Proper Orphanage needs help.

26 Jan 2016 01:42 #1 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Proper Orphanage needs help. was created by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
The rebuilding efforts have been admirably handled by the Heroes of Travance. However, there is something important that cannot just be rebuilt. The many thousands of men and women who have died sometimes left loved ones, children, behind. We saved those we could during our march through the Barony, but now it comes time to do what we can to rebuild the lives of the Orphans we suddenly find ourselves with.

Many of the Lords and Ladies mayhap run similar houses for our homeless youth, and I urge any of you reading this missive to consider aiding us, both here in the Proper and in the Lands, in this most important mission. We cannot save everyone, but to that one child you help, it will mean the world.

It is too soon to begin accepting donations, as I have yet to assess what is most needed and where, but I ask you all to think about the plight of those who cannot defend themselves in this time of War. I will pass more information on as I confirm the details.

For now, may Valos bless thine weapon, to fight to defend those who are defenseless, and thine shield to protect those who take up arms in the name of Justice.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Sannyiah Amarie Na (Syn)
26 Jan 2016 08:32 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
Aldric,

Please come see me. I can help.

Birgitta

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
26 Jan 2016 08:34 #3 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
*NOT THALIA*

Templar,

I don't believe we have been formally introduced at this jucture, but my name is Matilda Catchlove. I currently run the Yorkshire School on the outskirts of the Proper.

Given that we are looking out for similar groups of children, if there is anything myself or my fellow teachers can do to assist, please let us know. We have space and some open beds if you need assistance, though we've taken in quite a few in the last few days ourselves. But what is ours is yours.

Sincerely,
Miss Matilda Catchlove
Matron, Yorkshire School, Travance
Headmistress, Howd Academy, Londwyn

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
26 Jan 2016 09:26 #4 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
Templar Aldric,

You have my aid where you need it. I have a personal stake in this type of work, so if you have a pressing task that needs doing, please alert me to it and I will see it done.

~ Pvt. Arradir

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Jan 2016 10:03 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
Templar Aldric,

The gods know these past several weeks have been merciful to none. Any moment I can spare, I will grant you.

-Father Nalick

• Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
26 Jan 2016 11:36 #6 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
To all,

I humbly request that we embrace all orphans, no matter what race. The destruction may have spread below and to our neighbors.

Praise be to Arawyn and all who stride to protect her.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Sannyiah Amarie Na (Syn)
26 Jan 2016 19:25 #7 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
Templar Aldric,

I am currently a bit banged up from a run in with a few blight creatures in the past few days but as soon as I have my full strength back you will have any assistance I may provide. Point me where you need me and I will do what i can.

O. Nesterin
~Tirisindë

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
26 Jan 2016 23:36 #8 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
Miss Catchlove,
I have indeed not had the pleasure of meeting you personally, but have heard of your school. It is apparent we need to pool resources to deal with the amount of children left without family. I would consider it an honor to work with you on this.

All those seeking to aid this most important work, as of right now the Orphanage requires some repair, and additions to house the increasing amount of children as we sort them from the refugee camps.

We also need assistance with managing the move from the refugee camps to the Orphanage, as well as sorting the children out. Some may be frightened and not immediately willing to accept our help.

My fear is that some may turn to the streets and abandoned homes and begin to live an almost feral existence. Without quick intervention, in a few years those children may run foul of the Law, and become a threat to safety in the Proper themselves. They need a loving home, not a prison.

To that final point I say this: We so called Heroes of Travance have been called upon to do many great and terrible things. I ask of you this day an act of even greater significance to a child. Become a Foster Parent. Any interested in becoming the single most important part of a child's life, please send me a missive with your intention. I will be conducting interviews over the next month to try and select suitable Foster placements, as well as assess the children who could benefit most from Foster care. I will inform applicants of the process as we go.

Please direct all Inquires to Templar Aldric, Proper Orphanage.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
27 Jan 2016 01:37 #9 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
( OOC: Those wishing to help with the Orphanage can do so by using a land action or two.

Choose Rebuilding as a land action if you want to help with repairs and additions to the Orphanage.

Choose Refugee Management to help with transitioning Orphans from the Refugee camps, or even the streets, to the Orphanage.

In both cases you will have to do your land actions in the Baronial Estate, Travance Proper.

As for the Foster Parent application, message Aldric privately. )

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
03 Feb 2016 14:27 #10 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic Proper Orphanage needs help.
"a hand delivered note with a wax seal"

Greetings Aldric

I am held up in Alisandria with the rebuilding effort including several orphanages. Contact me with repair and expansion plans (including purchase and razing of abandoned homes next to the orphanage) privately with financial estimates so it can be done in a short period of time.

Edmund

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
03 Feb 2016 14:43 #11 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
After an initial assessment of the actual buildings, it was found that the Orphanage had been evacuated early on and as such the area was not targeted. The buildings are intact, the focus is expanding the accommodations now, and finding room for the refugee children we are taking in.

So far, an Andorran House of Refuge, called the Heart of the Chariot, has offered to help take some children, as well as a Londwyn School.

I have started to respond to the applicants for Fostering our older children, between the ages of 6 and 12, who may be ready for moving towards graduating from the Orphanage. As soon as I can conduct interviews with each Foster I will begin the task of matching the children to their Foster. Any others who wish to apply please send me a formal note at the Orphanage in Travance Proper.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
10 Feb 2016 20:11 #12 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
I would like to humbly thank all who assisted the Orphanage this month. Not only did we manage to handle the influx of children among the refugees, but we reunited many children with family that were lost in the invasion.

The Orphanage is repaired and has enough space now to handle most of our charges. I will be getting in touch with those who have applied to Foster our children after the Feast to arrange a meeting at next Feast. I have several children in mind who need a loving home, and now are stable enough to prepare for it.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds