• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
06 Sep 2015 22:23 #31 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Who tore down my post?

Why was it taken down?

Did I offend? I did not think I made an offensive statement.

I never stated that I considered using chaos to create order. That would be impossible. I am aware of both sides. I am stating that one cannot exist without the other, and if one is more present than the other, then the scale of it all needs to be tipped back to make everything level.

This would then make both chaos and order neutral entities, ideals, and energies.

It matters how it is used.

If a demon is using it to cause bad deeds then yes, it is bad, it is evil. If someone is using it to defend themselves or someone, or a place, for a good, just cause, then it is good.

This doesn't only extend to the physical energies that are present, it also makes sense for the ideals. You can have good chaos, such as a festival with many, many people celebrating and while some mayhem may be involved, the intention is still for good.

And with that can come bad order, like silencing your people. Subjucation. Manipulation.

These are the things that need to be kept in check.

In terms of chaos and the abyss, I am aware that we draw from the abyssal plane. However, like I stated above, it is what we do with that power that defines us as chaos warriors. I have put it upon myself, as a Dreadnaught, to understand and embrace my own chaos, both as an energy and as an idea, and make it my duty to make sure neither complete anarchy, nor total restriction is making the scale uneven.

This is my code. And I know other warriors who would agree with me. If I have to disown my squireship for this code then I will. Nothing will change if there isn't a rock thrown into the water.

And just so everyone is aware, while we are all against the deaths caused by Ketryn, the corrupted, the tortured, the Huntress, and she should still be disgraced for them, her messages that sparked treason live on in this very debate we have thrown. Think about it.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
06 Sep 2015 23:51 #32 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Keavy,

Who cares if you offended someone? You should not be showing respect to someone who blatantly tore down your post. Might as well have not said anything at that point.

Is it still good if that energy, regardless of how it's used is destructive? As Lord Tartaros stated, the abyss is this planes directly opposing plane. Every time one of us draw upon our power, we cause instability to our own plane.

This would mean that when you attempt to balance the scale in one direction you're tipping the scale in the opposite direction as well. So yes, you may have saved someone using the techniques granted to us by chaos but you also created instability on our plane. Assuming that these two acts have a similar value, which is subjective as is this whole idea of a scale, you would have not moved the scale in any direction, it would have stayed in the same spot.

What I am trying to say has nothing to do with the morality or ethics of the energy we use. I merely aim to inform that our power is destructive regardless of the intent you give it. When I use it to kill an enemy I cause instability in this plane. When you use it to save someone, you cause instability in this plane. Whether this trade off is worth it to you so be it. I can't stop you. However if your goal is to only promote "good" with no backlash this will not do it. The ramifications of trying to balance this scale with chaos, you are risking more than you think you are. That is all I wish to inform you of.

But why balance this scale anyway?
Why is this scale so important?
Why be so invested in others to this degree?
Why care?

-Ava.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
06 Sep 2015 23:54 #33 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
You are actively spreading misinformation and claiming that as a servant of Chaos it is your duty to maintain Order. So yes, I am offended that you make a mockery of what it means to be a keeper of balance.

Order does not need Chaos to exist. Learn the history of the powers you call on before trying to justify destroying the plane you call home.

Chaos is total anarchy. It is not Mayhem, it does not exist on the spectrum of morality, it simply is the antithesis of any balance upon it. It is not one side of the scale, it is the scale lying on its side in disrepair. Order is the natural state of all things. It is not inherently good or evil, and neither is Chaos. Chaos is the total destruction of all living things on Arawyn; regardless of your intentions, regardless of what you use it for, for every action there is a consequence - in this case, a consequence much graver than anything you are attempting to right.

I don't care what your intentions are. The scales cannot be balanced with even a hint of Chaos involved.

Praise be unto Visagalis,

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
07 Sep 2015 00:35 #34 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Please.
None of you have the faintest idea of what negative energy really means. Your fear of demons and their power has blinded you all on both sides of this so called "spectrum". This chaos "energy" is just negative emotions, such as fear doubt and anger. What you lack the wisdom to see is that our "world" is as hopeless dependent on it as it is fire energy from the plane of fire itself. Chaos breads change; the very changes that allowed us to defeat the very demons that were trying to overwhelm us with chaotic madness. If we still relied on the order and structure of the old weave, and the power we had before Xualla would have killed us all. You took in, for such a brief time, chaos and darkness and light and order and fire and ice and all other things at once. That is what this world is. That is the only way we can hope to stand against such foes. Yet here you stand once again arguing over technicalities over what source energy comes from when you alienate the very people you call allies.
Travance, and Arawyn will be hopelessly divided until such time you learn that it is not the energy a person wields that makes them a decent individual. It is the strength of their character, and who they put aside their opinions for in order to live in actual harmony. The resonance of souls black and white working together against the common enemy that is the void, and the lords of the Abyss who seek nothing but to plug us into said void that will finally flout out that which is truly our greatest enemy.
Stop fixating on why you hate your neighbor, and start asking who your allies really are.

O. E.

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Caelvan (Caelvan), Keavy (Dani), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
07 Sep 2015 01:28 - 07 Sep 2015 01:58 #35 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution

Tim P wrote: Stop fixating on why you hate your neighbor, and start asking who your allies really are.

O. E.

Who among you has committed no wrong?
Who among you has made no mistake?
Who among you has not struck down another in anger or fear or in the thrall of a power that far exceeds your own?

We focus so much on our differences that it creates chaos. And bullying. Perhaps we can focus on what we all have in common; the desire to be happy.

There are bad things in this world. Bad, powerful things; influences that feed on our moments of weakness... And we all have them. We all fight our own Darkness. Every. Single. Day.

Sometimes we are vulnerable. And sometimes we succumb. It doesn't mean we can't fight our way back up. But we have to have the strength inside of us to do so. Some of us find it. Some of us don't. Sometimes we need help. Perhaps offering a hand to help the person back up rather than a boot to kick them back down is a better solution.

What if it happened to you?

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 07 Sep 2015 01:58 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
07 Sep 2015 21:57 #36 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
To those who have called my beheading a "mere slap on the wrist" why not offer your own neck if it is such a small thing? Your words are an insult to the fair and honest judgement of your Nobles and superiors. If you feel disquiet I suggest you speak to them rather than questioning their authority in little ticky tacky pieces of paper and scribbled words. Who knows? A slip of the quill and maybe your head really will be next.

Those of you unwilling to face the consequences of your own actions are cowards- including you, Orophin, if it is true what they say about you having fled. But such judgement is left to the hands of your Lord and the Count and it is not my place to question it.

Keavy, by all means feel free to seek your own form of Balance (or whatever you call it) but consider that you would be disobeying your own Lord and your actions too would have consequences. Death would free me, but for now I labor on the harder path I have chosen and I am doing what I must to seek answers.

If you truly wish to settle this the way you suggest at least have the gall to strike me in the daylight under the witness of your fellow Travancians. The Inn seems a fair place for such an attempt. I'll make no attempt to hide. Consider that your own Lord offered me a great mercy by taking my head. The Count himself was prepared to see me hanged. I suppose you witnessed this but I don't recall as my eyes were fixed on that noose.

As for apples from orchards- they are not mine to give. I maintain the fruits of my labor as an ongoing gift to Lord and Lady Blackthorne. They may do with them as they wish. Keavy, are you suggesting that property and land be stripped from Alisandria and turned over to Kaladonia?

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 Sep 2015 22:11 #37 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Regarding My Recent Execution
Enough.

No more baiting. No more quibbling. No more undermining. NO MORE POSTS REGARDING THIS TOPIC.

If you have a problem with the Count's sentence, you can bring it up with him, in person.

There will be no reparations from one land to another. Alisandira, as a land, is not responsible for Ketryn's actions.

Squire Keavy, we will discuss your conduct in private.

Should any post follow this one, I expect the full wrath of Kaladonia, Alisandria, and the Count to focus upon them. NO EXCEPTIONS, other than the Lords, Ladies, or Count himself.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Edward Walker (Liam), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Angry (Angryman86), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Sannyiah Amarie Na (Syn)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds