To Whom it May Concern

23 Feb 2016 22:07 - 23 Feb 2016 22:23 #1 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
To Whom it May Concern was created by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
My dear Captain Fros, I must admit I am humbly disappointed with you. I expected so much more from you. I outsmarted you on the strategic field by tricking you into meeting me and then I preceded to best you at swordplay on the deck of your own ship twice. I got great satisfaction at watching you turn tail and run away. It was even more satisfying dealing with those lack luster assassins you hired to dispatch me. They almost even caught me by surprise…almost. And then to my delight seeing you in that bar. Well it was most disappointing to find out that it was in fact, not you. But I still spread the rumor that Cade Tawnyn had killed the great Captain Fros. Every two bit thief and crook from Pendarvin to Coast Haven heard that rumor. And I waited…and nothing. Not a word from you. And then the end of the world started and gods started falling and dragons started popping up and whatnot. The first thing I did was jump on a ship hoping you would resurface. And still nothing. Now I am in fact a patient man. But you playing this game of hard to get is growing old. I will be on the ocean this coming week. I know you have gotten slow and feeble in your old age but hopefully you can muster the strength to come say hello. I hope to see you soon.

Your obedient servant,

Cade Tanwyn: Of the Brothers Tanwyn

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 22:23 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
24 Feb 2016 10:07 - 24 Feb 2016 10:08 #2 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic To Whom it May Concern
Cade,

It could have been because everyone knew you were lying, even your own family.
If Danny MacKraegar could fight him to only a draw, then it is unlikely that you could put a hole in his head.

This bastard and his crewmen killed my brother, dishonorable though he was.
If you are addressing him with such fondness, then I will count you among the latter.

This disappoints me, Cade. I like you as a person. Your family as well. But if you are the obedient servant of a murderous sea-fiend, one which killed my brother? Then you are my enemy.

讓我站起來,像一個契丹人。只有正義會帶給你平安。

In the shadow of the fist,
Qulun Guo Chenjing

{{Lit: Khitanese: "Let me stand up like a Khitanese. Only justice will bring you peace."}}

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 10:08 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
24 Feb 2016 19:20 #3 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic To Whom it May Concern
To all ye,
Cade has no love or respect for the sack o` bones and puss like Fross. We all dislike the undead or ever living sea turd for that in which he is.
I'm thinking if Fross is about these parts, he will surely say hello to some ole friends of his. If he is, the Adventurers Guild is sure to be busy. I'll leave the matter to ye all ta be sorted.

Strength Duty Mission Faith
McCoy, A.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
24 Feb 2016 19:49 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic To Whom it May Concern
Chenging,

Please see Duncan in the Encampment as soon as you see this note.

Birgitta

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
24 Feb 2016 21:24 #5 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic To Whom it May Concern
I do not know who this Fross is but I do not take kindly to friends being attacked and tormented. I may be a novice but I do not stand for such things. I will join the fight if the need arises.

-Nesterin

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
25 Feb 2016 09:43 - 26 Feb 2016 11:28 #6 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic To Whom it May Concern
Cade,
When you find him, bring along a good bard. Chronicler needs worthy ballads.
Hundred pieces for the Ballad of Cade and Fross!

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 11:28 by Fortier (Greysect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
25 Feb 2016 13:12 #7 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic To Whom it May Concern
I have received a number of private letters concerning what I have posted here on the wall of the Dragons Claw. I have never seen so many exhausted messengers rushing to great me. The coin alone I spent on buying them a drink and giving them a tip has almost left my wallet empty. To save my wallet from hiring more messengers and saving their poor feet I will simply respond here instead of to each of you individually. Most of them are about two concerns which I shall address here if you would indulge me the space and the time.

Concern 1: Cade why are you serving Captain Fros?!
Of course I am not. My hatred for this man is a well known truth. The fact that I talk to him in a polite and respectful manner does not mean I do not intend to see this man stand trial. If we do not treat our enemies with basic human decency we are no better than them.

Concern 2: You are being reckless.
Standing against evil in a broken world takes a certain amount of recklessness. And I have done nothing but recklessly stand for good since I arrived in Travance. When I stood against the demon Frederick alone and defeated him it was reckless. When I faced the barbarian horde and sent my guild away to negotiate alone with their commander. It was reckless and I was tortured for hours. Yet I saved the lives of my guild and even was able to offer false information which bought Travance valuable time. And when I dove in the water and climbed up the ship to face Fros alone on his deck, surrounded by his men, while the armies of travance tried to push their way up the ramp it was reckless. How could I ask the brave people in the Adventurers Guild to follow me into combat, to fight for the good of Travance, if I did not lead from the front. Is it foolish to call evil men out? Maybe, but I could not look in a mirror if I did not. To engage in piracy is despicable, dishonorable, and only a man like Fros who has no pride could commit to a life of it. I will not forget his crimes. I will not move on. When I came to this town I was but a humble man of business. Interested in coin and running from my past. I rather accidentally became a leader of people. Brave warriors who are looking to make this town a better place and make some coin doing it. They’ve inspired me to be better. To stand for what is right. I will see this man give an account for his actions while on his back in the dirt staring up at me. And I do believe there are some other “reckless” people in this damn town who might even stand with me against him.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
25 Feb 2016 14:21 #8 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic To Whom it May Concern
There were people that didn't understand that this was dripping with polite sarcasm?

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Mantel (sigma-j)
25 Feb 2016 14:57 #9 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic To Whom it May Concern
Ridigan,

I am sorry that Kormyrian is my second language.

Cade,

Forgive my assumption. We have no quarrel, but if you want to swing a few daggers at me for my statement, I will take them standing.

In the shadow of the fist,
Qulun Guo Chenjing

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
25 Feb 2016 15:25 #10 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic To Whom it May Concern
I meant more that in my experience, sarcasm is a universal language.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
25 Feb 2016 19:08 #11 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic To Whom it May Concern
Father Ridigan,

I've found sarcasm to be more of an artfirm couched in cultural and contextual terms of endearment.

The Kitanese vs the Celt vs the Kormarian vs the Londwyn being all very different in their approaches for such things.

Nonetheless the issues been addressed and offers made.

I'm pleased to see its gotten not worse and I think that it speaks to the caliber of those here.

Birgitta

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
25 Feb 2016 19:30 #12 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic To Whom it May Concern
This has just been a delight.

Takes my back to my youth.

Thank you all,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
26 Feb 2016 01:12 #13 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic To Whom it May Concern
**Not Caelvan**

There is a difference between being reckless and suicidal.

If you are insistent on the second find me so we may have a chat.

Regardless, I will write you name down.

-Z'Hade Enam Merikh Tahzam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds