The Great Lie

12 Sep 2015 20:29 - 12 Sep 2015 20:31 #1 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
The Great Lie was created by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Long ago when humanity was young and our world much different the Druids of old practiced their craft to preserve Arawyn. Their knowledge was split into five domains, Flora, Vitality, Fauna, Tempest, and Decay. With the five domains the world was strong, stronger then than it is now. But the art of Decay was [strike]lost to us[/strike] stolen from us.

Heinous creatures called the Blighted sought to end the world hatched a cunning plan. They crafted the Great Lie. The Great Lie that to Decay was evil. It started with the common people, the blighted whispered the lie into their ears until they all looked at the Druids with deep suspicion for though we could bring life we could also bring death. The Great Lie spread to the Druids until we started hunting our own kind for practicing an essential power of Arawyn. And for centuries we all believed this lie.

Last night we uncovered the truth. And an ancient druid revealed to us the lie we had believed. We had thought that the Domain of Decay was Dark, Evil, Unnatural, but we were wrong. Decay is just a part of the great cycle of life and death. Its practice is essential to the survival of Arawyn. Many of both laymen and druid may still fear the art of decay. To you offer this explanation of its nature.

Decay is the process by which Arawyn transfers energy from the dead into the living. It is the Mulch in your garden. It is the manure on your fields. It the natural process by which that which dies feeds that which lives. It is like how the food in your belly is broken down to be used. It is in short how Arawyn eats and without this power our planet was slowly starving to death.

The Blighted stole the power of decay and corrupted it using it to steal power from Arawyn and reinforce the Great Lie that to use decay was evil. And so long as the druids of refused to use decay and believed it to be a vile thing their Great Lie became a Veil of Deceit hiding the Blighted from our sight. With the return of the Domain of Decay they can no longer hide from us.

To the people of Travance in the coming months you may see the druids of your lands doing strange things. You may see things rot in our hands. You may find some of us wearing skulls, bones and rotting furs. Do not fear these druids as we have in the past. Do not lash out at them. Do not fall again to the Great Lie. Do not make my mistake.

Finally, to those who have told me this all along. Those who I have hurt while I believed the Great Lie. I am sorry. I was wrong. I believed the Great Lie and was blinded by the Veil of Deceit. I could not see that I was wrong. But now I do. Please accept my sincere apology.

Defend the Cycle,

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Last edit: 12 Sep 2015 20:31 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507).
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
14 Sep 2015 23:34 - 14 Sep 2015 23:38 #2 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
Replied by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra) on topic The Great Lie
I am not a study of druidics but I do take interest in anything that could fight off the Fields of Fallow. As you, Heirophant, and the Druids of Travance are already aware, I am seeking any means to push back, cleanse, or kill the the fields, even if temporary.

I look forward to any progress you are able to make with this new Season. If you are able take energy from the dead and transfer it to the living then Decay might just be the very weapon we have been missing against Fallow. It makes sense if Fallow came to power when Decay was stolen.

If you are in need of scholarly assistance or are able to elaborate on these new reclaimed abilities please do not hesitate to seek me out, Heirophant.

In Service,

Mordra GraLucia
Chancellor of Alisandria
Champion of Enax
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 23:38 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds