Job: The Temple of Vallukar

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
10 Feb 2016 12:16 #1 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Job: The Temple of Vallukar was created by Jack (Keeperofdice)
In my search for the vaults within Travance I came across an old and ancient temple. But there seems to be a psionic reverberation field around the temple that would be lethal to anyone who has done quite a bit of adventuring. As such I'm looking to hire any and all interested parties who have not been around Travance all that long and would be interested in making some coin. I believe there to be some Wyrd Stones generating this field that are inside the temple. The job is simple: go in, find the stones, bring them to me. You can keep whatever else you find in there and you get paid by me. If you are a member of the Adventurer's Guild I strongly encourage you to take up this offer so we can better see where your talents might be suited for future jobs. All are welcome as long as you are confident that the memories of your travels will not cause your brain to leak out your ears. We leave at 2 bells on Saturday at the Dragon's Claw. Be prepared.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
10 Feb 2016 17:25 #2 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
I will gather what volunteers I can find and meet you at the inn at the requested time. Are there any specific people of a certain trade you are looking for or will any volunteers do?

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
10 Feb 2016 21:32 #3 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
Ideally having as many varied individuals as possible would be the goal. People who want to prove their worth and make some honest money and have exciting adventures exploring the ruins of history would be the most interested for obvious reasons. And quite frankly there are so many projects to do I need to find indviduals whom I can entrust hard, lethal, and rewarding jobs to.

Jack Cypher
Champion Of The Adventurers Guild

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
10 Feb 2016 23:05 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
**Not Caelvan**

How long is too long in Travance? Some may have been here a few months, and felt like they've seen 15 seasons. Others could have been here for years, and feel like they've only seen 10 seasons.

Z'Hade Enam Merikh Tahzam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
11 Feb 2016 00:14 #5 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
I have quite a few friends from many backgrounds that may be interested. I will be sure to gather as many as possible.

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
11 Feb 2016 11:24 #6 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
Sir Cypher,
I hope that even a narrow-minded Londwyn such as yourself could realize the benefits of having a decent Healer, Fenri Kantaris, accompany your party on the mission to the Temple of Vallukar.

Perhaps we can put aside our shortcomings and our small differences for the betterment of Travance and it's citizens.

*the signature is written in fancy High Elven*
Fenri Kantaris

*scrawled underneath in ugly common*
FEnri K

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
11 Feb 2016 12:04 #7 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
Merikh - With the strength of that field, I'd say the memories of more than twenty seasons would outright kill any who stepped inside.

Nesterin - This is most excellent.

Fenri Kantaris - I have heard that Quenarians are renowned for their cognitive prowess. But I did not believe these claims to be true. Subjects of Travance: Mr. Kantaris has indeed discovered an amazing fact with his immaculately developed Quenarian senses! I am actually short! I don't know what I should do with this life changing information. I'll have to get a whole new set of tableware and suitably sized mugs. I shall lament on how i've overstuffed myself on normal sized portions of Lobster and Ice wine with my Quenarian Fiance. Truly were it not for your astuteness I would have lived my life in overabundance. Thank you for making me see the light and understanding. However if you have the stones for adventure, come join in the fun. One thing that still bothers me about Quenarian physiology though: are you born with the stick or is it placed up there afterwards?

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
11 Feb 2016 15:06 #8 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Fenri,

I do not understand the need to make comments on someone's stature. There is nothing wrong with being shorter or being taller like you and I. Ser Cypher is inviting you to go go on this journey and get paid but you insult him by calling him narrow-minded and poke fun at his stature. What benefit does this serve? Why should he pay you or even let you come. We have only spoken a few times but I thought you were better than most other Quinarians (Cyndra not included). It appears I was mistaken. Not that the opinion of a lowly Selendrian matters to you at all. I'm disappointed.

Ser Cypher, I am sorry for how he spoke to you. Some people make themselves feel better about their own "shortcomings" by putting others down.

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
11 Feb 2016 20:57 - 11 Feb 2016 20:58 #9 by Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
Replied by Alia D'Font (DatStephy) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
If we're quite done the pissing contest and wasting parchment with it, my shield is readily available for good paying work.

I've yet to let any whom I've accompanied die, and I do intend to continue that tradition.

-Crowley

---

"There is no more chaotic a storm than that of the battlefield, and as luck would have it, I am a Stormwalker."

"Stubbornly persist,
and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond
the stubbornness of your limits."

OOG:
Stephanie B.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2016 20:58 by Alia D'Font (DatStephy).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
12 Feb 2016 14:35 #10 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
I was merely pointing out that Sir Cypher and I do not see eye-to-eye on many things, I have no idea why everyone is bringing up size in to the conversation as size does not matter. Perhaps there are things lost in translation, this is quite a sloppy language to write with.

I have watched Crowley locked in battle, holding her own with the husk of Count Everest (to which I was informed that the husks hold more strength in battle than the individual did), this is truly proof that size is not an issue.

*The below is all written in beautiful High Elven*
Fenri Kantaris
Vassal of Pendarvin

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
12 Feb 2016 16:28 #11 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
If Nikoli finds the time, Nikoli might go adventuring. Coin is a bit difficult to come by.

Father Nikoli Ungur

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
13 Feb 2016 12:36 - 13 Feb 2016 12:36 #12 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
Who is the coward who ripped down my post?! Explain yourself!

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2016 12:36 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
14 Feb 2016 18:54 #13 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Job: The Temple of Vallukar
I don't need to explain why I tore down a threat written in blood.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds