Update to Trade Regulations of Travance

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
06 Sep 2015 17:07 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Update to Trade Regulations of Travance was created by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Please be advised that the trade regulations have been updated to reflect updated pricing of normal goods, as well as addition of pricing for new types of goods and materials discovered in recent years. They can be found in the Baronial Library here: www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronia...onomy-in-arawyn.html

As a general reminder, all merchants must obtain a merchant's license before selling their wares in Travance. Anyone who owns a business has already paid for their license as part of their startup costs.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mordra GraLucia (Mordra), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Sep 2015 18:37 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
May as well blame the increase in the price of wine on me.

-Nalick

• Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
06 Sep 2015 21:26 #3 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
I assume any special items that would under academia are at the seller/buyer discretion?

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Sep 2015 21:51 #4 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
Correct - anything unlisted is at buyer/seller discretion.

As a reminder, the Mage's Guild requires 10% of the sale of items of arcane power; this includes ballads and scrolls.

I am also aware the advanced medical devices are not listed. I have yet to consult with the physicians who can make such things on their pricing; the document will be updated when that is complete.

----

----
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
06 Sep 2015 22:12 #5 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
Will you be enforcing the 10% for the guild of mages...or are the, the guild of mages, going to be do so?

As I have yet to hear from either you or the group as to this tax and its collection.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
08 Sep 2015 04:04 #6 by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23)
Replied by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
I am quite confused, madam. How can a weapon made of Mithril only cost between 23 and 46 gold? A two handed weapon of such material would be 80 gold worth of material alone.

Captain Wolfgang Vayne
Captain of The Tidesbane
Founder of Sun Seeker Merchants

OOG- Nick Cirranello
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
08 Sep 2015 10:55 #7 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
These are the costs given to me by Lord Weaveforger for the smith's time and skill in crafting such an armament; they do not include the cost of the materials themselves. I have added a line to reflect this, as well as a similar one for potions.

This formatting of this document has not changed in 9 years. Nothing has changed but the prices themselves, and the addition of pricing guidelines for new types of goods.

As to the Mage Guild tax, that is up to the Guildmistress to decide how (or even if) to collect. This is a constant throughout the kingdom - the trade of arcane items is governed by the Mage's Guild of Kormyre, and that includes halting the sale of such things. Consider it a reminder to keep good records if you plan on selling anything of that nature.

----

----
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
08 Sep 2015 12:04 #8 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Update to Trade Regulations of Travance
What of listing food stuffs not covered under the regulations? As our town has grown & many visitors have appeared, there seems to be an influx of many, varied things to eat. Are all foodstuff to be considered the same as the "Bread & Cheese" value?

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
08 Sep 2015 12:18 #9 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
If someone wants to sell jellied yak brains for 10 gold a head they can go right ahead. The average pricing of common foodstuffs is given - as it has been, I reiterate, for the past 9 years - in order to give potential buyers a baseline of reference.

----

----
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds