Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
28 Mar 2016 11:38 - 28 Mar 2016 11:39 #1 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas was created by Jack (Keeperofdice)
To all it may concern,

There have been many accusations, harsh language, and petty insults thrown at my dearest Ava by many of the subjects of Kormyre. Ava has not and continues to: do nothing wrong. She through the choices of her heart instead of her own actions is continuously ostracized. She speaks plainly and truthfully about what many do not choose to acknowledge because they would rather live in ignorance.

She has done more for this town than most would even imagine. In fact it was directly through her martial training and prowess that we were all saved when we were cornered in Hellocks Keep. The men and women of her militia came forth and broke the ranks of the husk allowing our escape. No thanks or even a concern was given. She doesn't have some mystical quality that exists in Travance that allows a murderer to walk around freely and be granted leeway on every death by their hands and even be praised. She is a person whom I love very much and I am exhausted seeing her treated as nothing by many. In that respect we are the same.

So take a good hard look at yourselves and think about how your own words and actions affect other people. Because one day, you'll push us to hard or too far away with your mitigation and dismissive behavior, and how nothing we seem to do can ever be good enough in your eyes. That's when those things that were done stop and then everyone wonders why and realizes just how much impact others had on and in their lives. Because you've worn people out to the point they no longer care. Because you are stepping on others in your quest to become "heroes" when in fact you are just glory hounds. Why don't you think about all the people along the way who helped you get where you are and how none of you ever give them enough credit or point out how they were right all along and maybe you should have listened. Perhaps the abrasiveness you now suffer is a product of your own actions because you continue to choose the lesser road devoid of honor and righteousness because it is easy. Words cut much deeper than knives and leave scars that rarely go away.

We are in the middle of a war on many fronts with our existence at stake. Working together is a necessary part of survival. I refuse to see my Ava suffer another insult by one of you because you think you are right. It's simple: you are wrong. Treat her like a human being or be treated as nothing as you choose to treat others. If you can forgive the man who murdered the former baron in cold blood on the couch, then you can see how getting angry at someone pointing out how people aren't being nice to each other and looking for fights is not only idiotic but also churlish. Have some common decency and act live civilized individuals. Lest we all become the monsters we fight.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 11:39 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Alex (Wormwood), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
28 Mar 2016 11:52 #2 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Jack,

I do not expect pretty words on my behalf or in my defense.
Though I guess that is a thing people who care about each other do.
As I have told you before, I am a product of the town. They dislike me because I am everything they refuse to acknowledge in themselves.
I am not the problem.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
28 Mar 2016 13:19 #3 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
All people should be treated with respect in one form or another. Sir Cypher you are very correct in stating what you wrote above. If the people need an example of how one should act or strive to be, they need only look at Ava's past deeds... Whatever they might have been.

Yes she does have quite the mouth on her, and yes she had been reprimanded on several occasions for not knowing how or when to shut up...

But she is a model of what people should strive to be... A good, honest law biding citizen. I know no other person in the world that would come to mind in this view of a good well rounded person. So yes dear people of Travance, treat her with the same respect and honor she has given you.

Remember a good deed left unmentioned, is a good deed left unnoticed

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
28 Mar 2016 17:58 #4 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
There be a mighty fine backhanded compliment, Sir Knight.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
28 Mar 2016 19:15 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
You know, I appreciate his backhanded compliment.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
28 Mar 2016 19:38 #6 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
I was not joking when I said I would not tolerate individuals belittling or demeaning her or myself anymore.

Sir Pluvious for your affront to Ava I am challenging you to honorable combat to settle this matter.

Thank you for proving me right in front of everyone about how the town treats someone trying to help and for showing through your actions the value of my words to Travance.

The first term is yours.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
28 Mar 2016 20:50 #7 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Wait am I missing somthing? I stick up for Ava and I'm being challenged to combat....?
Well that was very Dramatic! I said nothing false, both you and Ava know this. She does get blamed more than she should at times..

I just find it odd that my good intentions were yet again taken to a different place. Interesting very very interesting

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
28 Mar 2016 21:03 #8 by Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
Replied by Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Sir Pluvious,

Seeing as this conversation is through writing and not through word of mouth your intent may have been misconstrued. As Mr. Jagger-Suarez pointed out your words came across to, I assume, most of us as sarcasm, which was met with Sir Cypher's contempt. If that was truly not your intent perhaps this conversation is best had in person, much of conversation is non verbal after all.

Evangeline Sparrows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(OOG: Bridget Guice)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
28 Mar 2016 21:45 #9 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
No-no by all means,

How could we deny such dizzying dramatics--?

It seems there are chips on shoulders, where truthful compliments are read as grave insults. Dramatic exercises can be so cathartic.

Tho in all seriousness the personification of pure oblivion is currently walking the earth.
Just something to be considered,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Liz (Liz), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
28 Mar 2016 21:48 - 28 Mar 2016 21:50 #10 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Sir Pluvious:

Not everything you said was kind. If you want to stick up for someone, you should say only nice things. Maybe instead of insisting on the truth of the unkind things that you said, you should say that you're sorry. Then maybe you won't need to fight.

-Midori Suarez
Mercy's Daughter

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 21:50 by Midori Suarez (krykit).
28 Mar 2016 22:21 #11 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Elder Lebastion,

If obliteration walks amongst us, the common folk, then let us be obliteration with honor intact and unsullied. After all, noble or peasant, ye be equal before ye Gods.

'Sides, I had the pleasure of sharing a tomb with Ava not too long ago, and let me say our conversations left me breathless! Granted, a lack of actual air and death looming in me horizon thanks to the vengeful spirit of a mad necromancer, unrelated to Ava, may have assisted in me breathlessness.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
28 Mar 2016 22:27 #12 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
While not everything was tip-top polite, I would be willing to argue that the Castellan's message was meant to indicate those negatives are in the past or to be otherwise overlooked.
While the initial posting by Sir Seifer was most certainly with merit, so was Sir Pluvious'. It does indeed seem Ava is on the receiving end of more negativity than perhaps she has earned, and it does seem that she is, in fact, someone who ought be respected and perhaps emulated - but she is not perfect, and that was Sir Pluvious' point. To emphasize that she is not some gilded idol - but a person, flawed, perhaps guilty of running a mouth, but overall an upstanding member of society.
To bloody blades over misunderstood words is a waste of everyone's time.

But, of course, I am but a knave, and unworthy of my thoughts being considered - brains are bequeathed alongside knighthood.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Mantel (sigma-j)
28 Mar 2016 23:04 #13 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
I do believe an honor challenge was made, and acknowledged. Anyone else not designated as a second by either party has no further business in this line of discussion, I think. Leave this matter of honor between the two knights.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Mar 2016 23:53 #14 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Regarding Ava Cypher-Tuddlesworth-Earfalas
Nok him in thuh fase all reddy. Eenuff werds.

C.H.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Ib (Gannon), Faila (Faila), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds