The Teachings of Gaia

16 Sep 2015 11:42 #1 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
The Teachings of Gaia was created by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
All,

This past feast I was blessed to meet with Gaia, and though a series of lessons and interactions, have received the gift of her newly revised tenants and teachings which I am pleased to share with you all. Would that I could share the glorious leaves upon which these divine words were received, but for now the words will suffice.

As always, words and writing are not my strongest point, so if there are errors, I apologize.

I hope to be able to discuss this in greater detail next moon with my fellow Gaians, followers of the light or those considering becoming one, to fully explore the glory of these teachings.

The teachings read as follows:

Blessed are the followers of Gaia, the Champions of life.
Continue to defeat death whenever possible. Feed the hungry, heal the inured, and cure the sick. Allow no living soul to fall into such misery that ending ones own life seems like the only way. Seek to protect the ill and infirm from those who would say that their deaths would be a kindness.
Challenge the exploitation of nature but understand that the natural order deems cultivation of crops and husbanding of animals are necessary for the continuation of life.
Be ever unwilling to accept that the death of any one person is tolerable. However, accept the inescapability that when Her Grace fails to sway, the death of a villainous soul who poses an immediate and direct threat to the lives of innocent people is sometimes necessary.
Continue to promote resolutions that will not result in death, but learn to accept that at times the only way to preserve life is fighting in Her name. This fight is to be carried forward by Her clerics. However the holy warriors must never strike a blow to any living creature that will deliberately send the opponent into a critical state of health.
View all lives as sacred to this world. The gods of light have granted life to all beings, and those who seek to taint or destroy it are the greatest affront to Her design.
When dealing with enemies of the faith, always afford them a chance to surrender and live before resorting to violence.
Blessed are the followers of Gaia for you are the champions of life.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus), Annora (Karen), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds