remorse for their actions, there are an equal amount of those who are also skilled in deceit.

I have privately expressed my discontent for the ruling of her punishment, but now I am compelled to express this openly. Corrupted or not, those who tip the scale in one direction need to rectify the balance. Her execution does not make up for the loss and suffering she caused.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
06 Sep 2015 13:40 - 06 Sep 2015 13:45 #19 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
There are many deeply felt opinions expressed here, regarding Ketryn. There are also separate issues brought to the fore, regarding Orophin. It is wise not to confuse each issue with the particulars of the other, for each case is distinctly different.

Ketryn was executed for Treason and the multiple counts of Murder she confessed to. The pertinent facts from my perspective are: She confessed. Her mental state, though not absolving her of a crime, was altered and what altered it has now been fixed. I am interested to know how much further we must go to exact what some seem to call Justice, but in reality, in my opinion is merely Revenge?

Orophin's case had not mental state alteration, nor had he confessed, being guilty by witness of the crime he is accused of. He has since fled Justice and allowed time to pass, which some consider a means to lighten the sentence of a crime. Being a Fugitive from Justice is a crime in itself, is it not? Sir Jack has sought to mediate, by bringing Orophin to the Count. That is his right by virute of being a Noble, [strike]Lord Tartaros, however, is Orophin's Leige and I wonder at his view of this situation. [/strike]

In any event, the Nobles are charged with the responsibility to adjudicate this matter. Sir Jack has staked his reputation and prestige on Orophin's conduct, and barring any other ruling by a Noble higher in station, there are no challenges to that. Likewise the Count himself adjudicated the case regarding Ketryn, in a manner that he found fitting and within his purview as ruling Noble. It is unseemly to challenge that, and I urge others to stay their tongue publicly. If your concerns must be heard, seek your Lord, to petition for you, privately.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2015 13:45 by Templar Aldric (Selrik). Reason: Correction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
06 Sep 2015 14:17 #20 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
I will state this very clearly and publicly. Orophin did not flee from Justice. From the moment these allegations were brought against him, I sought him out and he immediately confessed and was more than willing to come forward and fall to the sword should that be the case. The only reason this has taken so long was that we were waiting for the Count to afford us proper arrangements to have this situation dealt it. To my knowledge Orophin was in a severely altered mental state and was currently being treated by a physician. I have consulted with the physician in question and am awaiting their most recent assessment of his mental condition.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
06 Sep 2015 14:26 #21 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
(Written plainly and in straight lines)

Do not misunderstand my view, Brother Aldric.

I do not wish for revenge.

I wish for balance to be reinstated.

Ketryn owns an orchard. To further repay what she owes, she should send food and money to those she caused harm.

I am simply saying that an execution is not enough for those who can go through the Phokus multiple times, especially when the crime was killing those who can not return.

I will reiterate: Those she killed can not return. She, however, can.

Do you see the imbalance?

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Sep 2015 14:34 - 06 Sep 2015 14:35 #22 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)

I will reiterate: Those she killed can not return. She, however, can.

Do you see the imbalance?

I do Squire, do not misunderstand me, either. There are two things at play, Justice and Law. Its the hardest thing to reconcile both. Nobles, to which one day you will ascend, have to make decisions based on their areas of responsibility. Those decisions are hard to make. It is not for us to second guess them. Perhaps, this will be something you confront when you are Knighted.

Justice in this instance could be served with reparations. I even urge Ketryn to consider doing so. The Count however decreed an Execution was warranted, I know of no other penalty. So without a further decree, that stands. That is Law.

Sir Jack, your statement stands on its own. Your noble title requires that of me. The Count will be judge of Orophin's deeds, not I.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2015 14:35 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
06 Sep 2015 15:07 #23 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Keavy,

All this talk of balance. Yet you apologize when you go to upset it. Your foray into nobility has obviously affected your brain more than the insanities your chaos grants you.

People and their leadership are unable to maintain balance. You can sit here and try and reinstate it, you can write novels on restoring this balance but your very act of speaking out breaks it. It breaks the order you have now sworn to enforce. I applaud you for it. Now if only you could let that side show more often.

-Ava

Storyteller / Marshal
06 Sep 2015 17:36 #24 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Might be you lot should settle this in person like adults. Might be this is a waste of paper. You lot will do what you'll do, but arguing on here is a waste of time.

-Bran

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Sep 2015 18:21 #25 by Narcis (ChrisR)
It seems that now all the chaos warriors suddenly have opinions on this topic.

How Surprising,
-Ava

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Sep 2015 19:24 #26 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Keavy,

I beg of you please tell me what I have missed in my study and knowledge of chaos. I have yet to understand, no matter how many times you have tried to explain this to me, that the abyssal power of demons is able to enforce balance and order.

When you use chaos to change the alignment of an enemy you are invading their mind and forcibly changing their alignment. You are creating chaos within their head and taking away their free will. You are using the chaos to your advantage, yes, but you are not restoring something that is missing. You are only creating more chaos, the way a demon would, to achieve your end goal. It is not real order it is chaos.

Furthermore, when I reached the height of my training so far I have been able to manifest a similar like effect to a demons mind. This is not orderly, I suffer because I allow my mind to devolve into such chaos.

As far as I am concerned and am aware we wield abyssal power,

There is no real balance in chaos, only the illusion thereof, if even that.

And that is okay. Society will flourish because of the chaos we wield.

-Ava

Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem)
06 Sep 2015 19:25 #27 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
I would be more than happy to discuss how my God works. However until that conversation, Justice and Law, are both important. Without Law, Justice quickly gets lost. Without Justice, Law becomes oppressive. One without the other cannot stand. That is a balance on its own.

I would caution on ever being able to balance suffering. Even seeking that is to invite darkness. Justice is not punishment. To think that inflicting suffering can bring about Justice is wrong. It may be a necessary requirement but it is not the end itself. The reparations you suggested may work far better, both to allow Ketryn to prove her remorse, and a way to help reverse, if only slightly, the damage she caused. If she finds joy in doing it, so much the better. That it come voluntarily, may be her road to redemption.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
06 Sep 2015 19:31 - 06 Sep 2015 19:32 #28 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Ava you are a fool ye ken. We do nae wield Abyssal energy it is demons who also tap into chaos plane, like witch hunters who tap into the positive energy plane. Ye ken nothing Ava. We are not anything like demons if anyt'ing they are like us. When ye aren't bein' corrupted by Oriphin's or Malyc's lies ye will see sense and how the world and planes actually work.

chaos and abyss not synonymous. Ye are a fool

William McKraegar

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Last edit: 06 Sep 2015 19:32 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
06 Sep 2015 19:36 #29 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Abyss is actually synonymous with Chaos as Arawyn is synonymous with Order.

To refer to a "plane of positive energy" would best be referring to the Material Realm and as such, the Abyss functions as our opposing realm.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Narcis (ChrisR)
06 Sep 2015 19:40 #30 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
I dinnae agree but I take your word for now. I am gonna go find out at the creation of it I t'ink. bye...

Slightly Sane Billliamm

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds