Advice from a Smith

• Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
16 Sep 2015 22:51 - 16 Sep 2015 22:52 #1 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Advice from a Smith was created by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Over the past few months I have noticed that there are many who do not know what skills a smith has. Of course we are capable of making weapons, armor, and other armaments of excellent quality, but there are other techniques we know that can make fighters even more effective in combat.

Of course many veterans of Travance are familiar with these techniques. This advice is not for them, but for those who are new to the town.

Weapon Honing – Smiths are capable of honing weapons to make them more potent in battle. Be it sharpening a sword or reweighting a club to make its hit harder.

Tempering Weapons – By superheating and cooling the metals of your weapon we are able to make it sturdier and harder to break. With this technique we can make a simple steel sword as durable as mithril.

Balance Armor – By redistributing the weight and making proper adjustments to armor, we can make it, and you, more resistant to attacks.

There are other techniques that we are capable of using on your armaments but these three I recommend everyone have done at the beginning of every feast.

There are many smiths around who can do these including myself, Lord Gideon, Rudy, Edmund, and Elric. If you are able to do this and I did not name you please feel free to say so below. Also if you have questions or are looking to learn these techniques. Smithing is an knowledge that is meant to be shared and taught.

Burkhart Jarlson

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
Last edit: 16 Sep 2015 22:52 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds