Travance at War

01 Dec 2015 13:28 #1 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Travance at War was created by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Lieutenant Grimkjell asked that I post this here in the Tavern for the public to see. I do not claim supreme knowledge of the topic, and invite anyone to add their knowledge to these notes. It is in time of War that we must unite and offer each other the support to defend our home.

May Valos guide your sword arm, and His shield be upon us all.

(A note is pinned to the board, below)
On Undead, one of the chief things to remember when dealing with them is their vulnerabilities. There are, of course, different types of Undead, and thus their weaknesses vary, but in most cases Divine and Positive Energies works to harm them most.

The weaker undead cannot stand before the might of the Gods, whose very existence denies the unnatural and causes harm to the Undead's tenuous links to this Plane. Brandishing a holy symbol, one of the Clergy can force a weaker undead to cower and avoid the power of the Gods. However, with the Greater Undead, whom have greater fell Will, only the spiritual might of a Templar can force them away.

Witch Hunters are equipped to deal with even the most powerful Undead, their ability to tap into Positive Energy hurts them greatly. Further, they can become resistant to some Undead's abilities.

Priests can also Banish the wisp of Negative Energy that is animating the construct of an Undead. This works instantly and removes the source of animation, sending it back to the Abyss.

Healers are especially powerful when confronting the Undead, as their ability to tend to the living is anathema to the Dead. Healers in a battle with undead become a greater force in combat than even the Sorcerers, their healing energy being specialized at removing corruption and death, which is all Undead are composed of. Watch our Healers work, but make sure they do not get carried away, such is their joy at sending these abominations to the Abyss. Healers are not combat hardened by and large, and someone needs to stick with them as they eradicate the foe.

For everyone else, Fire works on some Undead, while more powerful ones can be harmed by Copper in the case of Mummies. Silver may have an effect on some types as well. In most cases, simply dismantling the corpse-like body of an Undead is enough, although some types require burning the corpse to prevent it from rising again in a few minutes.

Overall, when confronted by Undead, stick together. Stragglers are a favored target for them, as they are often only capable of swarm tactics. They are no more than animated bodies, in most cases, deal with them as you would a raider on our lands. The Greater undead are a different story of course, but holding your ground is still a better tactic than scattering to the winds.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ikari Shizen (NarayanU), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
02 Dec 2015 23:03 #2 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Travance at War
Some additional notes-

Poisons, unless you have special ones, do not harm undead. They will work on necromancers-unless those necromancers are also undead. Additionally, trying to knock out an undead is unwise- they will be unaffected. Keep that in mind.

There are undead that move slowly. There are undead that run swiftly. Be extremely careful upon finding a group. If you have someone who can tell the difference, that would work well with coordination.

Keep salves on you if you can. Also, if we can make it so that necromancers cannot raise a fallen townsmember- warding their soul in effect- that would be wise.

These are my thoughts and what I know. I will be in the proper Saturday if my plans are correct.

-Mae Fang

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds