Test Subject

07 Feb 2016 11:59 - 08 Feb 2016 13:33 #1 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Test Subject was created by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
While I do not wish to cause alarm, one of my test subjects has gotten loose from its chains in the chaos from the loss and retaking of Travance and is currently at large.

Physical description is a standard humanoid shape of medium build, with most of its flesh either rotted or corroded away.

While its movement is greatly impaired by its injured and corroded state, it is still an undead, and thus could be considered dangerous and aggressive toward sentients. As some of the exposed surfaces do have poison and/or corrosives, contact with exposed skin is not recommended.

If any come across said test subject, please do put it down. However, notes on the state of injuries and/or decomposition would be appreciated.

In science and progress,
Dr. Nigel Whitworth

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 13:33 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
07 Feb 2016 23:02 #2 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Test Subject
Dr. Witworth,
Would you be wanting this subject returned if possible? I'm somewhat in the business of undead removal, however your a friend. If possible.and wanted, I would try to return your property in a timely fashion.

Strength Duty Mission Faith

Your Friend,
- Auggie

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
08 Feb 2016 10:26 #3 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Test Subject
Mr. McCoy,

I do appreciate the offer, however I would not wish to cause you to go through any extra trouble on my account. Safe disposal of the test subject would be sufficient and much appreciated.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

Storyteller
08 Feb 2016 11:12 #4 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Test Subject
I am curious as to why an undead is being held for testing. This thing should be destroyed immediately. An investigation should also be conducted into this matter by the guard. If the guard is otherwise engaged, I will appoint someone to look into this matter.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
08 Feb 2016 12:29 #5 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Test Subject
Dr. Nigel is in the business of creating alchemy specifically designed to harm undead.

While I was not aware he had active subjects for testing. This fact does not surprise me.

Dr. Nigel please find me immediately upon arrival in the proper

Knight Captain Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
08 Feb 2016 12:34 #6 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Lord Silverbow and Knight Captain Magnus,

While I shall not be making it to the proper this feast, I shall of course make myself available for any questions or concerns there might be.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Storyteller
08 Feb 2016 15:00 #7 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Test Subject
We'll bring it down if need be.

Anything else guardsmen should know about apprehending your wayward subject? What flavor of undead are we contending with? "Rotting humanoid" doesn't narrow it down enough for me Doctor.

R.T.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
08 Feb 2016 16:00 #8 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
It is your average, garden variety zombie. Slow moving, but slower because of its advanced state of disrepair. Only other thing I cannot stress enough is the caution to avoid contact with bare hands, as it does have poisons and corrosive agents within its flesh.

I am again, most sorry for the inconvenience. The [strike]other[/strike] remaining test subjects have since had additional restraints and safety precautions taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Storyteller
08 Feb 2016 21:18 #9 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Test Subject
Though still a novice druid I do have some techniques I believe could be useful in tracking down the creature. I'm by no means saying that my tracking skills of undead are in comparison to that of an experienced with the undead such as Argyle but I believe there is a particular druid spell that may lead me right to it. I will keep my eye out for it but if anyone is gathering a party to actively hunt down the creature and you would like someone that is decent at tracking I believe i could be of service.

-O. Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Jack Thorn
  • Thank Yous: 42
09 Feb 2016 12:21 #10 by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia)
Replied by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia) on topic Test Subject
I too know this spell and also have the ability to track naturally as a ranger. I would enjoy the chance to hunt undead with you again Argyle. If you go in pursuit of it and need another tracker or just another sword let me know.

-Magistrate Faradhuin Aldaren Kelvar Ornthost (Jack Thorn)
OOG
Soren A. Correia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Feb 2016 13:01 #11 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Test Subject
I'm a tracker as well and will offer my services if no one else is around, or if they have lost the trail.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
09 Feb 2016 15:40 #12 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Test Subject
If you are going to go hunt this creature specifically, please consider taking a Master Alchemist with you. I've spoken to Nigel privately, and most of the poisons used are ones we are likely immune to.

Sincerely,
Meander Correlis

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
09 Feb 2016 16:17 #13 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Test Subject
Nobles, Doctors, peers, and friends,

Perhaps we should work up a posse for such a hunt, such a matter might prove educational and testing?

Mr. Jack Thorn, of course I'd enjoy a hunt with yourself again. I'm also to be at Market Faire, please come and sit with me. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Strength Duty Mission Faith

McCoy, A.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
09 Feb 2016 16:34 #14 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Hello, all,

While it is heartening to see threats to public safety taken so seriously, I feel rather quite embarrassed that it thought necessary to bring so many for one quite injured zombie that has gotten loose because of my mistake.

As I have corresponded with Ms. Correlis, the use of heavy gloves is recommended if physical contact is to be made with the subject. This particular subject has undergone testing for at least three moons, and as such, has quite the cocktail of alchemical and natural agents within its remaining flesh.

This is of course, assuming it has not fallen apart on its own or been destroyed in some other manner.

I do feel the need to once again apologize for this terrible inconvenience.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
09 Feb 2016 21:10 #15 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Test Subject
Nigel,

As always, you can count on my assistance. I'll be glad to look into this, with anyone willing to help. I'm sure with Zelretch's knowledge of Alchemy and all the Trackers and Hunters, we can resolve this with minimal issue.

Please post information about where the creature was held, when it may have gotten out, and any further helpful knowledge for our search. I thank you for your time and research.

~Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Jack Thorn
  • Thank Yous: 42
09 Feb 2016 21:15 #16 by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia)
Replied by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia) on topic Test Subject
I'm not sure if I'll be able to be present this moon as I can't find a caravan to take me into town but if I can be of service let me know.

-Magistrate Faradhuin Aldaren Kelvar Ornthost (Jack Thorn)
OOG
Soren A. Correia
09 Feb 2016 21:29 #17 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Ms. Sinhon (now, VonRitter, it would seem! Well done indeed!),

The test subject escaped from my laboratory within the proper, slightly northwards. I have only just returned to the proper after assisting with the care of the refugees yesterday. Of course, when I noticed the missing subject, I made all haste to spread the word.

Having said that, I have been gone from my laboratory since we fled from the Nulls two months ago. So it could conceivably have gotten loose at any point withing the last two months. Unhelpful, I know, but I am giving as much information as I am able.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Storyteller
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
10 Feb 2016 12:40 - 10 Feb 2016 12:41 #18 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Test Subject
I would like to remind all of you who hope to hunt this "creature" that it was once someone's child or husband or mother. While it must be found and destroyed to safeguard our community, I hope we can all reflect on the morals of using such beings as test subjects instead of immediately putting them out of their misery so that they can face Galladel.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2016 12:41 by Faila (Faila).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
10 Feb 2016 17:09 - 15 Feb 2016 16:18 #19 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Ms. Steelson,

While I can appreciate your sentiment, and I do not wish for this to turn into a religious morals debate, it is precisely for the purpose of putting down creatures like this, and their more... advanced brethren, such as vampires, demons, True Warlocks, and Lycanthropes, that I perform these tests.

I do not view my work as a game or being just to see what happens. The discoveries to be made have the potential to save countless lives from death or worse. Because of my work and the work of those like me, there is the possibility to put into the hands of the layman a tool to swiftly and mercifully put down any Negative Energy-based creature that one may encounter. Not only will even the least combative individual be able to defend themselves and their homes, but your deity will receive the trapped soul that much faster.

It may seem barbaric or distasteful, but I personally consider it a small price to pay to save future lives.

I do hope this is not found to be offensive, as it is not meant to be so.

Dr. Nigel Whitworth

Storyteller
Last edit: 15 Feb 2016 16:18 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes).
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
10 Feb 2016 21:20 #20 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Test Subject
Dr. Whitworth has my support and backing.

Morality has no place in Science.

Dr. Whitworth please be sure to check your post I shall be writing to you shortly.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
11 Feb 2016 15:11 #21 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Test Subject
Dr. Whitworth,

Thank you for your reply and explanation. While you and I may draw the line between what is acceptable and unacceptable in different places, I appreciate that you are giving thought to the tradeoffs involved. And lest there be any misunderstanding, Galladel is not my god more than any of the others of the light. I simply feel keenly for someone who has lost a loved one, only to discover that they have been kept from finding their proper ending or returning to the material plane. Perhaps we may speak of it in person some day.

Sir Cypher,

With all the respect due your title, your statement is vacuous. It seeks to defend actions by hiding behind process. If morality has no place in science, it also has no place in alchemy, the Arcane, smithing or nearly any other tradition of thought or creation beyond those related directly to the divine, for none of these are powered by right or wrong. Yet the statement that morality has no place in smithing certainly would not immunize my actions, for example, if I killed another in order to gather a component to create a powerful weapon. While the current situation involving Dr. Whitworth is, of course, not so extreme, your statement creates a dangerously slippery slope.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.638 seconds